Latest Roadmap Update - April 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I'm just noticing how some people now seem to seed the fight and then sit back to just watch :D

Seven Smiles and DrivingFast like this.
  2. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

You changed the colour of the line on the gears chart to blue, I can see the blue line but it's not very clear, I cannot see the pointy bits that indicate the revs that gear is set to! It's too dark, blends in too much with the grey background and the grid lines also present. I cannot see what I'm doing when changing gears! Not sure what colour it was before but I could see it! Please put it back to red, or white or something. Thanks!

3. Tompa

Tompa Registered

Great news about more F1 cars. :)

I havent seen the movie "rush" yet but I assume the McLaren M23
    is present in that movie??

4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Yeah, back then teams would use the same car for several years. McLaren won titles with Fittipaldi and Hunt time it was used (73-76)

Edit: it was actually 78.

Tompa likes this.
  5. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Yes, it's in the movie. It has the large upright airbox when James goes to sign for McLaren initially, and also the T-shape airbox that was used later in the season.

One of the interesting things about cars of that era was just how much they were modified over the lifetime of the chassis and from race to race. See www.oldracingcars.com. Each individual chassis is listed on there! So you can follow the life of it from when it was build as a prototype, crashed, rebuilt to new spec, crashed again, scavenged for parts, built into an entirely new chassis and given a completely different name, crashed again, lost, found, sold, lost again ....

pkelly and Tompa like this.
  6. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Comments: thanks a lot
    - DLC with 3 GTE and 2 LMP cars will be released (in February "release april" was noted) or delayed for a year as UI?
    - How much will DLC cost? How much Sebring will cost?
    - Sebring will be released (in February 2 months to release was noted) or wil it be delayed for a year?
    - Motec software support announced in September will be released or it will be delayed for more than a year as UI?
    - New user interface was announced on January 2017, will it be released?

Thanks

Mibrandt and Adam Helyes like this.
  7. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Why the UI has been delayed:
    9877B6EC-5BFF-4905-BDD9-78C01AC808E3.gif

MaD_King and Louis like this.
  8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

To be honest, the new UI was pretty low on my list of wants. Performance and content first.

9. Louis

Louis Registered

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Unfortunately that blog post and thread have caused more confusion than anything else. The changes are purely about reducing the amount of heat generated when running on surfaces other than the track (grass, dirt, etc). It was mentioned that this was sort of used in the past to somewhat simulate the effects of pickup, but it's not a good solution and they're working on something else.

I personally wouldn't expect that new solution anytime soon, but in the meantime the tyres not hitting 400 deg (C) when sliding on grass is a good thing.

11. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

@s397 are there any plans to have the starting lights appear on each drivers screen.
    I did my second online race tonight and couldn’t see the guy with the flag or the lights,so I lost 2-3 places on the start

Louis, SRGP and SPASKIS like this.
  12. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

You can press 6 (default button) to show info panel and scroll through pages (Enter) to reach the one with race info. Race time shows --:--:--- until green lights. You can drop the clutch as soon as 00:00:000 appears. I agree, that's not pretty, but it's better than nothing.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    SRGP, bwana, David Kolody and 3 others like this.
  13. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

Or both.

14. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

There are forums where you get banned for questioning the devs professionalism or their business as some of you guys did above and it is actually quite borderline what you are doing. This has nothing to do with fanboy fights or what ever, but with the simple fact that some people have no manners and at the end we are guests here. So you guys should be glad that you have a dev team talking that open with the community about their plans and development. Instead you choose to play the arm chair developer claiming to know what is right for everyone else or how things should be done. Good move ... :rolleyes:

Emery, Scoopscat7, gabrielof and 29 others like this.
  15. David Kolody

David Kolody Registered

Absolutely correct!

LokiD and jayarrbee36 like this.
  16. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

Small remainder to everyone, while the UI is being developed, they have also delivered DX11, VR, performance optimizations, rain, new tracks and new cars (yes, some of those are DLC, cry me a river) and two fixes for the tire model. And they are also working on other cars and tracks and a matchmaking system as far as I know.

17. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Registered

I have zero complaints, keep up the great work S397, and thank you from an appreciative customer.

Nitrometh, jayarrbee36, LokiD and 3 others like this.
  18. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yeah i mean you dont get Ian bell responding on discord to questions raised at him, in almost a matter of minutes. Marrs has been on youtubbers streams to help out. Marcel is what renato is like to reiza. Wish more could be like that. Thoughout the gaming industry.!

19. AMillward

AMillward Registered

This. If it was all so easy it would have been done by now.

20. Comante

Comante Registered

What many people doesn't seem to grasp is that ISI before and S397 now are going toward the simulation route, having they choosen differently, RF2 would probably already be completed, but they choose to implement features when they found a way to simulate them instead of canning some effect or faking some effect and call it a day, things that we don't have have simple placeholders (like ABS or traction control). Now one can agree or disagree with this approach, but definitely,RF2 is their product, not ours, so it's not our business to tell them how wrong they are. I like how RF2 is, the last update put a lot of meat on the grill, and the next ones will be on par or even more. But then there are pleople that seem to play only to find all the stuff that are wrong, without noticing all the stuff that are spot on (taking them for granted, while they are not).

lagg, bluet, pkelly and 2 others like this.