F1 1996 Mod by SliDe

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by intweb, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

Behind me :p:p:p

intweb likes this.
  2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I'll test the Williams, you can fight over the rest :p

3. intweb

intweb Registered

You're testing the Forti - you have first-hand experience ;)

AMillward likes this.
  4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Those were the longest seven or eight laps at Symons Plains I've ever done >.<

intweb likes this.
  5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

One thing you might need to look in to is the tyre temps. The rears get rather cold rather quickly.

6. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Tyres are a headache, but maybe I can figure out how to adjust the temp sensitivity or whatever.

intweb, Louis and AMillward like this.
  7. SergioAzevedo88

SergioAzevedo88 Registered

i will be doing a championship series with this mod in a portuguese community... if you need some feedback i can help you...
    however i will be driving a Minardi or a Forti (Last call for the championship ...:( )
    Hope can battle with the guys up front!! Cheers

8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

If all the cars have equal performance in the league then you'll be fine. They handle like the Williams.

9. SergioAzevedo88

SergioAzevedo88 Registered

yeah...it looks like... equal performance pack...
    *Relief*

However and meanwhile i will try to leave some feedback in here!! ;)

10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I would find it odd if a league made some people race in the top cars and some race in a Forti.

11. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

Wouldn't it be amazing though, to say finish 12th out of 16 running in a Forti?! Imagine the joy!

12. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Had a really nice time with this series this weekend. So nice to see that grid from the past, and thanks for creating realistic balance (Minardi in a back) :)

I am not sure if it is track problem or vehicle authoring issue, also don't even remember if there was pit speed limiter in 96 or speed limit in pit lane, but I noticed speed limiter does nothing (McLaren).

Louis likes this.
  13. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Pit lane speed limit was 50mph in practice and 75mph during the race. Brought in after Imola 94.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  14. Louis

Louis Registered

this is one of the most fun mods out here and good for your health. One of the few mods i cannot smoke and drive at same time :D

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Indeed, no beer drinking and driving as well. One of my favorite series in rF2 :) Really hope this mod will evolve further.

Louis likes this.
  16. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

UPDATE 1.23 - Forti's B car is now a selectable upgrade, however I don't think the AI can use it. The Williams now has the shift light, and I corrected that area to make it black so it looks more like the real car.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1213473367

Edit: And I forgot to check out the McLaren speed limiter bug. I'll try to remember tomorrow.

F1Aussie, pkelly, Jozo70 and 5 others like this.
  17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Huge thanks for the update. Any plans to make cars lose front wing on collision?

18. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

More sensitive damage is coming in the next update. Front wings always came off, but the setting was way too high so you had to crash at like full speed for it to come off. Now 60km/h is enough to take it off, so be careful and try not to rear end anyone. ;)

Also the McLaren speed limiter problem was never a problem as the limiter works fine for me. So it must've been the track you were using at the time. The 1988 tracks don't have speed limits so the limiter does nothing there, for example.

Any other suggestions before I compile it all?

Churrinche, Louis and The Iron Wolf like this.
  19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

This is all great news. Just curious, do you know if limiter existed in 1996 F1 in real life?

With damage sensitivity adjusted I might get stuck in this series for good :) Do wheels fall off too? Also, does wing lost affect front downforce?
    The only ask I would personally have, to add Visor to this series. But I don't know if anyone managed to get Visor properly working in VR. I am under impression that GP3 series has made progress there, but this is just from reading the thread.

Edit: if you haven't done so in last update, please consider creating unique class name for your vehicles as I explained in https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/f1-1996-mod-by-slide.59028/page-2#post-931961
    Once again, huge thanks for evolving this series.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  20. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Yes, wheels fall off, suspension falls off, front and rear wings fall off, suspension/wheels bend. And it does affect performance, you'll notice a great loss in front downforce if you knock the wing off, it'll feel like those late 70s cars with no front wings and you'll have massive understeer. I was a bit over 10 seconds off the pace in Brazil with no front wing, it should be a much larger impact on a track which depends on downforce like Catalunya or a longer track like Spa.

Not sure if I could add a visor. As you said, nobody has gotten it properly working in VR, and I myself don't have a VR headset so I can't test or anything. Plus I'd have to do a lot of Photoshop work to make individual visors for each driver because I'd want to be historically correct. So it'll be a pretty big job.

It already has a class called "F1 1996" with all the cars, did you want me to just rename that to "F1_1996_SL1DE"? Why does it matter? It's not like there's any other 1996 mod so it won't clash or anything?

F1Aussie likes this.