Workshop Content Uninstalled Itself?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SL1DE, Mar 3, 2018.

1. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

So, I start Steam, then start rFactor as I normally do, and the big screen comes up saying I have over 80 items left to download. I think to myself "Wow that's a lot of updates, I was only away from the game for about a month". But upon closing the box and loading the game I realise that all of the Workshop content I had installed was missing, so it in fact uninstalled itself and was redownloading anything. It also freed 30gb of disk space, so I assume it actually deleted everything for some unknown reason. Don't know if this could have anything to do with my computer freezing last week, while I had Steam open.

Posting this in General instead of Support because I'm not asking for support or anything. I'm just wondering if anybody else had this happen to them. And I felt like sharing the story while I'm sitting here waiting and had my evening ruined by Steam once again.

Kind of annoying since my internet isn't the best (8mbps connection on a good day, 5mbps right now) so it's going to take DAYS to download all of this again.

I hate Steam with a passion, always has weird problems and messing up my games. But you know - I have to use it don't I... :(

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

When was the last time you started up rFactor 2?

3. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Don't know exactly, but it would've been maybe 3 to 4 weeks ago before yesterday.

Pretty much all the folders in my Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\365960 folder emptied themselves without explanation, and for some reason uninstalled the content itself also. Similar to when you unsubscribe from content, I guess. But I didn't unsubscribe from anything, I had a look and everything is still subscribed.

Maybe when my computer crashed it messed with my Steam account and had to refresh everything, not sure. It seems like a Steam problem to me.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Nothing I can do besides redownload it all. 66 items left. :eek:

4. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

Not exactly the same but I had this before when tried to use Family Sharing in Steam. We used one PC with my brother and every time must logging with own accounts. I tried to use Family Library Sharing to avoid this and when I first time to login with different account to my game it is uninstalled all mods from Workshop and next time when I login with my account it downloaded all these mods again.

SL1DE likes this.
  5. Adrian Redman

Adrian Redman Registered

Hey..

From another post..

Steam Family Sharing
    Who owns and can access the DLC and in-game content associated with a shared title?

A guest will have access to the lender's DLC, but only if the guest doesn't also own the base game. Guests may not purchase DLC for a base game they don't own. Any player may purchase, trade, earn, or otherwise acquire in-game content while playing a game, but in-game items cannot be shared between accounts. These items remain the property of the account that purchased or acquired them, whether borrowing or lending the base game.

http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing