Fanatec CSW V2.5 FFB Settings

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Nuno Fernandes, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Nuno Fernandes

Nuno Fernandes Registered

Hi, I have a Fanatec CSW V2.5 base. I can not find good settings. Could someone help me?

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

What settings are you having issues with?

3. Nuno Fernandes

I recently bought CSW V2.5 + CSL P1 for steering wheel.

I can not find good settings combining changes in the steering wheel and the game. I've tried it and the steering wheel is very hard in fast corners. In other simulators I have already achieved a better experience.

So anyone who has the same steering wheel can leave here their settings to try, thank you.

RF2 is my preferred simulator but I no longer feel a good experience with this base.

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

You might want to try reducing the force feedback strength in rFactor 2 under Options/Controls, have you tried that?

5. Nuno Fernandes

Decrease the car-specific ffb mult to 0.85.

What about the settings that change in the steering wheel?
    Here in this case is perhaps my biggest doubt on what to put.

6. bwana

bwana Registered

I run mine at
    Sen 0900
    FF 100
    Sho 100
    Abs off
    drl off
    For 120
    Spr 020
    dpr 020
    In Wheel properties in Fanatec software ,wheel angle at 540% (formula rim in tight cockpit)
    Dampening strength at 0%

not sure if its right or wrong but for me feels very good and as stated above set Car Specific FFB Multi to suit . I run it as high as possible before clipping occurs and my arms are aching bad after a good session..

Nuno Fernandes likes this.
  7. Magus

Magus Registered

Sorry to resurrect this thread but recently my CSWv2 went to Fanatec for repair and they were kind enough to replace the internals of the base and fit it with 2.5 internals. Now I noticed the difference in feeling straight away and now after running the Wheel check I see the wheel is linear when DRI = -05, this is in fact the default setting for the wheel according to the CSWv2.5 instructions. It also states that SPR & DPR should also default at 100 and only be reduced if clipping occurs.

I have always run my CSWv2 with DRI = 02 or 03 and SPR/DPR = OFF. Since getting the CSWv2.5 I intuitively dialled down the DRI = OFF but also left SPR/DPR = OFF too. But now after reading their manual and seeing defaults I may try DRI = -05 & SPR/DPR = 100 but playing in DX11/VR I can no longer can tell what is clipping. So just wondering, for those using the CSWv2.5, what settings are you generally using across rF2 and/or other games?

8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Interesting topic. I am running DRI: OFF and SPR/DPR:OFF. I reviewed the manual, but couldn't find where is it recommended to use SPR/DPR at 100?

Mibrandt likes this.
  9. Magus

Magus Registered

It's on page 28;
    6.3.7 FOR (force), SPR (spring), DPR (damper)
    FOR range: OFF 010 … 150 FOR default: 100 (%)
    SPR range: OFF 010 … 150 SPR default: 100 (%)
    DPR range: OFF 010 … 150 DPR default: 100 (%)
    These force feedback modifiers give you the ability to change the force feed-
    back signals of a game (only applicable if game uses these effects). In theory
    there are three types of signals which a game can send: Force (pushes the
    wheel into a special direction), spring (pulls the wheel towards the center) and
    damper (creates friction). Not every game uses all types of effects and some
    games even use only one type to create all different feelings. Using your tuning
    menu in the CSW you can increase or reduce these different effects individ-
    ually. To change the used and active value press up or down direction at the
    FunkySwitchTM of the Fanatec Steering Wheel or turn the FunkySwitchTM clock-
    wise / counter clockwise.

ede78 likes this.
  10. Magus

Magus Registered

So after some testing, I find rF2 is the only sim that the FFB feels more natural & informative with DRI=0 & SPR/DPR=OFF. So I've settled for the following settings on the CSW2.5 for the games I play most;
    (Drivers @ 900 degrees & 100% Dampening)
    rF2: SEN=AUTO / FF=100 / SHO=100 / ABS=85 / DRI=0 / FOR=100 / SPR=OFF / DPR=OFF
    AC (with LUT created on following settings & using FFB Clip maxtorque=7 / targetgain=1): SEN=AUTO / FF=100 / SHO=100 / ABS=85 / DRI=-2 / FOR=100 / SPR=50 / DPR=OFF
    R3E: SEN=AUTO / FF=100 / SHO=100 / ABS=85 / DRI=-2 / FOR=100 / SPR=50 / DPR=OFF
    PC2: Same settings as AC & R3E with Jack Spades stan lo comp DD file and adjusting the volume per car basis

Overall really happy with the upgrade from 2 to 2.5 & again a big thank you to Fanatec who repaired my 2.0 wheel which was out of warranty and apart from paying for the postage to them, they covered all the cost for the upgrade and return postage. That kind of service creates a loyal customer! :)

11. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

It would be interesting to get comment from the devs if game is communicating any DPR/SPR forces to CSW. Since going from 100 to OFF makes difference, it appears there are some forces communicated not only through FOR.

Magus likes this.
  12. Kevin Brookes

Kevin Brookes Registered

Just bought and installed my first fanatec csw v2.5, i will try these settings

13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

No reply from Devs :(

Greg Daniels likes this.
  14. Kevin Brookes

Kevin Brookes Registered

Current settings for me are:
    SEN auto
    FF 60
    SHo 0
    ABS 0
    DRI OFF
    FOR 100
    SPR 0
    DPR 0

Smoothing 0, Minimum torque 0.5, FFB multiplier 0.85

Dont know if this is nay good but feels the best to me so far, although im not really happy with it. The effect of kerbs with FFB above 60 literally ruins the driving line your on as it rips the wheel out of your hands almost, would be good to be able to reduce the kerbs/rumble strips effects to be honest. I believe its somewhere in the JSON file...?
    Would also be fantastic if i knew if i was clipping or not but have read theres no plugin for this yet...

15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I can definitely notice difference with DPR 0 vs 100 in rF2. I need to confirm it leads to same result on all vehicles (or not) but I suspect this force is not coming from the game and is simply an effect in CSW.

No difference in SPR 0 vs 100.

Magus likes this.
  16. Jarno

Jarno Registered

I have a problem with the CSW2.5 also.
    With some cars i have no connection with the road, everything feels very light and i slip easily because i almost can't feel the difference with grip or without grip.
    When braking into the corner i can't feel any weight transfer and i spin out easily
    I am driving a FWD car and the wheel is pulling hard if i switch gears within a corner.
    Also when going with two wheels onto the grass it pulls very hard, curbs the same thing.
    Now i can lower my car specific FFB multiplier any further (i drive mostly around 0,75-0,85) but at some point i feel even less but the hard FFB spikes/pulling is staying.
    I was reading a lot about editing the controller.json file but i haven't touched it, are there some settings i need to adjust here?
    My wheel settings:
    SEN:800 (same as car)
    FF:100
    SHO: off (i haven't got v3 pedals with motors)
    ABS: off
    DRI:-03 or -05
    FOR:100
    SPR:100 (can't feel any difference)
    DPR:100 (can't feel any difference)
    BRF:050
    FEI: between 000 - 030

Is somebody with the same wheel willing to share his controller.json file?
    Do i need to change the "Steering torque capability" to the same Nm as the CSW2.5?
    Any other tips are welcome!
    Thnx.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  17. DomB_Fanatec

DomB_Fanatec Registered

I'd like to create some Fanatec recommended settings for rF2 - it's something we have been working on internally and the plan is to have a solid resource for good 'baseline' settings on our own forum, but of course I will post it here too!

2ndLastJedi, SRGP, elcoco and 5 others like this.
  18. Jarno

Jarno Registered

I really look forward to this!!!

19. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

That would be great. I have a V2 CSW so if you are getting a list together it would be good if you could include something for the older hardware as well.:)

20. Greg Daniels

Greg Daniels Registered

Push Push...I really look forward to this!!!