[REL] Nordschleife3 v3.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by DJCruicky, Jul 22, 2014.

1. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I watched some of the 24 hour Nords on YouTube too. Was fun to watch. The wet weather changed everything at the end.

As for rear lights on cars. All I know for whatever reason a material setting 'Emissive RGB' stopped working 2 or 3 rF2 builds ago. 'Emissive RGB' is an easy way to self light objects at night. I do not know if these cars use this or not, I not checked.
    I do not know if Studio 397 removed this on purpose or if it's a bug.

marmagas and Guimengo like this.
  2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Is this done by hand, a freestyle pencil sketch?
    The layout is so way off, it’s not even funny.
    The overall atmosphere is great, but the inaccuracy ruins the whole effort.

nurogize and DrivingFast like this.
  3. Antti Hyytiainen

Antti Hyytiainen Registered

Not exactly the kindest feedback there Ace Pumpkin.
    ---

Big thanks for the update, will be re-enacting N24 tomorrow!

Including all the armco repairs...

McKiernan and Guimengo like this.
  4. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Isn't laser scanned, after you raced a ls version is difficult to accept this one.

Problem is that the converted ls version from Assetto Corsa doesnt have the nurburgring circuit, which is used on the 24h version.

nurogize likes this.
  5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

It’s a fantasy track based on Nords
    -they’d be much more work to get it passable than actually physically laser scanning it & building it within
    That point cloud

Unusable for me as I know the lasered Iracing & AC version (identical) , I do use the rf2 AC rip though ( bought it in AC )

DaveS78 and DrivingFast like this.
  6. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Good news guys, I just got back from Germany. I've finished lazer scanning the whole track in my car. I used a scanning machine that cost me a few thousand pounds.
    I'm just about to release this lazer scanned version. Spam that F5 key :D.

Let's be realistic guys.

atomed, bluet, McKiernan and 15 others like this.
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Yeah, I am realistic.
    Since Kunos put out the 1st LS Version of Nords these shananigangs are OBSOLETE.
    Sad but true.

8. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Come here just to criticise dont help the community, If you dont like just dont use It.

In other perspective, you could suggest to djcruicky something like reviewing the track, maybe use the assetto corsa converted version as a base reference.

9. Yotan

Yotan Registered

Compared to AC Nord, I feel incongruity especially in the corners I marked.
    Besides, I am curious that the road surface of karussell is curved.
    Of course, I have not driven at real nord :D

I also want a layout of GP course only.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  10. Timallen

Timallen Registered

I also drive the LS Version with Ac and Raceroom.
    This Version here is not perfect like the LS, but i thank all involved People who created this, its so fun to driver with rfactor2 on this Track with night and day and Wet weather.
    So i hope if needed that there will be updates on this Track.
    Thank you so much :)

11. Matt Beavis

Matt Beavis Registered

Have I driven norschleife in real life no.
    Have i raced on both iRacing and AC circuits? Yes

But I enjoy this version more than any other.

Why? With regards to inaccuracies, laser scan is not perfect as it also in the hands of the developer to deliver the realism and the perspective. In addition large sections of the ring are regularly dug up (in some cases more than 15ft) therefore making any laser scan historic as the whole section will change when rebuilt.

This track is vicious. It feels like i am driving the ring. The graphics are superb and I love the fact the track is crazy bumpy. I have to fight to keep the car on the road.

In comparison to AC and iRacing, yea there are bits here and there which are off but it is not a deal breaker at all but all the corners are where you expect them to be and how they and feel real.

AC and iRacing do not have a touch on this version imo. This track makes me feel like i am there.

Thanks to the devs of this track and heres a live stream of me taking sennas 91 Mclaren around it on board. I couldn't get a timed lap on as was early in morning but will be doing a part 3 soon.

12. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I have been to the Nordschleife several times with several (street legal) cars. I also did thousands of laps since the first version came out for Rf2 and raced on com8's version in rf1.
    You can see and ,,feel'' that this and the old version isn't accurate.
    But to be honest, I really don't care because it looks so good and has the atmosphere of the real Nordschleife. I can almost smell the forest and steaks and hear the crowd on the camping grounds. This version isn't accurate, but there is so much work in it.
    If you don't think ,,it's not accurate'' while driving on it, you will forget it and just enjoy it.

13. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

I think the problem is after you've raced the ls version and you come back to this, you expect to do the corner in a certain steering angle and a certain gear, and after some corners you just crash, misjudging the track, in the end you've to relearn the entire track if you wanna race it.

14. Yotan

Yotan Registered

Perhaps, the people that hoping Laser scanned track don't expect personal modder. I think they are hoping S397 will release it. I hope it too.
    However, even If Laser scanned nordschleife was released by S397, it do not change fact this track has awesome background object. So I can understand feeling they want to see track mixed Laser scanned surface and those background.

15. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I'm still having a hard time installing it. I haven't had much time to look at anything this year.
    I just have a hard time running down anyone's work. I do admit the corners seem tight on the older version I drove on but I did enjoy it and hope more people do mods.
    Still want to try it. Sounds nice.

Plus, just because I think AC's physics are subpar compared to rF2 I still enjoy it and support Kunos. If you don't have it I think you're missing out and I'm also very excited about ACC.
    What an exciting time to be in sim racing.:)

16. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@Ace Pumpkin did not even speak about the realism of the road surface, which is necessarily completely wrong (the modder is not to blame for that or for nothing elsewhere).

On the other hand, the layout is incredibly false, including elevations, vibrators, etc :

That's what @Ace Pumpkin was talking about, I think.

By the way, visually, it's not the Nords at all (trees................).

In conclusion, there are only people who do not drive in real life the Nords AND/OR who are not passionate about the Nords who can appreciate this version.

Then, I admit that the work of DJC and Tosch is impressive, and that it is very unpleasant to read comments of this type.

The problem is that these comments are totally true, even if they are not pleasant to read.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

This version by DJC et al is absolutely fantastic to race on. The feel of the road, the ambience, the trackside objects.
    It may not be 100% laser scanned, vegan, free range, "mum it's the like ACTUAL track" but it's awesome. The best, most satisfying racing can be had here.
    So I want to thank them for it.
    I have tried the AC rip and did not like it at all. The road surface totally lacked any bumps or feel. So possibly laser perfect but totally personality free. I deleted it after one evening.
    So please don't tell me that I am not passionate about the Nords, I am and hope to race there in real life before too long. Until then this track is fantastic.
    So each to his own, one mans meat is another mans poison etc etc, but if you want to come in here and criticise peoples work, then maybe it's polite to show us what you have done for the community ? Or at least learn to give feedback without being insulting.

atomed, vava74, jimortality and 7 others like this.
  18. Emery

Emery Registered

Because the rip only uses the visual mesh without trying to adapt the physical mesh.

ericRacer likes this.
  19. LilSki

LilSki Registered

It probably would have still been too smooth had they used the physical mesh. The low res mesh you drive on with rF2 simply cannot pick up the details unless you exaggerate them.

Guimengo likes this.
  20. Emery

Emery Registered

We'll see what impacts a tight mesh has when Sebring is released. Jump to 41:23 for a preview of a higher res mesh at the Sebring hairpin. Maybe it will clobber fps, maybe not.

Last edited: May 24, 2018