Latest Roadmap Update - January 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwana

bwana Registered

The expensive version is for pro karters ( most likely moddable )and includes entry to the UK actual. E karting series, think of it as rfpro.for karting.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

The expensive version is a standalone software with all the 2018 karts and tracks,fully tunable for pro teams to use,not really intended for consumers like us I don’t think.

Pocisk and bwana like this.
  3. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

For the "real" HUD (with the new UI release), I really hope that it Will be ULTRA personnalizable.

2ndLastJedi and SPASKIS like this.
  4. Pocisk

Pocisk Registered

Please don't forget to improve anti cut track system. Professional leagues need this tool.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It's not for US folks...but professional teams. How much do you think rfPro costs? I don't think MOD is a term that applies to that product.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks for the Road Map, my thoughts:

New Trailer:
    Visually brilliant, captured most areas of the game (perhaps could of added something about AI seeing as it's one of - if not the best on the market), seeing the Historic content kinda pushes S397 to make sure that area is updated soon I hope. Music wise not so great, it started off well with the on car timing but then it kinda went quiet, there was no build up to an epic music event tied in with the visuals so it kinda left it feeling flat,just my opinion I'm no Steven Spielberg!

Performance:
    Yes Please and Thank You, any further optimisation is always welcome, happy to hear behind the scenes it's improved so I'm looking forward to the results.

Content:
    Portland sounds good, not sure I've driven that track before but will always welcome Free content, glad that Zandvoort update is coming soon.

HUD:
    I'm not overly fussed by HUDs personally as driving in VR I tend to have them off, but having said that it would be good if they are tuned to work with VR properly. Trouble is having to run lower Resolutions to "move" the current HUD in closer will probably cause issues with this new one, but we'll see.

Kartsim:
    Sounds great from the taster mentioned on Discord the other day & here, I'm not a huge Karting fan but I may well check this out and see what it's like. The Pro version sounds good for those that want/need it, but as already seen in this thread it's caused some confusion by those who cannot read properly or don't have English as their native language, I fully expect a meltdown on this until people realise!

Third Party Support:
    Not much to say, looking forward to what comes I guess, the community is already providing some great content so any extra is always welcome.

Laser Scanned Tracks:
    Again not overly bothered a track is a track to me however it's made by the Devs, such a massive fuss made about this in the Sim Community it really is laughable!

The Missing:
    Studio397 dropped AI Talent File support months ago and there is still no news on what is happening with this regard, do we bother to create and include it with Mods? Will something from S397 eventually overwrite it? If so When and What? It's a massive Limbo area for what is a big part of the AI Racing, some news on this please.
    Also what's happened to the UI? Lots of news about it last year but it seems to of falling silent, a long with the Multiplayer Online Infrastructure which was supposed to be early this year....silence is golden perhaps!

Jon, RoboCAT10, McKiernan and 7 others like this.
  7. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I'm just stoked the Historics got into the trailer...be so much more stoked if they get a bit more love.....;)

Ozzy, Guimengo, vittorio and 4 others like this.
  8. Mauro

Mauro Registered

9. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Great news, thank you Studio397! The video is awesome (I would work on the music though...)

It would be nice to have a structured roadmap, with ALL the topics mentioned earlier. (Why would we call it a map otherwise?) Even with some things "stuck" ('we had no time to do this', 'priorities changed for that'...).
    You might spare a LOT of time for the fans asking (and for you reading) the same questions all the time about "forgotten" features and developments.
    It would be great to have it on contents too, with a list of cars and tracks you are working or planning to work on.
    I think most of the fans don't need deadlines, and don't want to put any pressure on you, just want to know what is going on :)

Thank you in advance

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  10. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I’ve watched that video loads of times today,it’s shows off the great work that’s been done to rf2,it looks amazing

11. fbiehne

fbiehne Registered

Great to hear that Portland is coming, I love that track since the good old 90s Indycar times.
    Also good to see that a new and modern looking HUD is coming. Hope it will work in VR, too, and the boxes/elements can be dragged around. Imo the HUD elements in Iracing work perfect in VR and offer the most needed informations.

12. filippu

filippu Registered

Those laser scanned tracks, from both S397 and KartSim : are they truely precise laser scans a la iRacing or rFpro, or are they using the free stuff available online ?

13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

$700 AUD !

14. Comante

Comante Registered

"we have successfully scanned" mean that they acquired the data themselves. Otherwise they would have said "we have successfully downloaded free stuff floating around the web" . It just require to read what they wrote.

Tuttle likes this.
  15. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

That looks very similar to my old rF1 track. I don't mind people converting my old rfactor tracks, but it would be nice to give credit if they do.

Apologies if it is completely scratch built.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  16. filippu

filippu Registered

It doesn't give me the answer for KartSim tracks. The different wording makes me think that the tracks aren't really laser scanned.
    If they really are using free unprecise data, then it's a serious problem of false advertising from KartSim with the blessing of S397. I hope it's not the case, hence the question.
    So, Tuttle, since you are here, can you answer ?

17. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Hopefully there will be version of this HUD with speed/RPM dial on the side of the screen. Otherwise it would be useless for those (including me) that have monitors close to the wheelbases. It blocks the bottom center informations..

18. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I can only reply for what I know, and which is part of the Studio 397; the S397 track mentioned in the Roadmap is indeed a pro-laserscan.

Sebastien Sestacq and vittorio like this.
  19. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Portland is fantastic news. I remember some great races there back in the CART glory days and drove the fabulous Vanport a LOT in rF1. I'm not crazy about the modded corner since then but still, looking forward to it.
    Plus Zandvoort moving towards completion and another track too!

DaveS78 likes this.
  20. Mauro

Mauro Registered

in comments author wrote it's from scratch
    I don't know other

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.