Latest Roadmap Update - April 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Louis

Louis Registered

btw, i do prefer being banned than have messages edited/deleted, threads closed, supporting questions being ignored...
    seems "honest" (the comparative superlative form in english -more honest, honestier, honestst :D)

ps: thank god, i was never banned here
    ps2: Most of discussions occurs between users. Not staff. Ignoring is a good thing

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    UsedMomo likes this.
  2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Enough of this. Topic is April roadmap.

lagg, Seven Smiles, bwana and 5 others like this.
  3. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

The only way I can see these things coming to fruition anytime soon is if any ISI licensed code pertaining to them is dumped, and the rest carried over to an open-source base. There are lots of options from which to choose, and the rights to the rest of the parts of the game can remain as they are.

Under this scenario most of the work has already been done. It couldn't possibly hurt -- as it stands we have nothing anyway.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

They are doing this already with building a HTLM5 and embedded browser based UI from scratch. The old ISI UI was dumped. You can learn more about the UI tech from watching this video from around 35 minutes. The tricky part is that this scratch built UI still has to interact with the main sim graphics thread. The original sim wasn't designed to be thread safe, so they had to build a command queue and interface between these two programs. So no, all work is not done just by building the UI part, it has to interact with the real-time simulation.

coltair, TJones, Ace Pumpkin and 3 others like this.
  5. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Looking forward to the GTE/LMP cars. I buy that day one undoubtedly.
    Le Mans 18 will be in about 1 Month. In my opinion this would be the perfect date for the release ;)

jayarrbee36 and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

After hearing about the absolutely, unimaginably, ridiculously, enormously, you got to be shitting me, huge amount of work required just to add one button to the original UI, reinforces that all the armchair experts deserved all the anger directed at them.

CamiloNino likes this.
  7. misi

misi Registered

Not bad, 0/2 :)

Lazza, MarcG and Daniele Vidimari like this.