Sorry S397 but max is a goose

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by bwana, Jul 30, 2017.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

A smart driver would have done what BOT did with VET on last lap , let him out brake himself into T1 and pulled off the over under , Just proves max isn’t a smart driver just a quick one

David O'Reilly likes this.
  2. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

At the start of the race (maybe 5 laps in) I said to my brother "Just waiting for Verstappen to crash"... Didn't disappoint.

"Wow, there's a car behind me coming up at a rapid rate, better stick my car directly in front so it can magically slow down" - Verstappen logic.

[​IMG]

ADSTA, Louis, F1Aussie and 3 others like this.
  3. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Max made 2 moves. He bought Ricciardo's dummy to the right and covered right. He needed to stick to that decision. To then move left once he had figured it out is just asking for a collision.
    Add to that how he nearly squeezed Daniel into the barriers earlier on in T1 and you have massive riskes being taken.
    I think back to Humgary when Max totally took Ricciardo out and then apologised. Now it's back to business as usual.
    Lack of judgement, lack of patience, lack of respect for his team.
    His move would have been aggressive had it been against another team. Against his own team he needs to be cleaner. His personal desire to beat Daniel is clouding his judgement big time.

I just hope that Redbulls internal position is more fair than their external spin on this one.
    Otherwise they have let Max tear up approx 50m with no rebuke. (One 20th of the annual budget)

Louis, SL1DE, F1Aussie and 1 other person like this.
  4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

This is the thing, Kvyatt was booted for a lot less than this.

Fernando Deutsch, F1Aussie and bwana like this.
  5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Max's move was dirty. He drives as if he was playing Codemasters' F1 where stupid moves have no other consequence.

If nothing is done against him, he will not change his attitude with maybe more serious consequences than two cars out of the race. That's clear for me. He seems too stupid to learn by himself.

atomed, andrea_274, F1Aussie and 2 others like this.
  6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Schumacher was the same. Kept slamming the door making others go off track and they never did anything so he kept on doing it. Reckon if Blundell had smacked him at the 24hr Nords in 1990 he wouldn't have done it again. For reference: Michael had almost taken Blundell out on the Dottinger Hoe straight at 200mph, and it took several mechanics and Jochen Mass to stop MB punching Schumacher's lights out.

They need to make an example of Max, otherwise he'll continue taking people off. Bud Red Bull won't do anything, much like when Seb ignored the 'don't overtake Mark' order.

Fernando Deutsch, F1Aussie and bwana like this.
  7. Porsche962C

Porsche962C Registered

Didn't that happen with Derek Warwick as well? Just after his younger brother had died. Schumy cut across his Jaguar during qualifying, taking his front wheel and nose off. Warwick got out of the car to pursue him before his car had stopped in the pits!

8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I got the names wrong. You're right, it was Warwick.

No idea where Blundell came from...

9. Porsche962C

Porsche962C Registered

Barnet in London wasn't it? LOL. :):):)

10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I've been watching old CART races again...

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It's ridiculous how Mad Max is racing, I mean guy has super license and seems not to know anything about what the driver protocol and the sporting regulations say o_O
    Who is the unlucky driver in Barcelona forced to race head to head against Mad Max and must bite the dust?

31445127_10155722124454615_783743540525006848_n.jpg
    :rolleyes:

bwana, F1Aussie and nonamenow like this.
  12. Louis

Louis Registered

Nowadays i like Max Verstappen driving but also think it is an absurd he is in his 5th f1 season and only have 21 years old.

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

The Goose became World Champion by the way ;)

Ho3n3r, mister dog and SharD like this.
  14. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Nearly, still have another appeal yet....:rolleyes:

15. vava74

vava74 Registered

The appeal is pointless and lets just move on.
    Max did have a hell of a season, but he would have been a more worthy WC if he would have won his first title without driving like he did this year.
    In the end, Max only managed to be a world champion because Hamilton backed off on all 20 to 30 situations of "get out of the way or we both crash" for which the championship will be known forever.
    Heck, without Hamilton pulling out of the way and avoiding contact - very deftly, I must emphasise - Bottas would be the World Champion, as Max and Lewis would have been collecting car parts from walls and gravel pits in the majority of the GPs...

Sim_Player, bears and atomed like this.
  16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The MA-FÍA thing is a shame, they have stolen the title from Hamilton and look, I don't like it at all, I wanted Verstappen to win but not in this way, the MA-FÍA has a regulation that goes up its ass, It applies according to who, this is how it goes to formula 1, a disappointment, before Charlie Whiting now Michael Masi, more of the same some unpresentable:cool:

Flipo and atomed like this.
  17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

......Still; World Champion.......

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

it is still a ignominy

vava74 and atomed like this.
  19. Navigator

Navigator Registered

But: World Champion

20. bears

bears Registered

“Get out of my way or we both crash” pretty much sums up his driving style ha ha… I look forward to the day we get a world champion who is also a decent guy, then again maybe you can’t be a decent guy and be a world champion?

Sim_Player, atomed and juanchioooo like this.