Latest Roadmap Update - April 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 30, 2018.

1. filippu

filippu Registered

How one would prove that someone started a particular task on a given day and finished it X days or months later, within a company ? Since you're expecting it to happen, can you enlighten us ?

Speaking of proving something. I told earlier that I found very bizarre that KartSim needs to add bumps by hand, and I'm suspecting that it's not laser scanned as it's understood in simracing, but rather using free lidar data.
    They are reading the forums, and I requested a simple picture of a kart track with lidar data, the kind of pictures that every track developer shows to advertise their laser scanned tracks (including S397 with Sebring). I would love to be proved wrong though, but got nothing so far.

Funnily, here, no proof was needed from people like you, and worse, from the ridiculous "instabuy" crowd. I'm sensing some kind of double standard and hypocrisy from the fanboys in here ;)

Louis likes this.
  2. stonec

stonec Registered

The critique of track artists was IMO unwarranted. There was some request here that we get 4-6 tracks per year, which is completely delusional. I don't know of any sim including the big ones like Assetto/pCars that would produce 4-6 tracks per year. And if I remember correctly, at least during ISI ownership the track team was two persons and those same artists moved over to S397. The average modder spends several years fine tuning a single track and they rarely even build tracks from scratch (I don't say every modder, not to make me misunderstood).

I don't see why the UI delay can't be criticized as there was a schedule given which was deviated from, but we don't really know the reasons for this delay, so it's useless to speculate the cause.

3. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Guys, if you keep attacking or insulting devs, with assumptions and speculations, we'll be closing this thread, since this way can't be of any help for anything/anyone.

Thanks.

Nitrometh, Flaux, Travis and 18 others like this.
  4. McNolo

McNolo Registered

I really do not understand some things. I do not even want to imagine how terribly complex it must be to create a simulator like this and that everything fits and works as it should. I've created little programs in my life and I almost go crazy, so I do not think any of us has the slightest idea how hard it should be.

Speaking of tracks, from my experience I know that it is difficult, complex and slow to create a track from scratch with all its features implemented and functioning correctly. Creating tracks for other simulators is more easier (not easy but more easy), simply because many features do not exist. So many people who talk about making tracks faster probably have no idea how to make tracks, at least not for rFactor 2.

But what I really wanted to say is, we have a very good simulator and the most realistic one that exists with a lot of difference (in my opinion). It is not free of errors, but nothing is in this world, nothing is perfect. What I do not understand is, why that anxiety in wanting "right now" more improvements ?. What does it matter if the new interface is delayed ?. I would also like to have these improvements as soon as possible, but I understand that it is complicated and that there will be strong reasons why it is not so, it can not be otherwise. So, let the creators work and what has to come, will come. Meanwhile, enjoy what you have, which is very good. It could be better? Of course, it can always be better, but it could also be much worse.

Regards.

Fraggon, Ronnie, lagg and 6 others like this.
  5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I have no idea what I should prove nor how they should prove it, I'm not the one calling the devs bad stuff or saying I can do better than them.
    Oh there are plenty of things in rF2 (and all other sims) that I dislike, you can be 100% sure I'm no fanboy of any sim, there isn't a single one in the market that is worth being a fanboy, plain and simple :)

Talking about the road map... I just hope the rain performance improvements wont take long, even with particles off in rear view and no reflections rain can have quite a big hit, especially at race starts. Tho I'm not really sure if it's possible to improve it more considering these options are already off, I imagine this is the heaviest part of the rain

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  6. Louis

Louis Registered

iim here only because im customer, not invited.
    And, if i should be glad about them speaking about what they sold, should i sacrifice a goat every techinical support i get?

UsedMomo, Guimengo and filippu like this.
  7. filippu

filippu Registered

I have seen some kiss ass posts, but this one might be the best. As Louis pointed out, I'm not a guest at S397's house. If anything, S397 should be glad that they have some customers that care just enough to post on their forums (nothing screams like a bad game when the official forums are ghost town).

And to your "here it's better because you can talk freely", yeah you can talk freely, as long as it's following the party line. There are some posts that are disappearing very quickly in this forum, and as recently as one hour ago.
    Please spare us the complex of superiority towards other sim/game developers, because as far as moderating goes, this forum is like every other. Some people just can't handle a little bit of power.

PS : bets are on whether this post will last an hour or not.

Louis, Guimengo and UsedMomo like this.
  8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The atmosphere on this forum is sometimes very bad and people are trying to be really vexing.

- GROUP A

People consider it very useful to scream as loud as possible when things are done well and to thank S397 with a lot of "passion".
    AND
    When from the point of view of the user things are poorly done, poorly prioritized, not meeting the schedule or that communication is bad, etc. = Exclusively constructive criticism accompanied by factual arguments (But nobody is obliged to agree, just to respect).
    I am one of those people.

- GROUP B

People who are extremely POSITIVE about everything S397 does, which is necessarily more enjoyable for S397 members.

There is a third type of people who DO NOT EXIST ON THIS FORUM :
    * People who spend their time criticizing, without being justified or constructive criticism, without admissible arguments.

So the question is :

Can people who have a very different approach to others just RESPECT the different way of seeing things, respect what is said, stop being vexing and just stop the little "spades" and unpleasant innuendo.

Many people no longer participate in these discussions because some people are vexing and almost insulting (almost).

Not great.
    As a reminder, we all have the same passion : piloting, car simulation via RFACTOR 2.

Let's make an effort :)

9. Louis

Louis Registered

im on group B

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Todau a new UI with enhanced features plus a review of the competition format is more necessary than ever.

With all official cars and some 3rd party ones encrypted it is impossible to make any proper adjustment to fit a car within a championship format. Fuel and tire use adjustments are too coarse to be useful and hdv and tgm files are no longer acccesible any more to adjust pit times, fuel tank, tire wear...

Hosting now with steam CMD is a nightmare compared tothe situation before steam only release. Furthermore, if using DLC content it gets worse, having to copy and paste files into the server.

Normal options for setting up a server like parc ferme among others have always been a disaster. Diving through player.json or multiplayer.json is simply prehistoric.

Having to disable SC in order to avoid a chaos in the restart because Nascar races use double row and we have to resign to that single option.

When you claim you are going to do things and those things never arrive do not expect people to be happy.

Louis, Guimengo and UsedMomo like this.
  11. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Let's take a short breather, thread is quickly going downhill.

Travis, Shawn, Scoopscat7 and 8 others like this.
  12. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

ok thread is back open.
    Please be try to be civil. ;)
    We totally accept and welcome criticism, but if your sole mission is to hammer the thread, start fights, and openly insult staff and other users, you shouldn't be commenting on here anyway.

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all

Is my ghost car not working right?

I leave the option on “best”
    Thinking it will appear straight after our lap but I think it will only appear if I beat the “best” time ( from whichever previous session)

14. FS7

FS7 Registered

Are there any plans to include trackmap in the hud?

15. Jachaussloef

Jachaussloef Registered

I think rF2's sky colour seems "too green" and not blue enough...since the very early version of it until the latest version. Otherwise graphics are very good
    [​IMG]
    Could we see a sky like Forza series in the rF2;) FH3's sky looks stunning
    [​IMG]

16. Comante

Comante Registered

Add some cloud, change the time, and the sky will look amazing in RF2 too.

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think that was one of the early attempts to improve performance....just from my observations, I have no real information. But the early screens showed a fair amount of good weather clouds and lately it seems on a clear day, all we get is clear skies. So just my hunch, back when they were putting out several updates a week last summer/fall, they may have reduced the cloud cover to speed up the framerate. NOTE: That was last year, it has nothing to do with the latest April update that had improved DX11 performance for most users.

18. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Rf2 does look better in the late afternoon, during the day yeah, the sky is a little too blue.

Not that I'm really looking at it when driving though...

sman likes this.
  19. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

IMO a 100% clear sky is not a common situation. Where i live (Italy) you can always see some white clouds in the sky (except some special days in summer), the picture above looks like a typical sky over the Sahara Desert.

[​IMG]

If you want a realistic sky (with realistic i mean the right amount of clouds, as most the places in the world) i suggest use at least the Partially cloudy preset.

Not so bad! :)

[​IMG]

BTW agree that with a stronger blue it can be even better

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  20. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

[​IMG]

McFlex, d0nd33, Ace Pumpkin and 3 others like this.