Latest Roadmap Update - March 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

I guess you refer to race department. That forum is full of uneducated users that just complain about graphics.. There is rarely an intelligent conversation over there, I mean some users claim the physics are crap in the karts, which shows the level of sim racer visiting that forum.

I think you are right in regards things are taking too long, but this is expected when you start something and realise there is more area's that can be polished. Which i think S397 are doing a great job to work on everything, but timing is always a constraint. Lets hope this year is a big year for Rfactor releases.

kimbo, Ronnie, Sherwin92 and 3 others like this.
  2. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

Will we ever have a recent F1 car for the average peasants like me? :oops:

What about that tyre fix being added to older cars?

It would be nice if the game had SMP for triples like iRacing but maybe it is not worth for the developer given that it only works with the last generation of GPUs and the gains are 15%.

patchedupdemon and DrivingFast like this.
  3. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Happy easter

4. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

nipzon, John, Louis and 1 other person like this.
  5. Depco

Depco Registered

I know I am going to sound like a jerk here but,

I am soooooo disappointed by the lack of the performance update. I actually got incredibly mad at the following lines:

Bold text added for emphasis.

The quote reads as follows:

"We didnt have any idea how this thing worked and so we needed to figure out how it worked... We have mostly gotten that done and now we can figure out how to make it look and function better. We haven't actually worked on any UI functionality but will start now."

I know this is not what was meant by the wording, but to someone who was really looking forward to the badly needed performance update (and UI to a lesser extent) this smacks of "we are too busy trying to pump out DLC to actually work on the base game"

The fact that most ISI employees are at S397 working on these things should be helpful in sorting out the bugs in the code. Perhaps it has been more of a detriment since they are the ones who wrote the poor code in the first place. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but this is how it feels.

For all of the waiting we ended up with a skin pack that was mostly created by the community. Great work S397.

I need to step away for a bit. I am too mad and have to have time to figure out if I think S397 are actually any better than ISI was at getting the problems fixed.... They got the promises end down. The performance issues and actually releasing core game updates? Not so much apparently.

I'll get over this in a bit but..... Dammit.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    Karei and RoboCAT10 like this.
  6. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

[/QUOTE]

I think they are more saying that it has taken this long to get the UI to be functional like the current UI is. So to have still do what this one does in a better manner. And now they can focus on implementing the new features that was talked about. Let's hope they release the base UI first otherwise could take another 6monthd to a year by the sounds of it.

7. iev35

iev35 Registered

Time flies...
    Fortunately,there is great modders.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  8. Depco

Depco Registered

the base performance issues are not related to the UI, or content, DX11 and VR would be directly affected due to FPS being part of the graphical engine. At this point I would prefer a release of the "Substantial gains" with a list of the couple of known bugs.

JuanP006 likes this.
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I tried to help you in the Feb thread by pointing out that a roadmap update doesn't mean a new build. New builds will come when they are ready, roadmaps come every month. You're setting yourself up for disappointment and that's making you unnecessarily upset.

Just step away and take a break. It's not worth it.

Gasper Zupan, Ronnie, MarcG and 3 others like this.
  10. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

My initial thought was one GT pack and one LMP pack, but now that you mention that, you might be right with just a model, maybe 2 from each class. While it is great to have that racing, it would still lack the ability to simulate a full series, something that is current with the current GT3 pack. It wouldn't be so bad, if the physics we unlocked enough to utilize some of the components (engines and tires of the LMP2 and LMP3), for third party to add cars. The Porsche and Ferrari will be too much to ask, but if all the rest of the LMP2 and GTEs are there, I would be pretty happy.

Regardless, I'm still looking forward to the content and upgrades. Hopefully it is sooner rather than later :)

11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

I have nothing to say about Half Life 3...............
    i have to say about pcars 2 yeaaaaaaah i go arcade wooohoooooo

12. Depco

Depco Registered

I agree. I have plenty of real life stress without letting the one major hobby I engage in add more.

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well if they wanna call it a Le Mans pack it'll still make sense, I'd rather have a full GTE pack but the way it is going maybe will be nice, hopefully no more weird cars like the Radical.
    But as you said if physics are open would be great, or if at least URD had access to the numbers behind the scenes so they could release a pack to complete it (preference for releasing it in the same day)... just hope it wont be too expensive... buying this stuff in euro from Brazil is getting boring

14. FS7

FS7 Registered

Some good stuff in there, but how about basic features like a proper hud? Are we getting that anytime soon?

Louis likes this.
  15. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

No.

16. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@Christopher Elliott I would like to ask something.
    I've had a conversation with a member of my old community and we have talked about a feature of rfactor 1, that would be nice to have it in rfactor 2 again.
    It was the possibility to switch between the cars, in the carselection menu.
    The current system with the icons is not the best in my opinion.
    It is a lot of work, to create all these icons and if something in the 3D or skin changes, they have to be redone.
    Is there a special reason why the rfactor 1 system was replaced with the icon system or can we get it back maybe?

17. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Just to add a different view (which makes it hard for devs ;) ) and not picking on anyone, just using a format previously used
    Performance = Good, but I had no problems
    Content - interested in everything, thanks!
    UI - sounds promising and understand how complex this is
    Competition - should make my life easier
    Community - the heart of this business

Too bad though, looks like none of my skins made the skin pack. Never mind, I have 6 more I can use

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  18. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Most ISI employees are not at S397, only three of them, and they aren't the people who programmed the game engine.

19. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Registered

Totally agree. Without the first one, the last 2 are useless. You need a product that feels complete, functional and organized. The competition/ community means nothing until you get the user numbers up.

There still feels like no gameplan. When S397 first took over, I believe they approached the Stockcar community and even though I barely race it, I thought it was a great idea, because RF2 could easily steal marketshare of that community from the likes of iRacing IF they did things right. Fast forward to now and.... ????
    Then it was GT3 time and I thought "fantastic, super popular racing discipline and I personally enjoy it" So I shelled out the $20 to buy 4 GT3 cars and the Radical. The mod itself is really good but still needs some work. No real skins with it, but you cleverly outsourced it to the users. I could care less...I get skins, I'm happy.

Then suddenly comes Formula E? WTH man, seriously? Now Formula E fans (all 4 of you) have a formula e car and....one track.

Now we hear there is a GTE/ Endurance package coming, which again I like...but....what about a full GT3 field? And now when you add up the cost of base game + gt3 + endurance package and suddenly Rf2 doesn't seem like a bargain to a new user considering (much like Assetto Corsa) you need to own all the content to join a server.

We are also getting a random (but very cool) historic F1 car....and some obscure track in Finland, where I would have preferred the base tracks to get major facelifts instead of a track I have never heard of.

All the while many are struggling to get the game to simply run smoothly... and I have a fairly high end system.

I would much rather preferred S397 to say, lets take 1 discipline at a time and focus on that. As an example GT3 pack and massively update say 10-15 tracks and push that series. Free or not, I have no idea why you would release a track at version .20 when you are aware it is poorly optimized. I realize what I am saying is very negative, but I feel like s397 is trying to please too many people and they don't appear to have the resources to do it.

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Isn't there enough GTE GT3 crap out on all other games /Sims and even coming titles .
    Just focus on fixes and performance and UI !
    I know S397 are trying to get income but we dont need more GT3 , charge for these classic Formula Cars and laser scanned tracks . The heart of rF2 is open wheeler !
    Dont become another ACC !

Ruben Miranda and Louis like this.