[REL] Endurance Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, May 8, 2015.

1. Pales

Pales Registered

Whilst the update is impressive, the GTE’s are having A LOT of trouble. The AI are sliding everywhere, it’s virtually impossible to race them at the moment. I’ve also found that they’re constantly losing balance when it comes to blue flags and spinning out. Please can you review the AI for GTE’s?

2. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

FFB in the GTE cars does seem lighter than before. I didn't have the time to put in some serious test time, but on old builds, I needed FFB Mult of .94 to prevent clipping with my G27. Ran the same and steering felt numb. But like I said, I didn't have a chance to dial it in.

3. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I used to hate the old Flat 6 mod and this, but after the updates i started to love both. Great job, cars looks and feels amazing.
    Next step to make it perfect IMO, improve the onboard sound of the LMP3:

The sound is not so different than a Corvette, so the base should be already here.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  4. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

For what I saw yesterday they were identical: spring rates, slow bump, fast bump, anti-roll bar, caster, steering degrees, wings. Like everything or almost everything o_O
    I never saw this in real life or in any other sim, to be honest. I'd imagine that balancing the performance of the cars is different from literally giving the same setup to all of them, because, you know, what works for the C7R could not (and perhaps should not) work for the Porsche. To me this seems to go completely opposite from how it should be.
    I'd also assume that any sort of BoP should be done either in 'power output' (as in giving it a bigger fuel restrictor or less turbo pressure) or some aero changes like a faster car riding higher which would result in the rear diffuser being less effective, for example - and that suspension adjustments would be made to optimize grip and weight transfer for each specific car BEFORE all the BoP.

I just can't see the cars being balanced with literally the same setup. This, to me, is why they felt so weird - and quite slow too. My lap times are not far from RL GT3, for example, being somewhat consistent: 1:58:5 on Silverstone with the AMG, C7R, and Bentley, all with a few setup changes made by me. But with the GTE's I'm not able to go down more than 2:02 for some reason, no matter the setup changes I try. They feel a bit less powerful than they should be, and too oversteery even if I try my best to make them understeer.
    The RL cars did ~1:57:5 last year IIRC.

About the tires: I don't know if they modeled the changes from tires in 2015 to 2016. I believe the cars are all the same and the year displayed is related to the livery only.

Cheers.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Many thanks for the continued hard work with this superb mod, unfortunately like others have mentioned the AI in the GTE cars (not raced the others yet) isn't up to old EnduRacers standards. Whether the S397 AI update in the recent build has affected them it's hard to say but they're spinning out (losing the backend more often than not) far too often, I hope a fix can be released at some point as they currently are un-useable.

6. Flaux

Flaux Registered

So you never drove this mod in the last 10 years? Because it is like that since forever. ;-)

And this is the last major release soooo... better live with it. :)

7. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

No I haven't :p Not seriously, that is.

8. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

It was not the case when I tested on Monday this week with the GT IA, so we are checking what causing that. It's sad to have it after the release, but it's life.

The Iron Wolf, Mulero and MarcG like this.
  9. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

Yeah no worries, it's kind of funny for now although not very practical and I'm sure a team like yours should come up with a solution pretty soon.

The update is great! Many thanks to the full team!

10. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

11. datasting

datasting Registered

graphic bug on the Flat6RSR

All grafic setting on ultra, inkl pp effects
    GRAB_017.JPG

12. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

This is not a Mod based bug!
    I had this happen a while ago. First noticed it with the S987 GT3 Mclaren.

It was the Graphics card update that caused it. I went back to a earlier driver and it went away.
    The card driver has been updated a few times sins but this particular issue hasn't shown up. The issue I'm having now is a slight frame freeze type thing. It's a constant that you could set your watch by. It's very quick and doesn't really bother me to much but in saying that I could do without it. This is still there now even after the performance update from S987.

I'd suggest you look at going back a driver or two and see what happens.
    By the way, Not the only person here that had this issue if you search it out.

13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i didnt like any of your previous version of this mod or flat 6 mod
    B U T
    this one is good :)
    please do something with your AI cause i think its too fast
    anyone has issues with unreal fast AI ?

14. klo-che

klo-che Registered

Thank you for the feedbacks about the AI. This is something we will look into for the next build, together with the JSP3 onboard sounds, we do agree with you, these were choices made that we know can be improved.

15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I have followed Peterchen's advice in https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/gt3-pack-ai-crashes.59826/
    Creating a new Player.json seems to improve the AI behavior of GTE cars.
    It is true that in S397 change log of this new version, changes have been made to AI
    "Fixed an issue with the AI throttle and brake application, which would cause poor accelleration at very low AI strengths."

Cheers.

16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

How do the Enduracers mods compare in terms of AI performance to say the Apex ones? I'd like to run a few SLS AMGs and Maccas in with this one and didn't know if they would be OP compared to ERacers and vice versa.

17. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

Don't know how it is in these mods, but realistically the gte cars should be quite a bit faster.

18. AMillward

AMillward Registered

It's the only thing that I would wish there was more of and that's cars. But then, you've got so many LMP2s it kind of offsets it and this is the only GT3 mod to not have the McLaren I think.

But these are GTEs rather than GT3s, so one will be faster on the straights and one faster in the corners.

Oh well, more classes!

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Please for next update check the particles inside cockpit, S397 cars still get them into there sometimes but much less than in your mod (looks same as before they released the fix for this), that makes a working windshield a bit useless =/

20. Pales

Pales Registered

Respectfully, the Endurance Series AI before your large update was very good. Since your latest release, it is just the GTE which are disrupting the races and are a lot more slower. I think that thread is unrelated unless it's from the recent build update, which is also impacting your AI too?

Either way, thank you for continued support and I hope you guys look into this soon! :))