Latest Roadmap Update - April 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Mauro

Mauro Registered

2. filippu

filippu Registered

Nice story, but that's not how it works here.
    You know, when two track artists (ie people with pro experience, but elsewhere) told that S397 takes way too much time to do tracks, they were pretty much told to go off.
    In here, even when you have experience of the area, you aren't allowed to tell anything negative about Snail397, because the army of fanboys will fall on you real quick.

Louis and UsedMomo like this.
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

They were told to prove they could do faster and they didnt, as far as I remember. Then if you cant prove and will keep posting the same thing over and over it's a good reason to tell them to get out.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  4. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

What I do not understand is .... When do not like the game, or is the development too slow for you ,or is it going the wrong way for you, etc. Why do not play the games that are so much better?, why wasting time here? Because you invested 100 euros or why? If I were a developer I would hate to develop for you

patchedupdemon likes this.
  5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

the truth might hide somewhere in the middle !!!!!
    to my experience with music software development which ppl use to make money
    goes the same route
    they are not gonna heard how we believe developing has to go !!!!!
    software companies has a schedule and they follow it the same way believers follows what their religion says.

6. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

you need to adjust the menu spring rate at the bottom of the ffb settings screen.

pkelly and mesfigas like this.
  7. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

While i do think this is a great road map showing team has there head down and things are progressing.hats of to them for acquiring some more licenses too as this really keeps the future development a float. you have to give it to S397 as they really or churning along nicely.

I wish the team would focus as well on some bugs such as the "rain bug" where AI pit every lap. this use to work fine now its become a sad exercise to race in the rain. surely this cannot be too hard to fix as its work in the past?

in regards to the UI i am disappointed how we still have no indication of when it will come, i do understand that it is a huge undertaking and the final product should be great. but currently we are somewhat stuck between a broken UI and one that is not out yet with no ETA. perhaps an open beta that is allowed to run along side would be a possibility closer to release?Regardless, keep going S397 it will get there. im sure a huge relief once it will be released.

Also in discussion of having dirt pickup on the tyres when running off road. i'm sure i read this somewhere in Road map or from Michael's Blog. is this something that will be implemented? if im not mistaking AMS has this so surely this is a feature Rfactor can implement aswell.
    These little polishes will add alot to the game imo.

Cheers Keep up the good work.

Guimengo likes this.
  8. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

I am a software engineer in a small team. 6 months for a new feature that requires a big design change that will surely cause unforeseen bugs and delays is actually reasonable.

9. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Disappointing Roadmap in many ways, given it is so brief. Probably best at this point to not over-promise or get ahead of themselves on anything though.

No detail on 'what's next' in the graphics development department, just some tweaks to rain. Is there anything else left you intend to work on?

I understand the 'development continues grind grind' on the UI and the competition infrastructure, but really, it's about time we began to get a glimpse of what new game features this will enable for both offline and online. Offline, I'm talking about creating career modes, championship seasons, and suchlike to race against AI. Online, there are so many forms of racing here (heat racing for instance) that could be built, what sorts of championships we can build, features for leagues etc. that we really have no idea what the plan is. The detail we have is really basic capability like carrying state from one session to the next (qually/race), which is so basic as to be a given, and kind of gives me the feeling that the additional features haven't even been designed or coding started yet...

For content, like many I am looking forward to the Endurance pack, whatever the GTEs happen to be. I think we'll also get a good sense from this about what folks want to see for offline/online usage as well. GT3s haven't been as popular as we might have hoped, sales of that pack are much lower than I'd have expected. I think this pack may do better given the variety and type of racing it is: possibly people are just burned out with all-GT3 all-the-time. I'll be buying it; and also Sebring.

Which brings us to the Historic F1s. I haven't ever downloaded the BT44 because I figured it was a development project. The March 761 was announced, I kind of thought it was nice but wasn't too involved. But now we have the Macca M23 coming too, my interest is perking up. For those of us of a certain age, 1976 can be considered a golden era of racing. Hunt v Lauda. Great names like Fittipaldi, Regazzoni, Depailler, Ickx, Peterson, Andretti... and even lesser lights like Lella Lombardi, Divina Galica trailblazers, Tom Pryce and many others. Of course, this was all towards the end of one of the most dangerous periods for drivers; and the list of those from this season in particular that we lost is absolutely shocking, either through racing or other disasters. The cars were in many ways the stars of the show though; Ferrari F12 and Matra V12, but the vast majority running the Cosworth V8/Hewland package by 'garagistes'. At this point aerodynamics still wasn't everything, no ground effect yet, so the mechanical package was very important. The suspensions systems all different, the visual looks all different even if in some ways agricultural, innovation and duct tape. The heady mix of glamour and speed, so intoxicating to a youth, and now the beginning realization of the horrors that can follow it. Visuals of Lauda pulling off his balaclava and half his horribly burned scalp coming away with it, in qually at Monza a mere 33 days after nearly dying: those things are burned into your brain. I should have been a Hunt fan, being British, but he was a bit too Hooray Henry for me, and anyway I had a much better hero model in Barry Sheene as Cheekie Chappie. But the book I read, was "To Hell and Back". As this is May 1st, let's raise a glass to those who we lost, and those who lived to tell the tale, but who were all brave as hell. 1976 cars: Yes, more please.

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Im scared of the hate that will come once the new UI is released, people are bound to be like " is this it , is this what took a year to make" even if it's brilliant that's sure to be some peoples response .

Im with you S397 and I'm sure the majority will be also but there will definitely be some hate !

Nitrometh, AMillward and jayarrbee36 like this.
  11. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

He you make it wrong, ask SPASKIS and you make it right....

12. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

If you in August 2017 claim that something is close to public beta release... And in May 2018 - 9 months later nothing has happened. In what magical world are you not gonna hear for this? I cant believe anyone is defending that. Its pretty funny to read the RF2 defense brigade at work.

Of course you are going to get critizised for that. These are professionals who does this for a living - not a mod group doing it for free.

There are 2 possibilities for this delay IMO. Either they are not so professional after all. Or they have changed their priorities without telling us in their monthly roadmaps.

I like RF2 and I hope S397 succeed but you must rightly expect some critizism if you mess up things.

13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

constructive criticism is a must no matter how we love rf 2
    cheers all

Guimengo and Louis like this.
  14. Comante

Comante Registered

How can you exclude the third, and most probable explanation?

They found the task greater than expected AND/OR expandend the amount of changes to suit further development or possibilities in the years to come.

15. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

This is the common sense option,but common sense is becoming more and more uncommon

bwana, Steve Olden and F1Aussie like this.
  16. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

See when you critise with points 1&2 then you’re not being constructive,it’s just childish

They have already said that they found more problems and want to flesh them out,but let’s just gloss over that

ebeninca likes this.
  17. stonec

stonec Registered

I doubt the UI is deprioritized on purpose. DLC sales is affected by the UI as well, considering that the UI is the key to make rF2 into an active online competition and esports platform. And once you have that, DLC sales will increase as well, so there is no reason to delay UI over other stuff.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  18. AMillward

AMillward Registered

There's constructive criticism, and there's slagging off because they're not working to your timings.

19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

no matter what anyone's timing is ,shit will happens so the developing might need more time to complete
    so we better think positive and wait till things done.
    we have no other choice but we have other games to spend time while developing is on the way.
    cheers

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Re.UI update
    Think it would have been released a while ago had it maintained its original planned basic form

But then it grew into a major rework
    Something that provides an open platform that could esly except modded Plug-ins etc

All great news for us even with the extra wait , it’s a powerful user win situation, the future is bright my guess is autumn time but that’s a complete guess, rfactor2 users & future users couldn’t be happier

mesfigas likes this.