Rfactor 2 Replays are always stuck in slow motion

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by djdel002, Apr 28, 2018.

1. djdel002

djdel002 Registered

Hey guys,

Anyone else experiencing this?
    During racing or practicing everything is fine but when I go to watch a replay the whole thing is slow motion no matter what I do.
    I can speed up with arrow keys for fast forward etc. but instead of going realtime speed with no arrows pushed it just stays slow-mo.

Thanks for any help!
    Derek

mesfigas and Louis like this.
  2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Try to lower or increase the pp setting. It worked with the previous build. Haven't tested it with the newest build.
    The slow mo happened just at karting tracks with normal/ race cars.
    Will test this build asap.

Cheers

tyressin and djdel002 like this.
  3. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Yes I get this too. Not with all cars/tracks but some combos.

Louis likes this.
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Has only happened once for me, on Istanbul last night

5. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Happened for me too, but just the once.

6. djdel002

djdel002 Registered

Interesting guys.
    Wonder what causes this. I will try lowering pp.
    Thanks for the replies!

7. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

what is pp?

my race replays are usually fine, but the little 20sec replay you get when going back to the pits is always in slow mo for me...

8. djdel002

djdel002 Registered

Thanks Nitrometh,
    I already had Post Effects off but I turned down Blur, Shadows and Special effects from High to Medium and it worked!

Derek

Hey Steve,
    I just meant Post Processing which is in the Video Settings when you go into the little gear icon (settings) on the rFactor2 menu before starting the sim.

I already had Post Effects turned to "none" so I turned down Blur, Shadows and Special Effects within the sim and the replay went back to normal speed. I think my PC is just showing it's age with settings too high.

I used to run everything on High but I had to drop to medium which is fine, still looks good.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  9. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I have had the same problem, it seems track specific, it happens every time on the same track no matter which car is used. Lowering graphical settings or the number of AI cars don't seem to make any difference. Also sometimes it starts off at the correct speed and starts to get slower and slower. It seems to affect more tracks since the new 1110 update. I've tried deleting the affected track from the ALL CARS AND TRACKS file, deleting the cbash file and shaders file but with no success. I have looked at the player.json file but didn't see any thing that might be causing it. If you hit ESC so there is no replay left and go to any other car it's running at the correct speed.

10. djdel002

djdel002 Registered

Hey Highlandwalker,

I thought I had it figured but I'm not sure, it seems like the cars aren't going the right speed still. At first I thought I had fixed it on my rig but yeah when I watch replay the cars don't look fast like they were, like not slow motion anymore but still don't seem right.

I remember them looking faster on some of the older builds and really got a sense of speed when watching the cars go by. I know it's only replays and racing in cockpit is most important, but when cool things happen in races I like to watch the replay.

11. Highlandwalker

It's both S397 and modders tracks that seem to be affected. I ran Enduracer P2 cars at Spa 1966 and that ran in slow motion as well. I find it really annoying. RF2 runs really well for me on near highest settings, I always run 30 cars on all tracks and 50 cars on Le Mans 1967, so I don't think it's a system problem. Hope you have better luck sorting it out. Post if you sort it.

12. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

oddly, now I'm in VR my "return to pit" replays are no longer in slo-mo.

13. enduser

enduser Registered

I have this quite often in indycar in various tracks that i have played

btw replays dont work for me in the new patch, either with R key or when going back in garage, also i had hot lap recording on but it doesnt record anything in 1110, does it work for u?

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I believe the default setting for replays was reset to OFF with the new patch. Go to the menus and see if you need to re-enable replays.

15. enduser

enduser Registered

It works after all i thought 20 ec replays are always on why turn that off... :confused: , anyway they just changed the way it works, before i had replays > off , hot lap recording > on (better that way only keeping hot laps / should be a menu option imo) and short replay was there too working fine

tbh it also seems bugged now when off "tape delay" (tape? so vintage :p) increases forever counting and counting...

in general it would be convenient to have the ability to save instant replays, i did an epic opposite lock the other day in monaco massenet with the ASR F641 (1990) without touching the barriers at all lol, i d like to save that one (dont need the whole session obviously or wasting time searching in it)

16. tyressin

tyressin Registered

Switching Post Processing from "Medium" to "Low" in the launcher fixed the slow replays I was getting; at least for now.

17. Highlandwalker

The slow motion problem is track specific, graphical settings make no difference. It seems to happen with certain cars on the track affected. Sebring 12HR for example with max graphical settings replays perfectly with some cars but runs in slow motion with others, the Mak-Corp group-C cars always run in slow motion on this track and certain cars in the endurance pack also, can't recall which ones. Castle Combe is another track affected with this, more cars on this track are affected. Also the replay can start off at the correct speed and just gets slower and slower. Spa 1966 is also affected with certain cars, there are other tracks it happens on as well. This is definitely track related. The Mak-Corp Group-C cars replay perfectly on all other tracks I have run these cars on. It also not system related, I have a high end system which I bought recently and it still happens on the same tracks. I haven't found a consistent solution to this problem. Hope some one finds a solution soon.

18. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Sometimes it happens during a replay after some time for some limited time. Watched several replays in the past where it went slow suddenly, say after 40min, and recovered 5min replay time later to normal speed.

Nitrometh likes this.
  19. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I had the problem with all kart tracks and the skippies.
    Then I changed physx settings in the nvidia control panel from ,,auto“ to ,,cpu“ and the problem was gone. Also I haven't got micro stuttering anymore.

20. Highlandwalker

I have just tested your suggestion of the PhysX setting with Sebring 12Hr and the Mak-Corp Group C cars and replays still runs in slow motion. Graphic setting max out accept for no v/sync with 40 cars, it was running silky smooth at 89 fps all the time. So it seems as though peoples settings to cure this problem seem to be randomly effective and no one setting seems to work. I've tried most suggestions with no real success on any track. I think it is some thing to do with the saving method for the replays with in RF2 and it only shows up on certain tracks.
    I recently changed replay recording method in the player json file to save to memory instead of to hard drive. It saves to hard drive when you exit the race. You need at least 16gb of memory for this to work or you can run out of memory while playing. This setting totally eliminated any stuttering of any kind, it's my permanent setting now. This did not cure the replay problem. Hope my thoughts may be of help to all.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018