HDV Fuel

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Pales, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Pales

Pales Registered

Can someone help me? I want to alter the fuel usage of a particular car (URD Darche) to be precise as it seems to pit 6 times more in a race than all other LMP1's. After some testing, it looks like the fuel usage is signifcantly higher than the rest.

I have located the HDV but I am not sure which line and value represents what I require. Furthermore, how do I then repackage it?

2. Pales

Pales Registered

Okay, so I believe I have located the file now. It's ENGINE.INI. The problem I have is, I can't seem to add it back into the MAS.

3. Pales

Pales Registered

Managed to figure this out myself. Thanks

jerrymcc likes this.
  4. Pales

Pales Registered

Update: Since trying to amend another car, I've somehow reverted the changes of my previous edit. Can someone please assist? All I want to do is extract a MAS, edit the relevent ini files, save it as a mas and then use the car but rfactor doesnt like it...

5. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

This mod is in use by vec endurance Championship, i dont believe in this absurd difference.

Maybe the AI of the mod is with problem, but the car, certainly not.

6. Pales

Pales Registered

Check the ini levels bro, you'll see for yourself. It's likely they changed them and made other adjustments for VEC.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You need to package it as a new mod after you've changed it. If you don't change it sufficiently (.veh filename at least) you'll get the game picking up one or the other, or having issues. Generally if you join a server the game will grab the correct (original) vehicle to match what the server is running, but offline can get messy. I'd suggest changing the main filenames completely (which will probably then also mean changing some of the files a little so the vehicle still works) and having it as your own mod with a new name. Don't try and modify the existing one as it doesn't work that way.

8. Pales

Pales Registered

Does anyone have a tutorial to change a simple line in the ini and repackage? I can't do any of this "add cmp" because its asking for a rfcmp file???

All tutorials say you need to create one but i have no idea how..i just want to edit a mas ffs.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you're in the MAS tool and creating a component, the .rfcmp is what you're creating. You don't need one first.

Bear in mind what you're doing isn't a simple operation. In rF1 you could just go and edit a file and play offline with it (but then mismatch if you went online), rF2 you need to repackage it. That doesn't mean repackage the existing mod, it means package a new mod with your changes. You'll need to be patient.

10. toebee

toebee Registered

11. Pales

Pales Registered

Okay, I think I am getting somewhere now but I wonder if anyone else can offer some guidance? In short I have edited the Main.MAS, took the existing MAS's such as teams, lights, etc and combined them all into the CMP and created a new package file. I then install this file and it runs without errors, however, I cannot see the car in-game. Is this because the car already exists within another mod that has been installed? If so, how do I separate it so they're unique and it has it's own menu?

12. Bernd

Bernd Registered

The problem now is, that you have every veh file 2 times.
    I would suggest to also edit the mas file where the cars/teams (veh files) are in.
    Rename all veh files and in the file, edit the entries for the driver and the description.
    Try out if that is enough to make them show up in the menu.
    To give them an own menu entry, also edit the line Category in the veh file.

DrivingFast likes this.
  13. Pales

Pales Registered

Thanks. I am not home until later but I'll give this a go.