Assetto corsa ,,,,

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Kek700, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

They have frequent sales and it's best to wait for the finished product to deliver than to buy-in on marketing. How AC varied during its development is one example. AC² will be very successful commercially, there is no question. And that is good for the genre, it shows the potential and strength of full packaged series to publishers and investors.

Back on point, there is plenty available on the internet to even support both sides of the argument so if you want to jump onboard with them, you're more than welcome. But so are those not willing to tag along with your choice.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
    Emery likes this.
  2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

What game isn’t released in a beta or early access state but said to be out of both states lol

It’s the new norm so why see it any different,what game is released without bugs,broken features or even missing features.

I can’t think of any

Louis likes this.
  3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Now check for yourself, how good the track record was and still is with the AI in AC and how much focus there was ony dynamic aspects in the sim. I consider it still a big problem and this new AC product just smells as if they are simply trying to milk us when the above mentioned things are executed in a halfbaken way, and essentially following the same approach as SMS. If the UE4 is the end all for driving sims needs to be seen, as it has it's own issues. Rendering will be great, no question about that, but stuff like netcoding can get a big problem. If it really is the sim that we all wanted, is a different topic.

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Agreed. I bought AC in early access and I was very disappointed at release -_-" the v1.4 was the absolutely minimum I would expect on day 1, but they took so long to get there I didn't bother buying any DLC and now looks like I did a good choice lol
    Hopefully this ACC will be done right, I'm looking forward to this anyway.

bwana, mesfigas and David Kolody like this.
  5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Don't forget the rest, "Players will experience highspeed torque as they get behind the wheel of luxurious speedsters".
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but this isn't a production car series, these race cars have every gram of luxury stripped out.

The lack of knowledge some marketing/sales people have of their product is just plain gob smacking as I found out recently.
    After 2 weeks of no internet I was getting withdrawals and didn't want to miss out on a third round of our league series.
    I did the dreaded visit to the shopping centre and asked the young lady (20 ish) at the Telstra :( store about a 4G USB dongle/modem thingy.
    She informed me they only have WiFi ones now, no USB anymore.
    "No good for me" I replied as I didn't want WiFi let alone the fact my pc doesn't have WiFi.
    I was quickly and confidently informed that all computers have WiFi. o_O
    Tablets, phones and laptops may have but not all desktops have WiFi I politely informed her.
    She still wouldn't believe me and showed no curiosity of the idea.
    Got my Telstra 4G usb dongle a few doors away JB HiFi. Hey, I was desperate.
    Of coarse the net came back on at 9am the next day. :rolleyes:

That is a big claim about the early access, a slight exaggeration perhaps!
    I was there at day one, was very optimistic, but I soon got annoyed with the AC way of online/league racing and other general non user-friendly aspects after using rFactor 1&2 since 2007.
    Things may have changed as it has been a fair while since using AC but I'm happy with rF2 for now.
    One thing that was a very big positive with AC was the App implementation.

Nothing is perfect and people have their own opinions.
    That is something I wish people would remember.
    If it upsets you so much to see someone enjoy something that you don't, berating that person only makes you look childish and self centred.

6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

o_O:rolleyes:

7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

:oops:
    Sorry Ace, what you quoted wasn't directed at you.
    It was a generalization about when people think that there opinion is what everyone should agree with and get upset when someone disagrees.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  8. Louis

Louis Registered

haha rf2 players talking bad about early beta access of other game is really funny. Next will be development pace and support....

9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

as much as I love rf2 and its devs. I kinda agree with louis above.

mesfigas likes this.
  10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ACC looks and sounds great, can't wait.

11. Louis

Louis Registered

But dont get me wrong. I prefer rf2 than any other that i have(AC and Automobilista).

12. Dmitry Chugrov

Dmitry Chugrov Registered

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Worry not, rF2 has its shares of disappointments. Talking bad about one does not make the other perfect.

bwana, Emery, Guimengo and 1 other person like this.
  14. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

I just hope this and a possible furute AC2 make a lot of success so 505 can grab the F1 license from Codemasters.
    AC is the only game praised by both niche fans and popular gaming sites. And the only that sells.
    If anyone can pulled this off is 505/Kunos. First indies to get Ferrari, first indies to get Porsche. The sky is the limit.

Mibrandt and LokiD like this.
  15. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

It's already on my wish list in Steam.

AC is already a very good sim in my opinion, with VR performance I dream of over here in RF2.
    Add in the UE4, day/night, weather, driver swaps and lets face it a massive license with the FULL grid and track rota for the Blancpain series and i'd be amazed if this is not epic.
    I really hope so, as when one developer raises the bar, it pushes all the others to do likewise.

We will all win in this scenario.

Mibrandt, LokiD and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  16. Louis

Louis Registered

You are right. I know the thread is about AC but i give zero f*** to their problems (at least in this forum) :D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

By the way, regardless of the actual quality of this game, Assetto Corsa Competizione = GTR³.

If this game isn't a stopgap for another Assetto title (think Automobilista for Reiza) and modders are able to develop content such as Group C and other endurance-based material, current sim titles will really need to be careful and step up their output. AC became the rFactor of this generation of racing games for its modding capability and visuals.

A solid, self-contained single series package with modding possibilities were what made this genre reach this level: Grand Prix Legends, Grand Prix 3 & 4, Nascar Racing 2003 Season, and GTR². And they have lived for a long time.

Edit as of August 12, 2018: Actually, GTR³ is the new GTR³ :p

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2018
    Mibrandt, Ernie and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  18. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Ace Pumpkin, UsedMomo and Emery like this.
  19. Emery

Emery Registered

Kunos has certainly proven they are the productivity kings when releasing cars, but they're so so soooo far behind when it comes to producing tracks.

F1Aussie likes this.
  20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

output (in that post) = general product, not releasing content. Sector3 and Kunos are most prolific overall, nothing against acquiring already-made content or contracting artists to pump out material.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2018
    Emery likes this.