Cannot set practice at my server of markmods.com

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Manson110, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Manson110

Manson110 Registered

I set everything in multiplayer.ini and upladed it on my FTP server of markmods but it never takes my settings on the server. its always a warmup and 5 lap race session and i cant add a practice or a qualifign, but i have it definied in multiplayer.ini. i dont know how to set my conditions. please help

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

How do you setup your server?
    With the tool in the launcher you can set everything to your liking. Its the last buttom with the globe+arrow.

3. Manson110

Manson110 Registered

I use markmods server over ftp and i cant launch the rf2 launcher tool. i modify my multiplayer.ini and upload it. then i start the server over markmods and use the ftp configuration ( my rf2 files). mod and tracks are installed and working but it never takes the practice and qualifign into it. AI´s are also correct what ive set , only my racelaps quali and practice ive set, it never takes

4. Manson110

Manson110 Registered

5. Manson110

Manson110 Registered

sorry ive forgot, its a rent server

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Dont know markmods. Rental server doesnt do any difference as far as I know.
    Why not start the common way?

7. AceLain

AceLain Registered

The practice session and all that is set in the Player.JSON if my memory is good...

8. Manson110

Manson110 Registered

I cant start anything on the FTP server. I have only access to my Files on the server. I cant start Programs with the server console. Dedicated.exe start automatic when i start server. Informations come from multiplayer.ini, but it takes no race session information(laps,lenght, practice). ITS only a warmup of 2 minutes and a 5 lap race and i dont know how to set this up

Attached Files:

9. Manson110

Manson110 Registered

I try thanks

10. Manson110

Manson110 Registered

Is there a specific folder for the packages? it says: package not availaple when i want to download it on my 2. pc

11. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Yeah, you must put the RFMOD into your STEAM\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Packages or your rfactor2-dedicated\Packages

12. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

markmods officially stooped supporting people with rfactor2 servers "you must figure out by your self"

13. Cristian Lazzaro

Cristian Lazzaro Registered

Ehm...
    Anyone knows if Markmods support is still active guys?
    I just need to update the build on my server.... but no answer...

Is Markmods "dead"? :(

I can't update the server from filezilla, no permission to do that.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  14. Brent

Brent Registered

Cristian, we are in the same situation with Markmods.

Several support tickets and emails have been submitted since the V1110 update last week with no response. If they want us to figure it out ourselves, that's fine, I can do it and live with that, but I don't have access to install the new build. They have always setup a button for us to click on the control panel to install the next build.

Cristian Lazzaro likes this.
  15. Depco

Depco Registered

I suspect you will not be able to figure it out without having root access to the server. v1110 requires an update that is either initiated through SteamCMD or requires a complete re-install. Markmods does not allow this type of access. I believe you will have to do what all the rest of us have done. Setup a dedicated machine in your house to host the server. The server box really does not need to be very powerful. The only problem I have run into is the amount of upload. I had to update to a 20 MB upload speed to host 20+ drivers.

16. Cristian Lazzaro

Cristian Lazzaro Registered

Problem solved for me, Markmods set up the server with new rF build last week ;)

Very interesting!
    Can you please make an example of the specs of a server machine like yours? ;) (target 20 people)
    I have 20MB upload speed so this is not a problem...

17. Brent

Brent Registered

Markmods set up our server to upgrade to the next build last week as well. It seems the best way to contact them for support is through their Facebook page via private message.

18. Depco

Depco Registered

My server is an old retired workstation from a college. I recall it being under 100 bucks on ebay... I am not home right now to get the specs.

19. Depco

Depco Registered

My server is an intel W3550 (Quad) @ 3.07GHz with 8GB of Ram. I also have a Quadro 2000 video card but I dont think that was necessary to run rF2 as it is not rendering anything.