Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1110 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Just setup the rain to hit the track later in the race. Sometimes the info of rain from the beginning doesn't get fully recognized by the game and then the AI start on the wrong compound... At least that's what I have seen before... It might even help to have the track wet in the session before. Imagine you have the track dry in the last session before the race and then the software gets told it rains at the start of the race. There are possibilities that the AI can't translate the information like they should.... track is dry, rain pours down...track is wet in an instance and the ai has allready decided to start on dry compounds...

Just my 2 cents...

Emery and Mibrandt like this.
  2. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Set shadows to max and it will look like you want it to look. The shadow settings in rf2 define how far away mip maps get used. The higher the setting, the better the image quality of shadows. Has nothing to do with AF and AA sadly. At least that is how I understand it.

3. Rikki

Rikki Registered

Unfortunately I already had shadows to max. So that is not the solution for me. Shadows blur on quality. Everything else on max, ultra, etc.

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

As I mentioned earlier, the shadow problem is a result of how the track was built.
    I even tried with shadows on max 10 minutes ago and the issue is still there.

5. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hmm...then I can't help any further. Up to S397 then, I guess.

6. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

Wrong colors in UI never will be repaired :) New HUD is complete disappointment. Tach is useless(not showing red zone in rpm) and too small, map had too big car markers and become unreadable. Is that HUD took almost half of year development?

Damage indicator seems to remain broken. Shows damage that newer happen with damage multiplier less than 100%

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    Guimengo likes this.
  7. Rikki

Rikki Registered

Because you mentioned mip-maps I remembered some settings in the player.json. You can enable/disable mip and you can adjust the sharpness of the mip-map levels. Tried them all but unfortunately that did not give me the wanted result, did not change much if anything on the shadows of the fences.

So I guess you're right: it's up to S397 now. Would be nice if they can respond with either a suggestion how to fix this or an acknoledgement that this is known issue and they are looking in to it.

8. Capeta

Capeta Registered

I can't agree more, this is insane. It's like they let a designer that never played the game took over that project and put it without looking at it in the soft.
    How can you make a tach without red zone ? In a race car simulation ?

The new HUD is making me think of that FE HUD they put sometimes in race, that look futuristic, but that doesn't help for a cent.
    And to be fair, that make me wonder if the same guys worked on the new UI... :D

peterchen and Prodigy like this.
  9. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

To me , it seems that are simply testing the HUD on us to see if performance wide is fine to then release a final version which it will look different

10. Miguel Santiago Carou

Miguel Santiago Carou Registered

I've run the SteamCMD command several times already on our dedicated server, but it keeps saying it's already up to date. Then when I start the server it still displays the old version 109. Any other ideas?

11. bwana

bwana Registered

guessing those complaining about rev limit on tacho are bonnet drivers ? I'm trying to find a way to get rid of the bloody thing

Nitrometh, sharjeelr, Nimugp and 2 others like this.
  12. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Speaking of shadows, a few pages back I mentioned how drastically different my shadow draw distance is in 1110. In 1110, I'm seeing them appear about 6 cars lengths ahead, instead of 200-300m away. This is Suzuka at 4pm in build 1109 and then 1110 without any graphical settings changing between the two.

1109:
    1110:
    How do I return to the 200-300m draw distance? Having shadows appear directly in front of me is very distracting.

13. Konstantin

Konstantin Registered

Yeah! The new beta version leaves much to be desired. Beside the already mentioned problems on the forum, there were short-term freezes the image.

14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Atone having replay issues when hitting escape? I just get an empty garage and can't rewind to capture footage.

15. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Never mind. Had t got replays turned on.

16. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

Not always. If you have a "correct" FOV, depending on monitor size and placement, the actual in-car dash may not be completely visible. I've grown quite fond of the HUD in AMS, just as a comparison. Useful, but not a distraction.

I know we try to be as "BECAUSE SIMULATOR" as possible, but there are some compromises that come into play if you don't have the luxury of triple screen or VR. Needing a HUD sometimes is one of them.

Filip likes this.
  17. For most part I really enjoyed the new update, good work. The preformance is more stable and I believe I get more fps in my Lenovo MR headset.

Still there is issues with it.
    The new hud is quite nice, I like the more barebone look and it is clearer than before. But chat window is still low down to the left, out of view but still enough to break concentration as a quick glance means physical movement.
    Info window is way down to the right corner giving the very same issues.
    I really like the best and previous lap times, fuel consumption per lap.. But it's all down in my lap. With different mods it is sometimes difficult to even read the data below.
    Position, delta and something else is way up making me feel I am trying to peak into a window which I cannot really reach.

I could probably make it better myself but really, the way it is done is in no way userfriendly. Please make a proper, easy to use hud editor where we can choose the elements we want, put it where we want it and easy enough so changes can be done on the fly as a particular placing that works in one car doesn't necessarily mean it works in another.

18. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Nope, cockpit.
    Try again.

peterchen and Filip like this.
  19. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Do people actually look at the Rev counter to change gears,just listen to your engine,or if that’s too much just go auto lol

Less Is definitely more imho,just give me a delta best box,and a box showing the time deficits 3 in front and behind.

Track map,and anything else is just clutter and a nannying hand

bwana, Sherwin92 and Adrianstealth like this.
  20. Filip

Filip Registered

I completely agree with this.
    In some cars I see only top of the virtual wheel.
    Thats why I don't understand why is there a limit for backseat adjustment. Is there any technical reason for not being able to move the seat more back? I can't think of any. This is one of those frustrating little details that worsens the experience for no reason imo. It could be solved easily.