Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1110 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Andregee

Andregee Registered

With the latest updates i nearly lost the whole performance boost.
    example:

Silverstone 29AI Mercedes AMG GT3 at the end of them, 5040x1050, multiview, 1070GTX, 3770k @4.2

1109: 42fps
    1.1110 only 46fps left

With the initial 1.1110 build i got 57fps.

So only 10 percent performance increase is left in the GPU limit, with the GT3, which already overload the graphics card while i reach around 70fps with the really good looking GT3 World Series Mod. Somehow really dissapointing.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. Travis

Travis Registered

Do the suggested graphics settings found in the "Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects" thread remain in place for the latest build?

S397 improved shadow rendering so is it better to leave them at the high setting as suggested back in December or switch to maximum?

The suggested graphical settings should be stickied in a separate thread as they will get lost in time & probably easier to update if need be too.

F1Aussie, FS7 and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Do you have visible cars set to 29

4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

5. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

reduce to 15.

6. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I had 57 fps with 29 visible GT3 with the first 1.1110 build and now 46 and this shoukd be the resolution? And whats the resolution for driving at night or with rain when hitting 25fps? Taking another time and dry conditions? The main problem is that the new content like the GT3 produces to much GPU load. The nearly 70fps with the GT3 World Series mod oder with EGT mod produces only 70% GPU load, so that there enough headroom for higher loads, like night or rain and that with 29 visible cars. And overall i lost 10fps with the update of 1.110 and thats weird.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

sweet

8. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

On cockpit camera, in most of the tracks you won't notice any visual difference from 29 to 15 cars, just fps gain. It's better to keep 15 cars and run above 60 fps.

9. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I only use the screens to compare the Performance. I usually drive in Vr and the performance is still not really good and I speek from only 45 fps with ASW instead of 90. Other content is so much better performance wise without looking worse and the loss of Performance with the latest update on top of that is simply dissapointing. The point is, driving at night or in the rain is impossible even with less than 29 visible cars,
    because the framerate drops under 45 and thats really ugly in VR so every single fps is important and the New loss of 10fps is not welcome

10. sorrowful

sorrowful Registered

Moderate improvement. In offline mode when set to high, there is no problem with multiple AIs. But in multiplayer, the game is choppy (slow) without consequences on FPS. I do not understand extreme CPU extraction in DX11 multiplayer when there are more online players. This problem is only for rFactor 2 and DX11 for DX9 multiplayer worked better than single, now it's the opposite. Other games-simulators do not even have this problem with high settings.
    Excuse my bad English.

:(

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

My ghost car ( transparent )
    Does not work if I use “saved”

Shouldn’t it simply display the saved best personal best lap after each outlap then automatically replace the saved with a better lap if one achieves this ?

It works in last or best mode but that’s only in sane session

Is it because I have steam installed in a different drive ( D ) & not within programs files ??

Is there an easy fix?
    I have deleted my .Json file for a new one but didn't help

12. KittX

KittX Registered

For the older engine I did amounts like that too, like 6 different files for grass blade textures (or even 9) but nowadays with draw calls worth keeping in mind, it's better to unite textures as much as possible. Cpu and gpu holding up together, is quite a bottleneck with this engine.

mixer61 likes this.
  13. MUJ

MUJ Registered

Sound
    • Changed the way opponent volume works. If you set them to 100% in the past, they were way too loud. If you turned them down, they would not be as loud as the player car in external cameras. We introduced a damping factor now for the cockpit that can be configured per car and defaults to 0.3 that solves this issue.
    • The number of engine samples was increased to 12 and the number of transmission samples to 6 to allow much richer sounds for both.
    For me the opponent sound is now very low. Can i change something to make it louder again?

2ndLastJedi and patchedupdemon like this.
  14. stonec

stonec Registered

@MUJ No easy fix other than make sure you have opponent volume ratio set to 100% in audio settings. There is now a mod-specific parameter that controls damping to reduce opponent sound inside cockpit, which now defaults to 0.3. This value is good for closed cockpit but open wheel mods might need manual updating of that value.

15. MUJ

MUJ Registered

Running GT class in endurance races. (cockpit view) Have used loud opponent sound, which is really helpfull with lmp´s aproaching.
    Now they hardly saying anything. Have opponent volume at 100%. Had hoped for a fix:)

oppolo likes this.
  16. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I think the changes to the sound are good so far. Would be interesting if something like the doppler effect can be used. Also it would be awesome if you could make cars have an engine sound and an exhaust sound on the front and back or side.
    I guess this would need some black magic :D

Guimengo likes this.
  17. stonec

stonec Registered

The problem is in the mod then. With 100% opponent volume, if you move to external cam, the sound is supposed to be as loud as cockpit cam sound. I suspect it's not, so the mod makers need to tweak it.

18. Emery

Emery Registered

Not as much black magic as you'd think. Mainly supporting surround sound like other current games [pCARS 2 has the best implementation] rather than outputting stereo sounds to 5.1/7.1 systems.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Wanderer likes this.
  19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

AMS (Reiza) recently implemented this didnt they ?

20. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

@stonec where is the control for this? I can't seem to find it.