SOLVED The Black Spot!!

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by D.Painter, Feb 27, 2018.

1. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Hi all. I'm getting a black spot on the cars when on cycle camera. It's fine when I'm viewing the outside were you can control the camera. It's only on cycling camera.

Track: Silver Stone. Studio 397.
    Car: McLaren GT3 Studio 397.

upload_2018-2-27_16-40-49.png
    upload_2018-2-27_16-41-50.png
    upload_2018-2-27_16-42-31.png

It flashes and flickers, Changes size constantly. Appears on not only the car being featured. Does show over a AI car behind it.

This is game play (Not replay).

I've been using this combination for awhile now and this has only recently started. Silver Stone was updated but I think this was well before I noticed this.

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

See if deleting contents of the CBash and Shaders folders helps.

3. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Thanks for the reply Adsta.

Dd try the suggestion but it didn't help.
    I changes tracks to Spa and it still has the black spot.

Further testing it seams is more so on the add-on (Virtual drivers) that are affected the most. I have the skins pack compiled by Ace King. These drivers are not affected anywhere near that of the ones using the add-on system. It's only on the cycling camera. All other views are free of this. It's not been long sins this has started to happen.

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

What is your post processing set to?

5. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Not sure I understand what you mean.

As for rFactor2 setting, nothing has changed sins it was installed on a new PC. I have never installed any third party plug-in because it's always been running the DX11 version.
    PC is a Acer Predator
    i7-7700 3.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    nVidia GTX 1070
    Setting are high but not 100% full though it should be well capable of doing so.

Should mention I only recently installed a updated graphic driver. From 388.59 to 391.01

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  6. Coutie

In the launcher settings, you can change post processing levels.

7. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

upload_2018-3-1_7-31-43.png
    This setting has never been change sins first installed.

8. Coutie

Maybe try lowering it to high or something. I've never had this problem before so I really don't know.

9. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Tried the lower setting and still has the spot just not black.
    I have updated the Micosoft Visual C + + to version 14.12.25810

Checked verify rF2 files. 2 fixed.

Still the same but now it has a sticking point (shutter) in all views. Even the Showroom rotation is doing it.

10. Coutie

Is it a custom skin? Maybe try without one. It shouldn't matter, but I don't know what else it could be.

11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Is there a light or mirror at that point? Can you shut it off?
    Or something that shines......

12. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Yes it's more on the custom skin (Addd-on driver) but still affects original car teams but to a much lesser extent.

I tried the Mercedes GT3 on (LM) Sebring. This track is not DX11 updated so there is a few flair points because of it but that was expected. Not black spot on this car. Custom car used. AI driven custom cars as well.
    It seams to be a McLaren Custom issue only at this point.

The freeze spot or shatter is there now in every view even the spinner is annoying. This is new and I am blaming either the updated nVidia graphic driver or the Micosoft Visual C + + to version 14.12.25810 update. I can back track on the graphic driver but no idea how to go back on the other one.

No lights or mirrors were the black spot is. The lights are off on the cars. With further testing it seams is only affecting the Studio 397 McLaren. But again this has only appeared very recently so it could also be caused by either the above mentioned updates.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If it's potentially graphics driver related try uninstalling it fully using DDU and start fresh. Also make sure you are installing the latest driver, sometimes different sources give different 'latest versions'.

VC update I wouldn't think would do anything like this.

14. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Is there a naked chick on the car ?

DJCruicky likes this.
  15. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Hi guy's. Thank you for your help.

I decided to backward step the nVidia driver from 391.01 back to 388.59. This fixed both the black spot and the micro shutter I was getting.

I'll update the driver again when there is a newer one than the 391.01 version.

ADSTA likes this.
  16. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Good to hear you got it sorted.
    In general regarding hardware drivers my main rule is the ol' "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
    I've never seen big enough improvements after updating drivers to warrant always updating to the latest.

17. Carbine

Carbine Registered

may i ask how you rolled back to the 388.59 drivers.
    I use the Geforce experience program to update my drivers but it wont let me roll them back.

18. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I download the driver exe from nVidia web site and still have the older exe.
    I have used the Geforce Experience before but afterward the nVidia control panel would fail to open. After installing a new driver all or any custom setting you may have set are generally lost so I need the control panel to re-set things.

Often the sound (Audio) driver update would default the speakers back to the USB CODEC instead of the speaker jacks meaning I'd loose all sound and re-set back to mono off 5.1 surround.
    Gets a little annoying at time.

You may be able the go here and find the previous version folder, open and go to setup on the bottom of the list. It's the Application exe. Run as you would any other exe. C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\388.59\Win10_64\International

If you don't have the older version folder you can go to nVidia website and download the previous driver for you graphics card.
    https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018