Released Introducing KartSim!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You really think URD pack would cost only what it does now if they had to actually license the cars like Kartsim did?? Specially with rF2 player numbers? Keep dreaming

Emery likes this.
  2. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Has there been any word about templates yet? Would love to get a few extra paint jobs in a race.:cool:

3. oppolo

oppolo Registered

I should say not. Different engine power and torque, different weight, different tires, open setup in the isi karts

4. filippu

filippu Registered

Because you really think that some random karts and kart tracks have expensive licences ? Keep dreaming. Other games pay for licences, expensive ones, and their stuff is still far cheaper.
    Heck, James Mabe (one of the guys also at KartSim) even managed to licence Gingerman Raceway.

4€ by item ? OK.
    Let's talk tracks then. That makes the three of them 12€.
    If you combine the 3 tracks, it's 4 km, ie 3€ per km. And being kart tracks, they are concentrated in a small area (= less work), and those tracks have basically no scenery outside the track (= less work).

If you paid 3€ per km on Sebring, the track would sell at 18€, making iRacing look cheap in comparison.
    Now I'm sure that some people from the yes man army could be convinced that 18€ for Sebring is the right price ;)

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I think you're wrong about the price per km.

It is by circuit that we must determine the price :

True physical data of track and very precise, very beautiful graphics can be in the TOP 10 circuits on rfactor 2 with in particular a attention to the details which impressed me, a license etc.

These circuit really impressed me (more than zandvoort and Hong Kong for example) :

For me, 4 euros is fair for us, users.

I add that for any free car/circuit mod we MUST donate if you like it because "all good work deserves salary".
    A small sentence off topic that does not hurt.

6. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

an advice stops simracing right away if you don't have 20e to put in a dlc...calculate the price / km ...:confused:

Prodigy likes this.
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I never said the license is cheap or expensive, I said there is a cost added that other mods do not have. And then you need to consider:
    #1 it's karts, dont expect this to sell much
    #2 it's rF2 that has low number of active players, expect it to sell even less

But in the end it's up to the people that worked on it to decide how much they want to make for each sell, the person working on it must be the first one to value their own job and they are free to do so.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

Karts made from real data, with good phisics.
    3 tracks laser scanned, with good graphics.
    For the same price as a dinner.
    For me, it's cheap.
    In a couple of days that dinner will not be with me anymore. The karts and the tracks will stay with me for much longer.

9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

question is are the karts really that much better than ISI ones? if i could just buy the tracks i would.

10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I do not know much about karts in real life.

But it seems obvious to me that Kartsim is much better than the ISI Kart.

I said that I drove a lot with the Kart ISI.

Go LokiD, run!

11. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Neither the karts or tracks are random,they are used in a series which of course would require a licences to just bare the names on the dlc,that’s without any data at all.

It’s up to you if you think they are too expensive but if they are,sim racing as a whole is gunna be to expensive for you as the years progress.
    But hey there’s always rf1 pc1 to fall back on so you don’t have to spend a penny

We are luck that there are loads of sim/games for this genre so most are catered for

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  12. lagg

lagg Registered

I was 4 years racing with competition karts. Mi kart was more powerful and therefore quicker than these ones, but the way of driving was really similar. The first time tried the kartsim, in a few minutes everything was more or less natural, and it reminded me a lot my racing days.
    I have never had this sensation with the ISI karts

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Kartsim feels natural to be too,
    I’ve had about 4 track days with bigger formula type cars at Silverstone ,
    but in reflection my best time & racing was at the kart tracks

I spent about 10hrs in total karting I’m asia during a 6 week holiday in Asia last month ( done about the same amount time on previous stay)

Think the kartsim devs have been very thorough & have really focused on realism it’s a quality package

Re.cost we can go round in circles
    Remember though hopefully the amount paid helps the devs invest & produce more future content ,
    It has to be worth while for them

chisco85 and pkelly like this.
  14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

So volunteers should be paid?

Might be a culture thing, but if something is advertised as free then it should not warrant any financial reward. You're not obliged, but we might be getting lost in translation here.

The cost thing will go in circles, and really we only have iRacing to compare to, and if we were doing cost per mile then the Nords would be what? Forty quid? XD

15. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

if you worship a free MoD, that you will go hugely time :

Yes it is necessary if it's possible make a donation.

If you enjoy for many hours of a MoD, it is possible to make a donation, but you do not make : this is not not cool for modders concerned that work very hard.

No one asks you to make a donation if the MoD is quality insufficient.

In addition, no donation is required.

Continue to spend hours use the very good good mods of apex modding or postipate, give nothing to them : you have the right, but your hypocrites "thank you" don't support these modders to invest more themselves on rf2.

And Yes "all (good) work merit pay".

16. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

It doesn't hurt to donate to your favourite mod, this is a sign of appreciation. You are correct though "You're not obliged". (my opinion only)

On the matter of cost and track size, I have done a couple of tracks for my own use (they were rubbish by the way) and have to say that it takes about the same amount of work to make a track of 1km as it does to make 10km and isn't it the modder's time that you pay for?

Guimengo likes this.
  17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

On a brighter note & more to the point

What times is everyone on
    On Paul fletcher track ?

I’m all set & running
    Green track high 1.38’s so far

Good ????

JimmyT likes this.
  18. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Will check when I get home

Adrianstealth likes this.
  19. Goanna

Goanna Registered

We had a a server up for a week and the guys that did laps were lapping between high 57's and high 58's. Server was started with medium rubber preset.

chisco85 and Adrianstealth like this.
  20. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

OK at home now and had a look at my times.
    Session 1, 8 laps got it down from 1:19.6 to 1:15.0 Re-started the track fresh.
    Session 2, 4 laps came out at 1:04.2 and got it down to 1:01.6
    Have only done the 12 laps at this track so far.
    Will have a go later tonight and keep you informed of the progress.
    BTW this was in the X30.

Buckmore I got it consistent at mid 40's once the field thinned out in a race. I got 40 neat in practice with a fair bit of rubber down.

Adrianstealth likes this.