Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1110 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Pedro Delgado2

Pedro Delgado2 Registered

Dude, I race in rF the same time as you... I buy the rF2 on the day of the release from ISI, I saw how bad was and guess what, you don't find a post of mine with any complains, back in that time I don't had the system that a bought now. I put all the graphics on Low and start playing :)

Since the S397 take over they release the DX11 and I had tons of stutter in the highest graphics and I had already bought the new PC. Try to find any post of mine complain. I let the guys work and now they release a build that solve all my problems. So stop complain a little, send the report for the devs, try to put down a few graphics, specially shadows, AA and special effects and go play with some car.

Tell me about passion....

Nitrometh likes this.
  2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Nice but rather cheap attempt to switch from AC or Cars 2 to F1 2017. That was never at issue here.
    The fact is, that other simulations, and I don't count F1 2017 among them, represent partial aspects of a simulation more extensively than rFactor2 and even simulate things that are not taken into account in rFactor2, so that it is absolutely not justified to grant only rFactor2 the title simulation.

Everything else can be dismissed as personal feeling, with the question of who are you already to judge whether this is better than that if there are enough voices that judge it exactly the other way around.

McKiernan, Filip and peterchen like this.
  3. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

Lol man, I was playing rf on aax1 and low settings just to have lowest input lag, but now I cant since stuttering, u completely don't understand what I am complaining at.

Just recently tried adaptive sync and found it quite good, so could lets say make better some settings

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Latest update now
    Avg 89.9, Min 89, Max 91 after 10 laps of Mill Loop C in Formula ISI 2012
    Alt Tab is the key !!!!
    I figured out that i had Oculus Home 2.0 Beta enabled , as soon as i opted out my Win 10 Display options went from having 2 screens to showing nothing , just the way i remember it being in all other VR title .
    Now i was getting very close to 90 Avg but was still not smooth so i tried Alt Tab and Presto ! solid smooth 89.9 - 91 with 200% SS in Steam , AA x 4 and all on Full except for reflections and particles .

All those having stutters try Alt Tab and for VR users with stutters , have a look and see if you have opted into Oculus Home Beta 2.0 and opt out if so .

But come on check out my FPS ! Avg 89.9, Min 89 ,Max 91 after 10 laps !
    Well done S397 !

On the weekend im going to turn HMD and Monitor (instead of just HMD) on a see if i can capture some gameplay !
    Need sleep now .

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

lol , i was driving the Formula ISI 2012 around LimeRock and getting some pretty crazy air over the crest around back of the circuit , seemed a bit off to me considering this thing has pretty huge downforce and you can really carry some speed over it so should be stuck to the ground .

6. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Alone on track or behind 20 other cars 90fps?

7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Project cars 2 feels very arcade even with their super advanced track model or environment or super duper arcadish behavior model
    its the best arcade simulator
    Assetto is by far better than pcars 2 but always something wrong with braking and throttling
    just something doesn't feels real
    anyway i suggest ppl who have stuttering use only the official content and report their problems
    3rd party content isn't reliable yet until they ll be up to date

patchedupdemon likes this.
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Qualifying but with 19 Ai and me and 20 cars visible .
    As i said i did 10 laps and there was cars around me quite a lot .

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Who cares about other titles , were here to discuss the latest build of rF2 !

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I used to run on the gtx 770 with a lesser could. You can have texture and detail on full, special effects on low, and other settings tuned very high. But your AF should be 4 or 8, 16 is greedy for that card.

11. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Thanks gui, I actually did run with x8 and even x2 it does not solve my problem. x16 has always seemed fine in fact, perhaps because my settings are quite low in general. I have tried all the obvious things.

12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

The elevation of that part of the track is wrong,plus if we go by what you say downforce should do,we wouldn’t see f1 cars getting air when traveling high speed over curbs,when they make mistakes.

13. Depco

Depco Registered

For VR users especially Oculus Rift users, it is important that you not have Oculus home running in the background. All you need to do is fire up steam and then steam VR to run rfactor2 in VR. Having Oculus home running in the background seems to significantly decrease smoothness and frames per second. At least for me.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Pic below is 1080Ti with triples. Busload is round 22%, GPU load is 99% and FPS 122-147.
    However there seem to be problem when single-screen is used. Buss load is 35-45% and GPU usages is pending from 75 to 95%. I tested also with DVI-and display port cable just to make sure that it is not port issue. I hope that S397 is aware of this issue.
    1080ti.jpg

F1Aussie, Daytona 675 and peterchen like this.
  15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I don't think we were ever able to recreate micro stutters. I remember when I had it, and when a few builds later it went away. Then one or a couple of people in our league would experience it.

I'm fortunate my game was decently smooth, now extremely smooth with a parts upgrade. But the reflections are lacking and the atmosphere can still do with a little touching up (though it's improved over 2016).

mesfigas likes this.
  16. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yep disc glow seems to be broken. Hopefully it will be fixed with an update.

Bozak likes this.
  17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I found it hogs a lot of RAM so only having 8gb I always run RF2 without it now, so that could be a reason why smoothness is affected perhaps.

18. Emery

Emery Registered

Got around to testing night racing. For myself, it runs about 2/3rds of daytime fps. Which means there's not much point for testing night with rain...

Daytona 675 likes this.
  19. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

The sim don't look bad at all, I agree.
    I have an i5-6600, GTX1060 6GB and 16GB of DDR4 ram running at 2133.
    How can you run the sim with everything in ultra without problems? How many FPS? Sesion settings? Resolution?

With these settings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At the start from the back of the grid, FPS fluctuate around 45, as the session progresses and the group stretches they improve (logically) and by changing the weather to sunny the FPS improve a lot.
    Even though the FPS fluctuate the experience is smooth, very smooth, good work S397. But the rain takes a lot of hit on FPS.

GTX1060 is a medium graphic card not high end.
    i5-7400 is much better than my i5-6600?
    Something does not fit, do you test only on sunny or overcast?

[​IMG]

20. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

See your first screen shot,it’s says auto for gpu,click it and select your 1060,I have lower performance if I leave it set to auto
    Be interesting to see if you have better performance also with your gpu selected

Daytona 675 likes this.