Assetto corsa ,,,,

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Kek700, Sep 30, 2015.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

2. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

I bought AC from last steam sale, and i have to say im pleasantly suprised.
    When "downgrading" a simulation, the feedback you get, usually feels kinda "filtered", if you know what i mean...

I bought IL-2 Bos at the same time and boy was i dissapointed to that game. Compared to DCS it's flight physics are FAR behind. You cannot say this about AC compared to rF2 tough.

It is a good game, no doubt about it. Physics feel a little filtered compared to rFactor 2 but by very thin layer only. And is has much else to compensate that.

It Looks and sounds much better than rF2, you can find races every night with bunch of different cars, and i was pleasantly suprised that majority of servers has no aids allowed.
    Damage model is visually very nice, that cracked windshield really looks awesome :D

That thin layer of "physics filter" you might feel after coming from rF2 is mostly noticeable when hotlapping by yourself, but in the heat of the battle you dont feel it as much.
    Road surface conditions are set to 100% (no cracks, lots of rubber) by deafult, drop it to 95% and it doesnt feel that grippy anymore, and the gap to rF2 feel closes quite a bit ;)

If you are bored with "no action in rF2 online" i can definately recommed it. I have found servers with no aids allowed and cars that i like every night, and have raced several races a night since i bought it.

If you are hard core physics "elitist" like i was before it might not be for you, but i got bored that no one races cars that i like online in rF2 and gave up the elitism, and have not regret it.

I mean, if i host Cobra vs Corvette street cars, no aids, in rF2, NO ONE will come and im there by myself. Did the same thing first night i got the game with ac, and behold! people started to pouring in!!!! Had good races trough out the night.

So these are my impressions of the game, in case you are wondering should you get it, hope this helps you to make up your mind.

Kel

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
  3. Alesi

Alesi Registered

is RF2 still in dev? i thought rf2 already dead. AC (now with sf15-t and f138) - thr best!!

4. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I would say that AC is definitely worth buying. With thrustmaster tx didn't quite feel as good and natural as rf2, but still fun to drive.
    Now i have been trying to find good ffb settings for osw wheel with AC, but no success yet.
    Is it possible to adjust ffb sensitivity in AC like in rf2? Didn't find adjustment for that yet.

5. Emery

Emery Registered

I, too, bought AC during the summer Steam sale.

The street cars drive nicely. I can't really say the same about the vintage racecars... for instance, the '70s Loti feel like they have iron hoops for tires, especially compared to the BT44 in rF2.

I am a little frustrated by the user interface, though it's arguably a step up from ISI's. Took me awhile to figure out where the HUD gizmos are and I'm still trying to figure out what options are worthwhile. With triple screens, I mostly leave them turned off anyway.

Graphics. The more I look behind the scenes at pCARS and AC, the less impressed I am with their approaches. The main gee-whiz factor they have are the various post-effects and prioritizing the car's polygons over the track's polygons. AC lighting is too "something" and I have had a difficult time finding a setting I like. pCARS uses very quick cuts between tracking cameras, so you don't get a chance to really examine the surroundings. Both AC & pCARS overemphasize bright reflections so they're blown-out white. The laughable aspects of the AC tracks are grandstand spectators as 2D cutouts folded at the hips & knees and flags that look like wet cardboard fluttering in a strong wind. pCARS spectators are ridiculous 2D & 3D cartoon caricatures, but at least they have more depth than AC spectators. AC sticks to low polygon buildings, so they often lack detail. If rFactor 2 adopted one thing, I would have to vote for a very mild depth-of-field filter, because that seems to be what makes the 3d grass look good.

That it is easier to find an online race in AC or pCARS is no surprise. According to steamcharts.com, there are 10x as many people playing either pCARS or AC at any single moment compared to rF2. It's interesting to note that AC players spike after every new content release and then taper back to the same level after a week. Of the racing sims, AC is the only one that exhibits this behavior, which suggests their widespread community is more casual use. [Side note: a new trend in the past month is that Automobilista has more players than rF2 during the evening hours in the Americas. Is that due to the CART mod or are the boys from Brazil playing more or something else?]

Even with the new ability to jump standing starts, AC lacks serious racing features (do I need to list them?). The content still favours street cars and dream cars rather than race cars. Which still leads me with the impression that AC is more of a driving simulator rather than a racing simulator.

bwana likes this.
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I bought AC in early access because I thought what they said in their propaganda would become a reality.
    I unninstall it after 20 minutes every time I tried (after new patches usually). To me AC and P CARS are in same category, if I had to choose I'd pick P CARS as it is a more "complete package" (night, rain, interesting performance). But AC content is very nice.

I wish someone would license isi2.5 and use it properly, so much potentian not being used, meanwhile other sims or "sims" gaining a precious space. Not good...
    A mix of rF2 physics and features, P CARS graphics and AC content all this developed by Reiza would be a perfect sim lol

bwana likes this.
  7. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Try adjusting exposure with page up/dwn keys to tone down too harsh reflections? also the "movie mode" postprosess preset seems somewhat less blown-out white in reflections i think. just a hint... but i see what you mean and agree ;)

Also agree about the game being more "driving sim" than racing sim... but for me it really doesnt matter that much as what i was seeking from the game was to get to race online early in the evening with more than just a few peeps.

rFactor 2 is still THE racing sim for me.

Unfortunately due to the lack of players, especially early in the evening (gmt+2) it has become a type of luxury to me, comparable to glass of fine whiskey and a good cigar, that i enjoy in privacy ;)

8. Magus

Magus Registered

Introducing Assetto Corsa Competizione, the new Official game of the Blancpain GT Series, an official grand touring racing series organized by Swiss manufacturer Blancpain and SRO Motorsports Group. Featuring an extraordinary level of simulation quality that will allow players to experience the real atmosphere of the FIA GT3 championship, players will be able to compete against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits with the highest level of accuracy and attention to detail. Taking full advantage of Unreal Engine 4, Assetto Corsa Competizione will ensure the highest quality rendering with photorealistic weather conditions and graphics to reach a new standard in driving realism and immersion racing. Players will experience highspeed torque as they get behind the wheel of luxurious speedsters including Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren and many other prestigious GT cars reproduced with an outstanding level of detail. Motion capture technology is used to create the animations of mechanics and drivers in an even more realistic fashion and guarantee a high level of player engagement during races, pit stops and driver changes. In the final version of the game, players can expect advanced multiplayer functionality with Assetto Corsa Competizione, including a ranking system which will evaluate individual performance and driving behavior to reward the most virtuous drivers and promote fair play in online competitions. Assetto Corsa Competizione will be speeding into Steam Early Access this summer.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  9. Filip

Filip Registered

Will be interesting to see new gfx, night, rain...
    Will try for sure.

10. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

If the rain physics are good and the dry physics are on par with normal AC, then I must have this.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  11. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I can't wait.

12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

don't really mind, if this sim can actually get it all RIGHT like wet weather with ai, physics (i already like ac) a sim that weve all wanted to a degree, that gets it ALL right.. I'm in!

F1Aussie likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

"Players will experience highspeed torque"

Hmm... sometimes marketing (and perhaps some translation?) doesn't do itself any favours.

ADSTA, Pocisk and Emery like this.
  14. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

I rather play rF2 with bugger all mods and cars I'm not that keen on (which is my biggest complaint here) than go through another simcade again.

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

LOL, ROFL

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

We all saw the main dev's problems with feedback and aggressive approach to users. Early Access was a tool for very small developers to gather funds to complete the game but it's something that has been bastardized when even larger publishers adopt it. Best to wait for proper launch before buying on hype, if their timeline is as tight as mentioned then there is the potential for things to be missing or be limited.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
    Godwind Racing likes this.
  17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Any simracer calling AC a simcade has a serious cognitive problem!

Filip, kantenflimmern and UsedMomo like this.
  18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Sorry, I forgot to quote Godwind Racing...
    5 posts above this.

19. filippu

filippu Registered

Yes, buying on early access isn't the best idea indeed. It didn't work well for rF2. Fool me once...

Louis, Gonzas and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

ACs early acces was the best and most successful in the history of computer games. I was there from day one. Why should it be any different with ACC?

Gonzas and Filip like this.