Wich S397/ISI cars have REAL AND ACCURATE data VS real car in real life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dadaboomda, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It may be that cars are not dumped down but when I was testing Marussia MR01 version 1.42 vs 1.92 in Malaysia same real road, medium tire, 50 liter fuel I was having hard time to get 1,42 lap times with ver 1.42 but with ver. 1.92 I was able to run low 1,38 lap times. I made also similar test in Silverstone and I am about 4,5 sec faster with ver. 1.92 then 1.42.
    I am not huge fan of F1 cars but I felt that Marussia MR01 ver. 1.42 was like Charles Pic and Timo Glock described how Marussia was to drive and how it was behaving and to me it was joy to drive ver. 1.42 in rF2. Somehow I feel that ver.1.92 is not the same car anymore :(

2. Louis

Louis Registered

Yeah, kinda sad. Cannot bully assetto corsa players anymore :(
    Another thing i notice is tires degradation. Old fisi, my steering wheel go nuts in one lap if i abuse of the tires

3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

That's a huge difference in deed. So I think there's a significant chance that something was broken with it's physics. Either way it was seriously broken and now it's fixed or it was broken in latest release. There's a third option: the mod physics where broken and still are.
    If only there was a way to ask devs about it :)

4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I think in general tires degrade too quickly in rF2 (I know it might be just a feeling because simmers tend to abuse them vs real life drivers).

5. Louis

Louis Registered

To say if they keeping pushing real data of a f1 car 99% of simracers with 2d screens, cheap pedals, cheap steering wheels, no gforce info,etc won´t be able do do a single lap without locking tires every single corner, get breaks at right temps, overheat the car and didnt get close of pro drivers lap times that do this for a living?
    I´m over 40 but i don´t think im mature enough to read this lol

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  6. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

I think the old Marussia didnt have CPM tyres.
    The Marussia probably remains slowish in the game compared to real life. Qualify times for 2013 Silverstone were 1:34.
    I can do 1:33.5 but with the track saturated, max aero and DRS everywhere.

But the tyres or the driveability seem much improved. Compare it to the FISI 2012. With this Marussia you have no problem riding the kerbs in Siverstones last corner. Probably the same in Japan last corner.

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

rFactor 2 Marussia MR01 is from 2012 and it was raining in Silverstone but it was sunny weather in Malaysia and the time in qualifying to Timo Glock was 1.40,903 which is the time that I am more then 2 secs faster with 50 liter fuel and medium tire no DRS ver 1.92.;)

8. caravan_driver

Hence DRS everywhere with the only option available for the official Silverstone.

The AI in Silverstone does 1:36 on 100.
    What about Malaysia? I know it is not the same physics but they try to make the AI match what an average player would match.
    If it is also seconds faster than real life then it is a bit of a bummer.

Edit:
    Did some testing. AI 100, Malaysia heavy rubber. 6 laps. 1:41.4.
    That should be what an average player can achieve with the default setup.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  9. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

So is 1:41.4 comparable to real lap times? If it's also few seconds faster then it would indicate earlier versions's physics where more realistic. Anyway if lap times are indeed unrealistic it should be raised as an issue.

10. caravan_driver

Real life was 1:40.9. We of course dont know the grip levels IRL. But given the 4.5 hours of practice I think the "heavy" preset is close for qualy. Really dont know.

And I dont know what explains in the game physics aliens like @Ari Antero that do 1:38 with 50liters of fuel.

11. enduser

enduser Registered

I tried the old mr01 (1.42 - thanks Louis fo the link) and its difficult to handle, maybe players complained and they made it easier to drive idk but i can compete quite well for 1st place with 95% AI without too much practice in v1.92 car.

1.36 at Silverstone seems about right except if ai uses a default setup which should be slower , and thats another thing : proper ai calibration when close to 100% should reach real lap times by (automatically) forcing a proper setup for each track like the player must do or its faked, in which case if i judge from the gear ratios it doesnt, its always the same setup from what i ve seen so far.

Anyway maybe repackage the whole thing like a team from the 2012 mid pack like williams, problem solved ! hehe (also better looking car)

12. Filip

Filip Registered

Can you give the link please?

13. marmagas

marmagas Registered

14. enduser

enduser Registered

^ here u go

Filip likes this.
  15. Filip

Filip Registered

Thank you

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Funny; a topic about real accurate data, and the car that comes up a lot, is one of the few that doesn’t have flex chassis ;)

17. Louis

Louis Registered

Like thousands threads, the subject shifted

18. Louis

Louis Registered

f1frt 2013 now not only looks like codemaster game, driving too
    At Sao Paulo it's ridiculously easy to recover from spinning. Not to mention easy heavy breaking

edit: i take back what i said about spins. I was with two aids turned on. But break still very, very easy to workaround without locking. In the first lap, not taking much care about tires or brake temps.
    And i take back what i said about F1 ASR 2017 ffb seems numb. Deault ffb multiplier (1.0) was to high and probably clipping a lot. Using .77 now and feels amazing on my old g27. Also driving feels great.
    Only "problem" i notice is high res skins, i think, It has great impact on fps perormance droping to ~40 driving in rain with trafic and with my default settings to any mod.

Please @Suzukinol , let me know about your wip f1 2018 when its ready or open to beta testing. Thank you

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  19. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I don't know if anyone mentioned but GP3 has accurate data, latest CPM tire model and handling is tested by real GP3 drivers.
    Also I believe licensed cars like Radical SR3-RSX, GT3 Power Pack.
    Does any one know about Enduraces mods? They use latest tech and physics recommendations from S397.

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

No. Just no.