Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Yes you can keep the times constant in the radical with a setup which is safe, the question is how much slower you get. And first, 2nd lap usually you can go faster (without overpushing), then the tire is broken in and constant.
    Actually due to damage I pitted and got new tires at 40% race time. Ususally noone is pitting for tires (expect he is for repair also) because it costs you 25sec in addition to refuel time. Constant lap times after 2 laps wont give you 25Sec back!!!!
    While my first lap time with new tires was similiar of those of the leaders first one, within 3 laps I was 2-3 seconds slower per lap, loosing ~1-2 sec avg per lap approx. . I´m loosing more time to first laps than any other.

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

You've overused the tires.

Look at this, it was a 60 minute race.

https://ibb.co/dujdmc

The Radical drives used a Joystick to drive.
    The secret is to keep a clean line without sliding and overheating the tires.
    The tires have different names because the Radical got an update and S397 decided to keep it simpler with the tire names. Thats all.

peterchen likes this.
  3. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I had the same effect with the Corvette, with the Bentley, with McLaren. I have been driven to often the URD EGT mod where you are only really fast, driving hard as you can. Change your driving style and everything is fine.

peterchen and 3NPV5IRR like this.
  4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Just looked through our series data and it was very similar to what Andregee posted.
    The radicals lap times were also consistent.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The "problem" is more the Radical itself than the tires, that car needs a different approach, calm down or get a safe setup. I always make safe setups because I'm not a fast driver (and making these setups take less time than trying to go fast, not like I'll go fast anyway xD)

Christos Segkounas and Emery like this.
  6. pkelly

pkelly Registered

@Will - can you please post one of your "safe setups" and/or explain how you arrive at one? Merci.

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I use this as base and just change the rear wing and front ARB depending on the track

Attached Files:

• rad.zip
      File size:
      1.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  8. František Karas

František Karas Registered

Hi I bought GT3 Pack and I can not download and install Corvette. When downloading it will write "Failed Verification / Callaway_Corvette_GT3_2017 1.971". What do you want with this? Thank you for your help.

9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Big technical problem here: After uninstalling a rfmod (of which GT3-DLC was part of), deinstalling a track and installing the updated track, GT3 pack isn´t available anymore!
    I can remember that some people had similar issues in the past but search function in forum is a pain in the ass and leads to nothing.
    Verifying (2 times) doeas nothing. Also: On steam shop-site the pack isn´t marked as owned or something. Is this normal?
    Cars are marked as installed in Launcher btw.
    Chaos complete. Any ideas? (besides reinstalling the whole game, what I wont do)

10. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Go to your Steam Inventory.
    Access to the paid content is there. Unsubscribe then Subsribe.
    I hope that is what you're after.

11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Thanks!

LOL! Doesnt work! Unsubscribed, started launcher, did downloads. Closed launcher, closed steam. Fired up both again. Content automaticly subscribed. Content still not there!

Edit: ok. Now I have it. puuuh

12. pkelly

pkelly Registered

thanks , Will.

13. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Steam is reporting content not available. I see others also having trouble with new Skin content. Content not available message prevent me from unsubsribing to try to reinstall. No GT3 cars show in game at all. What is going on with this?

14. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

So are you saying that when you go to your Steam Inventory there is nothing listed for rF2 there?
    workshop.jpg

15. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Yes all blank

16. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

peterchen posted a few posts before you that his eventually turned up.
    All I would suggest is too check if Steam itself has an update. Top left of Steam, select Steam then select Check for Updat.
    Maybe do a file integrity check.

17. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I see DLC's available when I search rF2 just now.

18. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

As simple as setting up the car towards understeer.
    Go to your garage settings and increase the rear wing by two clicks.
    Congrats, you have just made your first "safe" setup change ^^^
    There's no limit to how "safe" a setup you can make, except for the tire barrier you are bound to understeer into at some point.

pkelly likes this.
  19. Ernie

Ernie Registered

@Studio397: Are there some thoughts about a sound balance update? The difference in volume levels between player sounds and opponent sounds is way to big.
    With engine sounds and player sounds at 100% i have to lower the opponent sounds to 20-25% just to hear my own engine. I had opponent sounds on 75% before (which works with other content), and while i was driving inside the car, the sound was similar like sitting on the grandstand and cars passing by. My own engine was almost silent referring to the other GT3 cars on track.

Mibrandt and peterchen like this.
  20. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I tested your set below on silverstone. It is slow (lack 1-2 sec) because it is too much understeer (rwing 4, no rear arb) and I did not adjust anything (soft tires, meds are a bit more balanced). The front tires get much higher wear than the rear ones.
    However I can lap continously within +1 sec approx to the first laps, even when front tires reach 70% and rears are still >80%.
    What I do not know however is whether it is due to slower first laps or whether it is really a constant tire.
    In any case it is not my driving style. And there is maybe something influencing grip of tires that is not represented in any value we can look into, which is a gap to be filled. It´s is definitly not represented by wear, temp, pressure, whatever.