Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1110 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 20, 2018.

1. elcoco

elcoco Registered

Roadmap/input
    Inputs
    • Changed the way in which we combine primary and alternate inputs for the throttle, brake and steering to end up with more consistent behaviour for both.

mesfigas likes this.
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Really excited to give this a crack this Arvo, thanks for your hard work ! It sounds awesome.

3. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Initial test of Silverstone and FR3.5 2014, 1920x1200@60Hz, i7 940 and R9 280X; prior fps was around 75 to 90, fps on new build is 120-140 with an additional tweak to show Full/Max on opponent car detail that had almost no impact. No issues with shadows and no other graphical artifacts.

For those saying the physics may have improved, it hasn't (runs at static 400Hz) but what you are likely feeling is that with the fps that much higher and more consistent, you have better control.

Only issue I am having is with opponent volume which doesn't quite seem to be having the desired effect.

Going to go and try the GT3s now and a few more tracks, but so far I can say I am extremely pleased with what I am seeing. Well done S397. Here's hoping everyone else is seeing good gains and especially those in VR/triples.

4. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Is the latest build ID number 2706394 ?

5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

which means ....?????? physics don't change but we have feeling on the steering wheel ?????
    i just notice a small difference on my steering wheel but cant really tell what is it cause i have no clue what is it

6. Frankalexandre

Frankalexandre Registered

After the patch CPU usage is much more balanced betwen cores 1 and 2 (8700k). Very good for VR performance.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  7. stonec

stonec Registered

rF2 charts 9.png

rF2 MSI.png

Nothing significant in my benchmark in single screen 1080p performance, slight worsening actually. PCI-E and CPU usage has reduced, which should help triple screen and VR users. RAM and virtual RAM usage is also slightly down. This should help to scale performance better with GPU power.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  8. Louis

Louis Registered

:D

9. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Hmmm, bit of a mixed bag with a field of mixed GT3s. Out of the pits was at 60fps, then around the back of the circuit it got up to 90-100fps. But after all cars had left the pits, on the front straight, fps improved from 60 to 80? So maybe some more optimization possible there? Putting the opponent detail back down to High, I got about 100fps in pits and front straight and then about 140fps on the back, and without the change from few runners to all running. Maybe I started doing more swap to disk with the higher settings? Either way, it does seem to be a bit specific to what settings/field sizes you for the level of improvement you might see, but I still think its a significant gain.

10. McNolo

McNolo Registered

x64 plugins for Max?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

What does "primary" and "alternate" inputs mean?

From this part of the notes:
    Inputs
    • Changed the way in which we combine primary and alternate inputs for the throttle, brake and steering to end up with more consistent behaviour for both.

12. Emery

Emery Registered

Performance-wise, with triple screen multiview @5760x1080 on a GTX1080, I'm getting a 20% boost when comparing DX9 to DX11 with post-processing turned off. Another way to describe the performance boost is that I can use Medium DX11 at the same fps that I used to be able to run DX9.

Unfortunately, this performance boost is not maintained when I put 10 GT3 Powerpack cars on Silverstone. There I'm getting the same fps as before. I suspect there is a combination of graphic settings that will help, but I have not found it yet after a two-three changes.

13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Can i please get recommended settings for 1080ti/7700k /16GB 3200 Ram and Oculus Rift CV1.
    I still having stutters ,MSI AB graph shows 87-90 fps like a sawtooth .
    What do i set in game and Steam please for VR ?
    Im testing GT3 camaro around Silverstone both official content .
    It seems i should get stable 90fps as i don't seem to get dips below 87 FPS but rather it just bounces between 87 and 90 FPS constantly and give a very rough feel .
    I was sooooo hopeful when reading these performance update notes but unfortunately even my rig cant do VR at 90 with very compromised settings .
    If someone AKA @Marcel Offermans could shed some light on some settings both Steam and rF2 to get a nice VR experience it would be FANTASTIC !

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

How can i confirm im on the latest build ?
    I checked in Beta and it says None , opt out of all beta programs but i still have the old HUD in game !

Edit , I'm on latest build already, so i have performance issues still :(

15. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

You may need to select the new UI from the in game options. Just a guess, I've not tried myself.

As for 2D performance, I'm seeing about 15-20% increase on my 8600k/1080.

Not tested VR yet.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  16. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

i5-7600k @ 3.80GHZ, GTX1080ti, triple screens in multiview, 5760x1080.
    Everything on max, pp, track, refection etc and 30 cars visible. Track Silverstone. Car: s397 GT3.
    Start at back of grid 55 fps as race goes on up to 98 fps. So yes a big improvement.
    Before update: Start of race 29 fps max was only 52fps no pp or reflections on.
    Update with No pp on Start 119 fps max 182 fps.
    Update with no reflection on Start 138 fps mas 251 fps.
    What a great sim this is.
    Thankyou S397

ADSTA likes this.
  17. Magus

Magus Registered

@2ndLastJedi
    Something sounds to be off on your system and the way rF2 runs. You have a system more than capable to be running rF2 pre/post update. If I were you I would start investigating if you haven't done so already. Things I would do;
    MemTest (it will take a few hours but run the complete test on all your sticks)
    Game - complete delete of every folder & then re-intsall
    GPU Driver clean un-install using DDU & re-install
    Re-seat all hardware; GPU, Memory, & CPU (incl. cleaning and reapplying thermal paste on cpu)
    BIOS & Chipset driver update/installs for motherboard
    Windows clean install (last option if all above still don't rectify the problem)

18. iev35

iev35 Registered

I try this new build quickly and for me there are great improvments.
    Quick test on video (looks better before editing on youtube.......)

19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I appreciate your reply and am in the process of reinstalling rF2 as i type .
    Thing is ,my PC hits every target and then some in any benchmark and stress test from Prime 95 to Real Bench ,Superposition ,Fitestrike and Timespy and plays all games in VR and 4k just fine .
    The only game that I have issues with is rF2 , i haven't tried in 4k scince getting my Rift .
    Will it matter if iIhave all Steam workshop installed ?
    I have brand new Trident Z 3200 16GB with XMP enabled and new 7700k sitting at 61.5 C Max @4.8GHz today and I have my bios at latest from Asrock ,
    Driver is clean fresh install latest driver .
    Passmark and Userbench Mark show my Ram sitting really high compared to whatever they compare it to .

20. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Thread title is a little bit old. 1.1100 instead of 1.1110 ;-)