Latest Roadmap Update - April 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 30, 2018.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I wasn’t really expecting much this roadmap,seeing as the performance improvements were released this month.
    They could have waited to include it in this map,but they didn’t,they got it out to us ASAP
    I’d hate to develop a agame,you can never pls some folks

2. misi

misi Registered

Now, it starts my favorite game: trying to guess what cars we'll see in the upcoming pack!
    so, my try is:
    - Oreca 07
    - Norma M30
    - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
    - Aston Martin Vantage GTE
    - Ford GT

Edit: I forgot to say thank you to Studio397 for your hard work!

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    jayarrbee36 likes this.
  3. sg333

sg333 Registered

I agree with this; I just dont see Porsche or BMW being realistic licences, so these seem the most likely. My next question would be are we getting the old Aston or the new 2018 one

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I didn´t understood how this cars are linked together (class-wise).

5. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I assume you are a developer? UI Developer?

6. misi

misi Registered

I think the new one (2018), since it uses the same Mercedes Benz engine mounted on the road version of AMG GT, that is already a car licensed by s397. I know, I'm a little bit crazy o_O

7. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

That would be my guess too, and I'd be quite happy with that. I'd very much like to have the Ford GT.

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I dont need to be a UI developer to understand that a testing phase of over half a year for an UI is irrealistic in all senses.

Louis, DaREALMastaD and UsedMomo like this.
  9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

honestly having the previous one in the pack would be disappointing, kinda like the Radical in the GT3 pack. The new Aston is sooo badass

10. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Thatswhy it took iRacing alot longer than people expected, even with much higher budget. I think you have a quite simplistic idea of how the UI needs to work. Sure, they could have done some minor tweaking to the old one and please unpatient people, but I guess they just wanted to redesign it from ground up, still offering everything that the old UI did and having alot more possibilities to make easy changes in the future, and offering enough comfort for UI and triple screen users. And as it is a web based UI it also needs to be bullet proof and safe and actually interact with the game and competition infrastructure. I am no doctor, but this doesn't sound like an easy task and if testing shows that there are issues then they need to be solved, even if it takes a year. It has been stated several times that their planning in past roadmaps was too ambitious, but well ... you are not paying for the UI so why so much fuzz :)

11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Automobilista's UI still has some bugs also yes iracing UI was buggy and slow

12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Iracing members were waiting for years,and when it realised it was half functional,that’s why you could use the old ui along side the new,not sure if it’s even working 100% now.

But there’s only one roadmap that matters and that’s spaskis roadmap

And this is why developers tend to keep very quite on things due to the attitudes of people who have no concept of reality

gabrielof, John and ADSTA like this.
  13. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Kartsim :
    - laser scanned track X3
    - Real karts data

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Filip likes this.
  14. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

They put out paid DLC in a hurry, though!

Louis and Christian Wolter like this.
  15. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The rate is to low for me. I want to buy more cars and tracks asap:D

16. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Many years ago, I developed a music tool for the iOS and got the UI to about 80% complete in 3 months. The final 20% took near on 2 years though! The devil is truly in the detail.

17. LokiD

LokiD Registered

i hope you guys aren't expecting Pc2 like content, gfx and presentation?

you may be sorely disappointed.

Look at rf2 for its handling of vehicle dynamics, ffb, ai and tyre model!

18. InvictusDeus

InvictusDeus Registered

Just wanted to say that as a new member and rFactor 2 player, this game got me hooked straight away with its FFB, physics and handling. I love open wheelers and GT3 cars. I've been mostly playing AC for that reason but, i just couldn't get used to that "flat and lifeless" feeling from the FFB and physics. I've been mostly only following rFactor 2, didn't own a copy. Bought it a couple of weeks ago, downloaded all official mods and some unofficial from the Steam workshop and well, i returned it. The reason being, i just didn't like the most mods, felt so... unfinished, not polished enough.
    But, what really got me hooked was that amazing feeling when driving a car. Feeling and hearing the road, bumps, even and uneven surfaces... . I loved that feeling. Nevertheless, the lack of tracks and cars bothered me too much. But, going to sleep the night after returning the game... i couldn't get that great feeling of driving a car (Simtek GT3 AMG mod and Brabham BT20 1966 at the iconic Spa) out of my head. I was like, this game is worth even if there was just those two cars and some tracks in the whole game, just for that awesome FFB physics and handling. So, after i was credited the money back from Steam, i bought the game again. It's been 2 weeks now, haven't played any other sim (well, besides iRacing for online racing of course and i also love the quality of the FFB, physics and tracks/cars).
    Now, with the great ASR F1 2018 and Simtek GT3 mods and some fantastic track mods from internationalsimracing, rFactor 2 has becoming my offline sim. I don't even care if some tracks are ugly or not laser-scanned, just driving that Brabham BT20 around Spa 1966 is pure orgasm. I even believe, that this car and track should be in the demo, pretty sure many would people would feel the same. And tbh, the default demo didn't get me to buy the game, i bought it because i believed this game has much more to offer. Oh, yeah, the new UI is pretty great too.
    So, honestly... , even if nothing else is ever released, i would still be happy with the purchase.
    Peace!

19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

pcars2 ui has some connection with the "steering wheel"
    if i dont center my wheel the ui goes crazy

20. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

You seem to me to be a smart guy, maybe you should apply as a consultant for UI development and show the amateurs of Studio 397 how to do it right .. just a tip from me