Next Gen Simulation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Perhaps somebody likes to compare I7 8700k, Z370 and 4133MHz ram to my post #39
    I7 8700k.jpg

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

56c? Mine starts to throttle at those temps :p

3. stonec

stonec Registered

Physics engine isn't the issue, there is so much overhead that I can run rF2 easily in real time with a 10 year old first gen i5 without any issues. Someone on these forums underclocked a new i5 to 1.5 GHz and he was still getting the same performance in rF2 on a single screen setup. It seems VR in rF2 uses twice more CPU than non-VR on a single thread, which means for VR things are slightly different.

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It is not unusual that I7 8700k has temps over 70c my CPU is OC to 4800 MHz and it is water-cooled ;)

5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Like I said, I've got an FX6300 and had to fit a new cooler to keep the temps down. Anything above 60 is not good but it apparently starts to throttle at 55-ish.

6. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Create a custom fan profile for your GPU + CPU:

This profile must be really aggressive, the fan must have a relatively high speed very early.

So the temperature is never high, under any circumstances, even with the original fans that are actually very efficient (intel fan), never again even throtteling has 4K AA level 1 + 103 AI by creating a LAN part or 50 AI partly standard.

Just a tip.

By cons fans are very noisy, but the devil throtteling.

7. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Dear Ari,

it was a sentence out of context and especially I did not nuance my sentence!

By "the performance is bad" I wanted to say that, on the one hand because of the specificities of RF2 the insufficient performances are only partially justified, and that for the rest one must consider them as bad in the sense or contrary to all the other sims + car video games, some game settings or some standard game settings cause excessive CPU performance. But many people do not use these parameters.

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I don't know what kind of telemetry AC has. I doubt it is as complete as rF2. That should give you a big clue about physics behind. Can someone provide some info regarding AC telemetry?

In rF2 you can check all this. Tire load 3 components, slip angle. You can create specific math functions to analyse speed influence and tire load influence. This should help verifying if the tires are properly modeled. It is, by far, the toughest and most important part of car simulation. It greatly conditions FFB which is the best way to analyse what tires are doing and how realistic a sim feels. I haven't found yet anything even close to rF2.

You can also check FFB and how it varies by changing camber, caster, pressure... I made a study about that a while ago and rF2 seemed to behave as expected. I'll look for it... The biggest flaw I would think regarding FFB is the unbalanced torque/%output ratio.

In term of physics the only flaws that would need to be corrected is the suspension/tire pressure adjustment. It's not intuitive since it behaves oppositely to what expected.

For the rest I cannot see a major flaw in rF2 physics.

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

10. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I would like to hear more about these. What does "unbalanced torque/%output ratio" mean?
    About the second problem. Can you give an example of a wrong behavior there.

dadaboomda likes this.
  11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

This is most evident in GT3 pack. According to the physics the torque at the steering shaft is calculated. This value is converted to a % of FFB intensity. The ratio being used was quite different for different GT cars. This seem to be causing some grinding behaviour with some cars. It is explained here.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....radical-old-ffb-s397.58380/page-4#post-922476

Please specify what you refer to with "second problem".

Ozzy likes this.
  12. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

By second thing i meant this.

13. Louis

Louis Registered

I donĀ“t relly know if you all are talking about cpu load in rf2, but mine seems very low most part of time and temps is maxed at 55 celsius, if i remember correctly
    Is water cooled i74790k (i dont know how to overclock neither gpu or cpu, but i think my gpu is overclocked by manufacturer. It says SC - superclocked)

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

15. liakjim

liakjim Registered

lol

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  16. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Pretty interesting stuff SPASKIS. I didn't understand that ffb thing yet. I might get into that later.

About the tire stiffness thing. Could the tire stiffness not increasing as tires temperature goes up, be caused by the rubber becoming more flexible as it gets hot? So the effect of pressure going up would be compensated by the rubber getting softer.
    The numbers between cold and warm tire isn't exactly the same though. the stiffness of rear wheels goes up from average of 304,5 N/mm to 330 N/mm. Is this change significant enough to say that some kind of change happened. I don't know.

Then the ride height not dropping when lowering tire pressures. That's very weird. Have you tried if this happens with other cars?
    Only thing that comes to my mind possibly explaining this would be some kind of ride height compensation that rf2 might be doing to keep the ride height at the same value as pressures are dropped. Also the compensation should be done in steps for the 2 mm ride height increasement to make sense.

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I reply in bold within quoted text

Korva7 likes this.
  18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Regarding next gen simulation what I miss the most is proper in race stewards sanctioning the penalties committed. Cut tracks and collisions are a must. At the moment only speeding in pitlane is basically sanctioned.

As a league admin having to open a thread for complaints so that we have to analyse and decide about racing incidents does not give me any added value.

19. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Next gen simulation in my dreams is rf2 with lots of different kinds of cars.

20. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

It's not SPECIFICALLY what I want for the next generation of simulation, but for now !

I think online players want quite complete mods like the GT3 Pack, which I understand.

I want the opposite, apparently like you :

A maximum of different types of cars, which would have a very large number of different physics and exciting/challenging to drive.

Unfortunately, when you make a coherent pack with very similar cars (pack gt3), S397 works on 3-4 cars with relatively close physics, whereas I think it would be, from my point of view, more interesting to have 3-4 very different cars (again from my point of view!).

The smart thing to do is to find a compromise between the two.

The abandonment of road cars (in all their varieties), for example, I consider: 1/10 of current cars in road cars (3-4 new), it would have me much more, for one reason: the variety physics and therefore driving challenges.