Seq.shifter how do I get reverse ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, May 10, 2018.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hi all

I remember there was a special mysterical secret thing that needs to be done do a sequential shifter can simply go below gear 1 when shifting down

Does anyone remember

This bug should really be sorted

2. Adrian

Adrian Registered

in your CONTROLLER.JSON I think this is the line you can change that

"Stop Sequential if Neutral Configured#":"whether configuring neutral prevents sequential shifts into neutral from 1=1st, 2=reverse, 3=both, or 0=neither"

set to 1 by default. 0 should give what you want

3. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

You have to delete the key assignment for the N and the reverse, otherwise you have to go to N and to reverse through the assigned buttons. In the control menu click the specific control and press ESC. You can also go to N by pressing both the paddle shifters at the same time, very useful after a spin or a crash. Not a bug, just non-user-friendly default settings :)

EDIT
    Cool, i did't know that @Adrian

Adrianstealth likes this.
  4. Emery

Emery Registered

Not a bug, just an under-documented feature...

1. Default in the game is that Neutral button is NOT configured, so the downshift can happen right on into Reverse (I've blown many a race that way <ahem>).
    2. If you have a Neutral button configured, then you can change the behavior with that controller.json line Adrian mentions.
    3. Alternatively, if you have a Neutral button configured, I recall being able to press both up- & downshift paddles to go into Reverse. I don't think there's a way to do this if you're using a single lever sequential shifter.

5. Adrian

Adrian Registered

"Alternate Neutral Activation#":"whether to select neutral if shift up & shift down are pressed simultaneously"

yup its also in there.

At the moment the safest way with a seq is to just use the neutral button. Being able to hold the 'down shift' for ~2 seconds to shift through neutral would be another nice feature.

RF2 has heaps of cool settings that most people will never see cause they are in a JSON, that would be one of my hopes with a new UI that these would be visible in game somewhere.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Cheers , deleting Neutral in key config sorted it -that must have configured as default as I’ve not touched it

Was so long ago I last sorted this I forgot , but knew it was something simple

Sorted cheers