Strange AI behaviour after an update

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by headder, Apr 26, 2018.

1. headder

headder Registered

Hello,

After last update, I noticed that AI goes little bit crazy. Is this something to do with an update?

Yesterday I set a race with URD Shiro's, GTE's from Enduracers 2.0 and Simtek GT3's and I noticed that they loose grip on corners, behave agressive or dumb, they go off track and spin at corners like a mad men.

AI was set to 100%

Here's the video, just watch first lap:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Enduracers GTE AI issue is known and in the process of being fixed, I can't comment on the other mods though.

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I followed Peterchen advice in a post relative to this problem, and created from scratch a new player.json (you loose a lot of settings).

To my surprise Enduracers Mod when GTE were lapped by P2 went from unplayable and farcical (GTE changing their line and spinning) to perfectly playable (checked across various tracks, even Matsusaka which is tricky).
    Didn't bother to search which variables where missing in the old player.json.

Cheers.

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Don´t know the car mod, but what you see there above is propably a track-problem.
    I guess they are going too wide at some points and spin out.
    To analyze this further watch different AI cars on a full lap.
    Looks like the Spa AC-rip? And: what´s wrong with your sound?

Lgel: Good to hear that it worked!

5. headder

headder Registered

I have tested multiple tracks, even Matsusaka, which was the first to run after an update, and the AI was just crazy, causing full course yellow all the time.

And yes, that is the rip version unfortunately, however I own Assetto Corsa, so...

PS. Sound? It is something with that URD car, makes a strange noise.

LGEL:
    Good to know that creating the new player.json removed the problems. Gonna to test it out later.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018