Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1110 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Well, why use HUD then, just count the gear, listen the car, why have gaps, just see if you're in front everybody else... :D

sman and Prodigy like this.
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Just reporting back about my lose of focus , stutter i was asking for help with .....

well it seems i have it solved , long story short , i went into Windows Display options when i had my HMD and Steam VR on and found that 2 was blue and that is my TV and my Rift is 1 so i clicked 1 and made it blue and now everything is working as it should !!!
    Whodathought ! lol not me , well till tonight :)
    I'm not sure why rF2 does not sort this out by itself as any other game or Sim just puts the correct display on top !

Man oh man what have i been missing for the last 4 months ! This is why i have soo many hours in rF2 compared to all other Sims !

On the performance side im getting a perfectly smooth VR experience with all but a couple of options on Full . AA x4 and PP Off with Steam SS on its default which is 200% .
    I have 19 Ai around Sao Paulo with what seems like any car (tested 2012 ISI F! , 1975 Tyrrell , Eve and spark , NSX and ZR1 (sad these have not been updated) and Enduracers RSR .
    Fuching LOVIT !

I did try rain with rain drops Off but FPS completely tanked to 0 ZERO , so thats a no go .

I don't have any money ATM ( just bought this 7700k ) but soon will buy some DLC but which one should i buy to show support ?

pkelly, JimmyT, bwana and 5 others like this.
  3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Delta best is a distraction for me. Spend too much time looking at it thinking "It's got to be faster every lap" and end up driving too hard.

All I need is tyre temp and fuel really. So maybe if someone or 397 could do a minimalist HUD that just has those things for people that prefer that kind of thing.

The amount of people running DX9 that had the official HUD then about 400 track map widgets was unreal sometimes.

bwana, kimbo, Sherwin92 and 3 others like this.
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Or give us an option to move and remove as we need !

John, McKiernan and bwana like this.
  5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I don’t use any HUD’s or anything

But I find the delta bar useful
    Is there anyway to have the delta bar only with nothing else ?

( delta bar is the red/green bar that shows loss/gain during the lap )

patchedupdemon likes this.
  6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

When I'm making videos and racing 'on camera' I will have things like the standings, pedal trace and stuff like that but that's for the audience rather than me.

But if you took the tyre wear indicator, made it maybe half the size and had the fuel above it, that'd be all I'd need in all honesty. But I can see WHY people use them, because after setting things up in terms of FOV and such you can't see them, especially in my case as while the gear can be seen, my wheel gets in the way.

7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Glad you worked it out

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

9. patchedupdemon

This is what we need,so people can tailor it to their liking.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  10. patchedupdemon

Delta best I only use in practice to see which lines are best suited for certain corners.
    And the deficit box I only need while I’m exiting the pits after putting during a race,it’s the only help I like due to it enabling safe pit exits,nothing worst than taking someone out exiting the pits because you can’t tell who’s on pit road or on track entering turn one.
    Or being take by someone doing that,also when exiting the pits people need to know if the drivers approaching you are on the same lap as you,no point fighting the corner if your a being lapped by the leader

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  12. Emery

Emery Registered

There's a key to toggle the HUD on/off... long ago I mapped a button to do that, so can't tell you the default key.

13. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

The new HUD is looking good, clean, modern - BUT, it has also have some flaws in functionality.

There MUST be at least one more variant of this HUD with RPM dial on the side of the screen.
    There are people, myself included, with a wheel base really close in front of the monitor and now you can't see that center RPM dial, I can see just a small piece of it. Also the "cars position bar" you can't see at all. So basically these 2 things are pretty much useless for me. And I can't just turn it off because then you lose the delta bar and other information around the mirror.

I also don't understand why are all the previous official HUDs deleted if there was no side RPM dial version of this new HUD.
    I mean, we have a guy like @Slow Motion who created like 20 or even more HUDs with all kind of variations, it shouldn't be that hard to have more official HUD variants, like we had different official HUDs before this update. I understand that you can't please everybody, but side RPM / Speed dial is a must. Every racing game have it..

Second, Delta Bar is nice, but it is a bit counter-intuitive, it should be the other way around. When you are falling behind and losing delta, the bar should fall back, and when you are gaining delta, the bar should go forward. Pretty much all other games have it that way - like iRacing, Assetto Corsa, etc. for example:

AC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    iRacing
    [​IMG]
    Automobilista
    [​IMG]

There was really no need to experiment and change something small and simple like this Delta bar.

Lastly, like few people pointed before, RPM dial looks nice and clean, but maybe too much clean. Red zone should be there and I even wouldn't mind some RPM numbers. Why? Because you want to change the gears at certain RPM level when the car has most torque, and this is not always the max engine RPM. So you need to know the at what point to change the gear. If there is no red zone or some other RPM number indicator, you are gonna missing best shift points. And sometimes is hard to rely just on the sound.

hardtohandle and Adrianstealth like this.
  14. Bluesbarron

Bluesbarron Registered

I have no idea how to update, still shows version Build 1108, help!

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

on steam , right click on your rfactor2 & select properties, then make sure ( find it in the pop up box ) "opt out of beta" then close down steam & restart steam, you should see rfactor2 updating

16. Bluesbarron

Bluesbarron Registered

Thanks much will....try!

17. Bluesbarron

Bluesbarron Registered

Updating! Thanks so much...this "old dude" is very grateful!

bwana and Seven Smiles like this.
  18. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

prerendered frame to 1 increases fps considerably with this build for me. especially with AI cars in sight.

9 AI @ nolan with ISI Cobra Street (practice)

everything maxed out ~150fps (slight stutters)
    everything else maxed out but pp low ~200 fps (very few minor stutters)

i5 3570K @ 4.2
    16G Ram 1600MHz cl9
    1070 MSI Gaming X

Over all, very impressive update, those slight stutters i can get rid of by lowering shadows and road reflections, but future looks very promising with this kind of performance. if S397 can get rid of those little stutters with max shadows and ultra road reflections, there will be no match in performance/quality.
    still i wonder why that prerendered frames set to 1 helps with AI cars in sight? it does help overall performance too but the ai's wont drop fps allmost at all when this setting is applied. i know that setting prerendered frames to 1 moves workload from cpu to gpu, but could that be all thats causing this?

Could someone try this out too and report?

peterchen likes this.
  19. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Thanks for the update. I think the new HUD is good. Everything essential is displayed. Unfortunately, the tachometer is in need of improvement. It lacks the red light when reaching the speed limit! That's important because you can see it so well out of the corner of your eye. As it is now, it is rather a step backwards to the old version. Please correct.
    Some mod (Endurance-Flat6) replaces the default hood camera with a modest interior view. Please rFactor2 prevents that, leave the cam views as they are given. Hood cockpit front and so it is good.

20. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Yes because somewhere the seat starts and going further back would mean u only see the back of your racing seat. So...thats why there are limits...

bwana likes this.