HOW TO: Hosting with SteamCMD and Paid Content

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 1, 2017.

1. caterkiller

caterkiller Registered

@Christopher Elliott is there a simple way with Steamcmd to download and update all the GT3 pack at once ?
    If you dont have a good connection it can take hours to upload on the server from our DSL lines...

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

is there a simple step by step guide to installing paid content for use in a server ? what I've found so far might as well be in gujarati

3. lagg

lagg Registered

The first post of this thread is a step by step guide (as simple as possible). But you need to know before, how to setup a server with free content.

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Thanks for responses

Didn’t work for me
    But I think I’ve worled out a way to do it & will try later

Knew all this would be a complete headache but hopefully only needs to be done once )-:

5. lagg

lagg Registered

Is it working with free content?

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

No
    So much time wasted yesterday
    I don’t want to even go in my PC room today , even thought about re-subbing to Iracing then zero hassle

Hoping to try & get to the next stage maybe tomorrow , I thought last night of something I may have done wrong , I’m thinking if I can get it all done it only has to be done once then it will always work

Big thanks for your concern

lagg likes this.
  7. Racki

Racki Registered

@Christopher Elliott Could you help me out please?

I installed the GT3 Package, made a mod with it, which is also installed... but the dedicated server config cannot find the cars.

What could be wrong here?
    2018-06-25 21_00_51-wz-nuc.cr.local - Remotedesktopverbindung.png

Thanks a lot!

8. lagg

lagg Registered

Have you done what says the first post?

9. Racki

Racki Registered

I guess so.... at least I've generated and copied the ServerUnlock file... the mod manager window title also says 'Keys loaded' as you can see on the screenshot.

However there has to be a mistake somewhere... :rolleyes:

10. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Do you have the same Steam account logged in the client on that PC?

11. dylbie

dylbie Registered

@nickbalti Are these the same issues you were talking to me about last night?

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I keep putting off getting back to sort this for myself

13. Racki

Racki Registered

I changed the download user in steamcmd to the same user as I used on the gaming PC. Cmd said that nothing was updated.
    The workshop downloads already had this user. Then I deleted the serverunlock file and recreated it.
    Suddenly it works. However I cannot say what the problem exactly was. Thanks anyway :)

14. Racki

Racki Registered

Just want to give you a short update:
    Even if you do all your Downloads with SteamCmd it depends on which user is signed in in the Steam App itself.

The DLCs are not not available if you are not signed in with the user who bought the DLC.

15. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Hi Racki,
    Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by "The DLCs are not not available if you are not signed in with the user who bought the DLC" ?
    serverkey.bin copied to dedi server as mentioned in first post and following the guide form the beginning, .
    I would like to set up an already well working dedi server with the S397 GT3 mod (already running Simtek GT3 without a problem).
    I do not see "mod manager window title says 'Keys loaded'" anywhere.
    Steps done :
    - Close your server and go to ....\MyServer\UserData
    - Grab the file ServerKeys.bin
    - Download ServerKeys.bin to your local PC where you have a Steam install that owns the paid content.
    - Place the file ServerKeys.bin in \Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData
    - Open 'Single Player' once and close.
    Go back to \Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData and grab the file that has just been generated ServerUnlock.bin
    - Upload the file ServerUnlock.bin to your server and place it in ....\MyServer\UserData
    Update :
    Searched the client and found the GT3 Pack rcmp files, copied them to the dedi-server Packages folder and can see them in the dedi server Mod Manager but they will not install (I have validated and updated the dedi but no change):
    I see these files in the Mod Manager :
    Bentley_Continental_GT3_2017_v1.96
    Callaway_Corvette_GT3_2017_v1.96
    McLaren_650S_GT3_2017_v1.992
    Mercedes_AMG_GT3_2017_v1.98
    Radical_RXC_GT3_2017_v1.996
    Can anyone help ?
    SOLVED, maybe a comprehensive Sticky would be of help for those who would like to use this ?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  16. Racki

Racki Registered

I just had the issue that steamcmd downloaded old versions of the paid content but not the newest updates.

The cmd window had the output:
    \src\common\contentmanifest.cpp (650) : Assertion Failed: !m_bIsFinalized

I could solve that issue by deleting the file appworkshop_365960.acf inside the folder C:\Steam\steamapps\workshop

Maybe this is helping someone :)

17. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

Would be amazing if an admin edited the original post/guide. Just spent a good couple of hours trying to add my paid content into a remote server (steamcmd). As somebody pointed out, when you browse steam no ID appears in the URL so it's not possible to download the GT3 via steamcmd as other workshop content.

At the end I copied the files inside \Installed\Vehicles into my server's \Installed\Vehicles, refreshed Mod mngr and the cars where there. Finally was able to create a new mod with MAS and paid content. Only if the guide said it somehow.

EDIT: Actually even if I managed to create the mod with MAS, when I launch the server the available vehicles list is empty. And I've selected only the updated version as mentioned in the first post of the thread. Very disappointing. :(

EDIT2: The empty vehicle list was due to the server unlock file not being correctly generated. I created it again and my vehicles were visible. And after changing the ports from what the guide says, I was even able to join my own dedicated server!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  18. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

This is a pain! How do i get all normal content into the server ? Do i have to to download everything again with this workshop ID's ?
    After that i try paid content. Really, where is a complete document ? Not here something and there something - i want a manual about this stuff. But i am old ...

19. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

what does that mean plz ?
    \src\common\contentmanifest.cpp (650) : Assertion Failed: !m_bIsFinalized

ok, this is no fun at all, after 4h i do have errors, nothing else. Normally i am paid for stuff like this.
    Oh, i have a running dedicated, which throws " error ... no mod specified ... ++oneclick ..." and then starts with my mod.

WTH is +oneclick ? what is an rfcmp, manifest etc pp ? Where do i find dokus about that ?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Give in now

Whilst you still have your life ahead of you