Renault Megane edit request for pitstop times in locked mas file

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Roy Verzijl, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Roy Verzijl

Roy Verzijl Registered

Hello Studio397,

First off all the new rFactor and Renault Megane upgrades are awesome, big credits to you guys! Great new edits like the graphics, damage models and the physics.

We like to use the original Renault Megane (2013 normal spec) mod for league races but we have a little issue with the pitstop times. We like to run shorter tracks, wich mean the laptimes are about 1min / 1.20 . The pitstop duration has been changed and it takes now about 1 minut to refuel and change all 4 tires. Wich put you a lap down when you make a pitstop early. I would realy like to have it edited to the original pitstop times or just make it 50% faster. Maybe a strange request for only one league, but i have to ask you if it is possible to change the locked mas file and send it to me?

Keep up the good work!

Kind Regards,
    Roy Verzijl

2. Roy Verzijl

Roy Verzijl Registered

Hello Studio397,

Im still looking for an answere. I also filled the contact form on this website but didnt received a reply either.
    Please help us :)!

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
    Roy Verzijl

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Are Meganes S397 cars or are they a third party product? If the latter, you'll have to track down the mod creators and ask them. Sorry I haven't paid enough attention to the Meganes to know who created them.

4. Roy Verzijl

Roy Verzijl Registered

Its made by S397 and they encrypted the mas file so we are unable to change pitstop times :).

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ok, well, they have been responding to requests based on their ranking or priority. I'm not sure how high your's would be placed. But....if everyone has to make the same long pitstop, wouldn't that equalize by the end of the race?

6. Roy Verzijl

Roy Verzijl Registered

Yes it does, but on the shorter tracks like Norisring you will be 2 laps down after making a pitstop. After a few laps it will get equal again but it still it creates a lot of traffic. Also with the changing weather conditions its not fun to take a risk and make a pitstop :p..

They changed it with the update and we would like to see the old pitstop times back again :).

7. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

I wasn't aware we changed the pit times, in the last update. We will have to check on that.

Roy Verzijl likes this.
  8. Roy Verzijl

Roy Verzijl Registered

Any news Christopher or can you offer any help on our problem?

Thank you in advance.

9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

If you select in the car upgrades the endurance kit... full tank of juice and 4 tires should take 34.3 to 40.3 seconds...nearly halves the times.

Megane-enduro.JPG

Standard Kit;
    Megane-standard.JPG

10. Roy Verzijl

Roy Verzijl Registered

This solution works great for us, thank you!

Now we got a little other issue.. I followed the link below to make the upgrade fixed on our servers dedicated servers. But unfortunatly it doesnt work. Anyone can help us with that or knows if this manual is correct for dedicated servers?

http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlin...pdfdownload.php?file=HowTo fixed Upgrades.pdf

11. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Apparently the fixed upgrades are not working, I also asked about it on discord and apparently it's been broken for a while now.

12. maddox stone

maddox stone Registered

thanks, I dunno

13. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Be patient, if ever released UI is supposed to be able to deal with these problems

14. Roy Verzijl

Roy Verzijl Registered

Would be great if it get fixed ofcourse! Realy looking forward to it, now im just trying to fix it by tell everyone to use the endurance package. At least we are not a lap down when we are going to race on Norisring this season when we select the Endurance Package, so thats solved for us.

Thank you all for the reply's and help, hopefully the fixed upgrade "fix" will be soon there :)!

Kind regards,
    Roy Verzijl

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

well I really hope this is true, really hope they took some of the suggestions given by the community, one of them that makes things like [pit menu] part of the hdv something that can be adjusted when creating a championship so we can have control over refuel timers, if tires get changed at the same time as refuel, etc, without having to repack a mod, especially now that many are encrypted. I magine this stuff would take quite a lot of coding to be done
    But I have a feeling I'll be disappointed :D

Daniele Vidimari likes this.