Video setting stability

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by lonestar29, Feb 11, 2018.

1. lonestar29

lonestar29 Member

Since I made switch from DX9 to DX11, the video settings seem to reconfigure automatically. I've grown acclimated to checking this each time before i launch game, but noticed some odd behaviour, and wondering if the every changing 'video driver' might point to a problem for me.
    Appreciate feedback on whether this is my end, or whether this is something the S397 team already knows about and working on. Thanks...

When I launch I typically see that my GPU has reverted to 'Auto'.
    Capturea1.JPG

So i change it to focus on my 1070 . . . notice the video driver identifies a 'version number', which is not consistent with the v390.77 geforce drivers i just loaded.
    Capturea2.JPG

So I ignore it and hit 'OK' . . . but decide to have second look and open video settings again. All the manual settings are same, but video driver version is something different again.
    Capturea3.JPG

And repeat the cycle a few more times . . .
    upload_2018-2-11_12-49-51.png

So maybe this is not really showing a video driver?
    I can do this a few times, and I usually stop when I see all 'zero', as I assume that might be a stable place to leave it ...
    Do have a problem on my PC?

jump likes this.
  2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Known issue.

jump, dadaboomda and Pocisk like this.
  3. jump

jump Registered

Same problem with my 2nd SimPC with fresh install (ATI HD5750 GPU single monitor) and with my 1st SimPC (GTX980 triple monitor).

4. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Yes it is a big bug issue, but it is a known issue, so I think S397 work on this.

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Yes, as allready mentioned, it should be a known bug....i noticed differents in performance, too, based on the GPU settings (Auto/dedicated).

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

As stated it is a known problem.
    The tests I did with my old laptop showed that when you launch the video config from the launcher it writes the ini file. However, when you launch the game itself it is later overwritten (I think when you exit the program). The game also has a video editing screen and they both seem to be interfering.

I understand that it is the game inbuilt option the one who is spoiling the ini file. I tried making the ini file "read only" but that didn't make any difference.

dadaboomda likes this.
  7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

The Config_DX11.ini getting the overwrites before the track is started loading. After the track is loaded, the Config_DX11.ini does not change, even after shut down rF2.