Wich S397/ISI cars have REAL AND ACCURATE data VS real car in real life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dadaboomda, Nov 4, 2017.

1. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I believe you've meant this one:
    https://drracing.wordpress.com/2014/01/03/how-close-is-close-enough/

I already posted it in different thread, but perhaps you where referring to this:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/the-physics-discussion-thread.127125/page-8
    Essentially a guy was making C5 mod for AC(he also owned C5 IRL and had access to accurate real data for many Corvette flavours) , but was claiming that, he had to fudge input data (i.e. unrealistic camber) i.e.
    "The car did not behave the way a C5 would with C7 wheel/tires until I massaged the car with out of normal range camber settings."
    He also constantly argued and felt offended and in the end, the mod was never released(from what I checked). It's a shame because it looked like it had potential to be one of the best third-party mods.

So I would say rF2 over all is most realistic, which I've heard real race car drivers say in the past

My feeling is that cars in Assetto usually had good grip, but the problem was (but they've improved) when I noticed car is loosing grip and starts sliding it was more often too late to recover. In some cars it looked like grip is on or off(and car is in weird slide mode). In rF2 there are more fine grained transitions between full grip and loosing traction, it's easier to loose a little grip, but in general it's also easier to recover from (minor) slides.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    VaiHalen, atomed and patchedupdemon like this.
  2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Rf2 grip states feel the most progressive out of the sims I’ve tried,not just on off snap oversteer bs that some have,and the regrip allows for fun driving
    Feels more natural but then again I wouldn’t know if it’s right or wrong,it just feels right to me.

atomed and oppolo like this.
  3. oppolo

oppolo Registered

that's one of the points make me drive most of the time rf2

atomed and patchedupdemon like this.
  4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

IMO the biggest difference between rF2 and other sims is not realistic data but realistic physics engine combined with latest tire technology.

You will get what you put into it.
    It is clear that some modders can get the best out of this tool because they have access to real data and they know where that data goes in the car files.

5. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I haven't tried iRacing (yet) but some say:), that it has advanced and matured tire physics. I know it could be just repeated claims often made by sim developers themselves(good example is SMS bragging about their SETA tire model in Project Cars 2 being the most advanced in the business). But at least for both of these sims users say it's easier and more forgiving than in earlier versions.

6. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Iracing has probably the worst feeling tyre model of any sim I’ve tried.
    The type of model it is,is an amazing feat,but the in game result it gives is very disappointing,there’s a new version coming this year,but I don’t hold out hopes for it

atomed and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  7. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

It's a bit of a moot point. The only valid question to ask is "How accurate are the models which interpret the data to simulate reality?"

You can have the most accurate data available but if your physics models are poor, it will result in poor physics.

To put things into perspective, science still struggles to model and predict fatigue within a significant error band (some 30-50%) in well understood metallic structures. This drives aircraft design and maintenance scheduling, with billions of dollars invested from large organisations (such as Boeing and Airbus) as well as Governments. This has been happening since the inception of metallic structural components in aircraft. We have accurate loading inputs but it's our limited scientific understanding and henceforth modelling that is the limiting factor, not the input data.

atomed likes this.
  8. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

You mean Corvette C& GT3-R from GT3 Power Pack?

9. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

No. URD.

10. bwana

bwana Registered

The Marrussia shows this very well now with improved tyres and inertia values

patchedupdemon likes this.
  11. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

for me a lot of car rf2 slides too much (skip barber unplayable, urd gte not enough grip etc...)

12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

hence the new tyre model.

13. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Hi Oldseb.

You find the skipbarber "unplayable" and low grip ?

I am surprise. Not for me. The only one car that I use which is difficult with the DEFAULT SETUP is the gasoline alley, but when I change the brake bias, the driving is challenging like other cars but pretty easy.

I use : ALL isi/s397 (not the kodi) + all enduracers cars slowmotion cars (gp3/metalmoro/abarth/palatov etc) + all postipate + all apex modding/yoss cars.

For me all cars are pretty easy to drive but some are very challenging.

I don't say I am the best driver in the world, lol.

But I am surprise that you find the skip not enough gripppy . Perhaps you compare with an other game ?

14. LokiD

LokiD Registered

i do think some of RF2 older cars, are a bit on the unrealistic side/hard for the sake of being realistic. The new gt3 cars and the radical i find are the more realistic rf2 cars have ever been, theres a limit that can be saved if driven correctly but still not forgiving, like PC2 or RR.

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I disagree. Unrealistic FOV and wrong FFB/steering angle are the reason`s many people are not able to handle cars like Skippy, Formula Renault 2010 etc. I can not imagine that GT3 cars has so much grip and so easy to drive in real life. ;)

16. LokiD

LokiD Registered

why do you think GT3 are open to amatuers/rich business men? You should listen to some gt3 driver vids on these sims. Again there is an issue in older cars tyre models, even the physics dev has come out and said as much..

FOV who cares your already trying to drive a virtual car using a flat screen and a plastic wheel.. You wont get close to real life however you gloss it .:)

Ive driven an open wheel with slicks and wings, you would be surprised at the grip it offers..

Please get out of the hard / slippery = realistic mentality.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Ace Pumpkin and patchedupdemon like this.
  17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Plastic wheel, you hurt my feelings and passion for simracing, I have Frex wheel and SimConMotion rig :(

bwana and LokiD like this.
  18. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I'm jealous of your rig :)

19. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I did not see anyone on this forum saying that, well, I think.

By cons many simracers like me like cars "challenging" or hard to drive (but not only obviously).

Louis, Mulero and bwana like this.
  20. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

On my T500RS, I have the worst wheel of the world : the "playstation" wheel with the playstation logo.

Believe me, it absolutely doesn't matter :
    1. You are totally accustomed with it
    2. When you pilot, you just don't think about : graphics/your playstation wheel etc.

Just to say ;)