Latest Roadmap Update - March 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 31, 2018.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I will wait for VR performance improvement then I will back to rfactor2..... for now I’m sticking to AC knowing that rfactor2 physics/FFB is much better!

Adrianstealth likes this.
  2. Gonzas

Gonzas Registered

I
    WAAAANT

GT3

!!!!!!!!!

3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Guys, the preferences are totally subjective !

For me, the more types of cars are varied, the more the "physics" are different and complementary, and the more cars are "challenging", the better.

Without joking, from the good ISI quad/van, through karts and road cars, to a possible truck racing ...... with of course all types of car, such as those we have already access through ISI/S397 and modders.

I hope that S397 will find a compromise between those who want complete series and those who like me want a maximum of variety.

Not just one or the other.

Sebastien Sestacq, Korva7 and SteveK like this.
  4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I didn't make those promises. They clearly are getting the resources for DLC which weren't mentioned in initial roadmap. It is a matter of priorities.

UsedMomo likes this.
  5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I wish I could bring myself to like AC
    Laser tracks & it looks ok & runs like a dream in VR

)-:

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  6. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Quite right.

In fact I want rFactor (considering both titles so far) to remain the diverse platform it's always been. That's why I object to statements like the one I quoted previously. I also dislike when content announcements/releases are greeted with, "I'm not interested in this! Why are S397 wasting resources on this?" Why react like that? This is a broad church, let's keep it that way. Something for everyone.

Nitrometh, papaosa, ADSTA and 10 others like this.
  7. bwana

bwana Registered

Sometimes l wonder if the age demographic for rf2 is arse about and the spoilt kids are actually the majority here ??

8. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

In fact that rF2 is best Sim for endurance racing with driver change, day&night and real weather, i can´t agree in this! Maybe we did not need another GT3 mod, but we need more complete GT3 field with an first-of-all-GT3 Audi R8, with Lambo, with M6, with GT-S, actually with new Honda and so on. GT-sports seems to be most growing motorsports class, so i think it would be stupid to give this to other sims and don´t focus it.

Because of joining race after start (told about crashes between Warmup and race in endurance races) i´ve thought about it and became the idea, if you change the way "driver - spectator", you could think about it to join automatically into race (pit) and Racedirector/Admin could set you active to start into race after start, even with laps gap...

9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

hmm could be right there bwana.. i think the old ISI crowd have left, for whatever reason and theres only a few of us on here. I wouldn't consider myself an rf2 veteran (but no kid at nearly 40 lol) think i bought 4-5 years ago. But wheres the likes of associatr and hexagramme? these guys live and died by rf2, although not always in the best of light - but still no sign of them here.?

pkelly and bwana like this.
  10. KittX

KittX Registered

There was an older tread about draw calls that pretty much explains it in general, if abstract from the track design and draw calls. You make an improvement that increases performance on your pc, but it can kill the performance on other machines. It's all about CPU vs GPU speed/memory, but, frankly most important that they must work together without any bottlenecks and hangups, and obviously it means it should be tested on as much machines as possible. But releasing that for open beta testing can potentially make things much worse for the half of users, so that's the reason they don't do that often, I believe.

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I play rFactor 2 not other games. Yeah try make a game that lives from classic formula cars and see where you go.
    And the heart of rF2 is endurance btw... the only platform that can do it properly for now

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

i just cant see why we cant have a balanced field of a variety of cars. Old ones new ones, makes no odds to me if it can race i want to race it!

13. Louis

Louis Registered

do you think this kind of feedback (not interested) isnt helpful or it is offensive? Or both?
    edit: People can win elections with these kind of data :D

14. LokiD

LokiD Registered

maybe stating WHY your not interested is useful data. Just putting NOT INTERESTED doesn't mean crap really mate

But all this "data" as you say has already been collected before a lot of people have even turned up here.

15. Louis

Louis Registered

my english isnt good and, not only for that, I thought if i keep it simple would be better

16. Louis

Louis Registered

From me? An actual player (i mean that maybe gt3 could be a popular serie but if the marjority of rf2 users are open wheelers, doesn't make sense investing on gp3. Just an example. Im not afirming this is true)? I dont think so
    if everyone respond like a form in this thread, i think, would be much more valuable feedback.
    impressions should be given on build release threads or maybe suggestions to then on how to run their business (which i found inappropriate to do here unless they ask)

17. stonec

stonec Registered

The full GT3 field is never going to happen, I can state that without being S397. For a full pack (depending on how you define it), we are talking about +-12 car manufacturers. It's an economical and mathematical impossibility for a small studio to get all those licenses and only produce a handful of cars, especially licenses like Ferrari and Lambo. The only way they can make licenses work is to release several cars from the same manufacturer. Even Kunos used this heavily with Lotus early on when the game was still considered a small project. I enjoy the GT3 pack as it is, minus the missing skins and unbalanced sounds.

I think the complaints about content are unwarranted, it has been released at good pace and there are already enough GT3 cars to run a good series. Just needs more focus on the UI/infrastructure/matchmaking/competition thing to get more people online.

bwana likes this.
  18. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

I still think rF2 should license IMSA and/or WEC and develop it as main focus, this SIM desperately need a soul and as said some posts early it is endurance!
    It has the potential to be the base for the greatest endurance title on history, just think, we will have motec, online portal, some sort of livetiming, just add the option for pitwall (remote telemetry and so on) etc etc there is all we need for some unique endurance experience. Other content could follow later, like F1,historic content and so on and no matter if officially licensed (I will suggest the Reiza route for F1 cars for example) and the title will only shine!
    Another thing I would like to see is an open beta like AMS one, I think this will speed up bugs ironing...

19. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

I would say not helpful. Studio 397 will get a good idea of what the community wants from sales of DLC & subscriptions to free content.

I could've gone into the Formula E release thread and complained that I wasn't interested in it. Why would I bother? What purpose would it serve? To add negativity for no reason? Do you think that would've added something to the discussion?

It's very easy to ignore the content you're not interested in. In rF2 you don't even need to have it installed. ;)

McKiernan, LokiD and Bogdy like this.
  20. Louis

Louis Registered

i understand your opinion, but i think different. I think road maps should be used by s397 to tell what they are planning to do and, as a player, i should post what i like or what i dont care in the current road map
    I think if most of people did that (without personal impressions if this is right or wrong -save it for build and mods releases :D) here they would have much more detailed info about the audience and adjust where or when to concentrate more efforts in particular features or content