Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1110 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 20, 2018.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Please HELP !!!

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

2ndLastJedi, did you try different window options in launcher graphics config - windowed, borderless, fullscreen?

3. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Registered

Offical S397 cars, GT3 are still performance hogs, enduracers mod for example runs smoothly on my pc with large fields....official content...doesnt!! :/ dont get it....

mesfigas likes this.
  4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Reading the posts seems like a darn good update mostly all round ,

Never been a better time to be involved in rfactor2 !

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The user @W Lukas have a similar issue (stuttering etc).

I can not give more details for the moment, but I also have stuttering.

I have since the beginning of the beta dx11 (1 year and a half ...).

The solution was to display the FPS counter (ctrl + F).
    I have the impression that this solution no longer works properly.

Since the beginning of DX11, I collect the problems. I'm just a little fed up ...

W Lukas likes this.
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I have and am ! I thought Windowed would fix it but none seem to make a difference !
    It suck because now i found this little annoying workaround i have set Steam SS to 200% and maxed out rF2 with AA x5 but left PP Off for now and getting smooth 90FPS with 80 odd % GPU and 25ish CPU .
    Why is it doing this stutter losing focus thing ?

7. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

No apparent improvement in my VR equipment, unfortunately.

I7 3770, 16Gb Ram, SSD Corsair 480 Gb, GTX 1080, Oculus Rift

8. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

OK, I've now tested VR and despite 2D having a 15-20% performance increase, VR is running 30% slower! Very peculiar.

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

@Marcel Offermans was here about 1/2 and hour ago but didnt really have much to contribute :(

10. Filip

Filip Registered

Significant performance improvement here. I went from previous low mid gfx settings to high settings now.
    Biggest gain is no more stuttering. Even on same fps gameplay is smoother than before.
    And finally able to set proper antialiasing.
    Well done S397!

Btw going from low to full circuit detail Sao Paulo is like a new track. Lot of new buildings, trees and spectators.
    I have to relearn the track

Bad part: GT3 in rain are still having terrible performance. 2x - 3x lower fps!

11. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Correct, I'm enjoying my weekend and after reading about your problem, I do not immediately have an idea what's going on. There is something out of the ordinary going on on your system and from what you've discovered it seems to have to do something with focus. Can you post your exact video settings, and maybe also your player.json and multiplayer.json so we can all take a look to see if there's anything in there that should be set differently?

Dookie, deceda, JimmyT and 6 others like this.
  12. Emery

Emery Registered

New Tips for Tuning Graphics Performance

Throw out your old ideas about tuning rF2 for fps performance. This is a totally different graphics engine from what we've been used to. Rather than starting with Ultra post processing, start with it turned off and work your way up because post processing level is now the single most important factor affecting fps. Also remember that the cockpit camera only displays Medium post processing as the higher levels are for camera effects.

On my triple screens powered by a GTX 1080, I found that starting with a large field (10-15), of S397 GT3 AI at Silverstone is a solid starting point. Set the weather to fully overcast. Go into Options and max out the graphics settings because they almost no longer matter. Start a race session and hit Ctrl-F to see the fps counter, then let the AI drive the car for a lap so you can watch the fps counter. Don't worry about the max or avg fps, watch the min. The worst min will occur at the hairpin on the first lap... once you've noted that, then you can pay attention to the avg fps counter which is the average over the last second or two (it is NOT the average since the time you started the counter). On the second lap at the hairpin, the avg fps will be well above the min.

The goal is to pick a post processing level that meets your target fps, either as a min or as the avg at the hairpin on the 2nd lap. You can then fine-tune fps performance with the AA level. There's very, very little to be gained by turning down the graphics settings in Options.

The main thing to remember is that everybody has different tolerances and different priorities for their fps performance.

So on my system, I'm very comfortable with Low post processing and Level 4 AA (of 5 possible). Even a small field of S397 GT3 cars was just a tad too heavy on fps at Medium post processing regardless of graphic settings unless I turned AA down to ugly levels. Other cars are less problematic and might be feasible at Medium post processing, but in the interest of less fiddling & more racing, I'll stick to Low for now.

It used to be that I'd turn down shadows and opponent detail to gain a few fps. Found that only makes things uglier at roughly the same fps with the optimizations!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Churrinche, Jack7793, John and 7 others like this.
  13. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I notice that some of the people who are having problems with stuttering etc have both VR and a i7 cpu.
    Now I don't have either VR or a i7 but I remember reading of gaming issues with them, not just with rF2.
    With the i7, I believe they have Hyperthreading ability. Have you tried to change it in Bios to the opposite it is set now, on or off.
    With the VR I've heard their cables can be the cause and changing them could help.

Just thinking out loud here.... :cool:

JimmyT likes this.
  14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

CPU Core Parking should let you disable HT without needing to go into bios

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thanks and i hope you are enjoying your weekend and a well deserved beverage !
    I will try and find those files and post them ASAP , are the graphics settings in a file also or just type tem in ?

JimmyT likes this.
  16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Hey Bwana, how is it possible that you get such great fps? Have an i7 4770k at 4.2, 16gb ram and a GTX 1080ti and tonight I ran a couple of races with 25 AI and even though I lock my fps at 90 I had lots of times with fps in the 50s and 60s, especially at race start. Admittedly I was using mod cars and mod tracks but I could not imagine they would kill my fps by about half compared to you, I was starting mid grid too.

17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I'm trying to upload Player Jsn but get this error :
    The following error occurred:
    The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

Was thinking to copy and paste it here ..but its huge and will take up too much room !

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Can I ask what tool you are you using for random weather?

19. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Very useful post - thx alot. I read somewhere that low PP is even better looking than high... confirmed by several users iirc. Looking forward to trying the build later on tonight.

mesfigas likes this.
  20. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

You'll have to zip or 7z it.
    Just right click the file , Send to, zipped folder

2ndLastJedi likes this.