Frequent VR(rift) stutter

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Chris Roubos, May 7, 2018.

1. Chris Roubos

Chris Roubos Registered

Hey guys, I have been having trouble ever since the first DX11 beta in VR with lag/stutter. I cant seem to find anyone with the same issue exactly. On track and even in garage menus the headset display goes black and displays the "VR content loading" screen for a tiny fraction of a second. I have tried everything graphics wise and am wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and resolved it.
    Attached is a screenshot of the steam frame timing app where you can see the spike when the application seems to stop rendering in the middle of the graph, causing the stutter.
    Hopefully someone can help. o_O
    Thanks,
    Chris Untitled.png

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

How far away it's your sensor? Try moving it closer or directly in front of you if it's not already.

3. Chris Roubos

Chris Roubos Registered

Thanks for the reply Marc, turns out i had a few plugins enabled that i didn't need anymore. Disabled them all and it is running smooth! For anyone who has any issues with VR thats a good place to start.

wrxxy and MarcG like this.
  4. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

I haven't tested in a while, but I have the same issue. What plugins did you disable?

5. Chris Roubos

Chris Roubos Registered

Literally all of them, haven’t had time to try troubleshooting and work out which one was causing it yet but I had a few there I forgot I even had! Will let you know when I work out which one it was

wrxxy likes this.
  6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

would help if you filled in your profile page with full PC system specification

7. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Nice to see you got it sorted....