Released Subscribe to the latest DX11 updated Content!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. LokiD

LokiD Registered

that made me lol

2. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

I meant desperation regarding the solution to the problem: of course I can ignore it: it's only apparent when I use the pits or when I drive by on the straight. BUT, it's a problem that should not be there, and I want to know why. I didn't build a new gaming PC for over €2K to have to put up with this kind of nonsense in 2018. I know it's only a first-world problem, but I want to know why, from a technical standpoint: in theory, with my system specs, it just shouldn't be.....

3. Filip

Filip Registered

Is it visible in mirrors? If not its a vampire. They are bigger and more dangerous than bugs.
    But this one is in flames as you can see because its day race so its harmless.
    But dont drive there at night!

lagg and patchedupdemon like this.
  4. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

If I send you a PM with my address, could you send me some of what you've been smoking? :D:D:D

5. Filip

Filip Registered

No but I can send you my laptop with rf2. No vampires in Toban. You send me your 2K rig and we're even ;):D

6. Magus

Magus Registered

@GuitarTech
    1. Have you tweaked anything in the player.json file? Maybe rename your one and let the game create a new one.
    2.Made any changes to Nvidia Inspector or Nvidia Control Panel, maybe try resetting the rF2 profile to default.
    3. Go to x:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations and delete the Toban folder and also ensure there is not an ISI_Toban folder in there too, then when you start the launcher it should reinstall Toban afresh.

Otherwise, I'm a little mystified as it's definitely something that is not present on my 980Ti which is the Maxwell chip like yours.

7. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

OK, here's a picture of my rig as a deposit :cool::D Screenshot (45).png

Filip likes this.
  8. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Those cables look like they are beint cooled nicely ;)

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This issue has been reported before and it is driver problem. Try to make clean install with DDU and see if it helps.

10. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

Tried 1. and 3. No change :mad: I don't use Nvidia Inspector, I just use the vanilla version of the drivers, with NCP configured to be controlled from the game. The drivers are the latest version, I updated the drivers two days ago, no change...Works fine in R3E, PC2, AMS, DR, and in fact with everything in rF2 (except Toban :( ) I give up......

11. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

That's Noctua fans for you :cool: In game temps: CPU 42°C, GPU 65°C, maybe 2-3°C more in a hot summer ( which is rare anyway here in north Germany :D )

12. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

I installed the latest Nvidia drivers two days ago. I only use the drivers themselves, without all the other toys they always want to install with the drivers. I always select custom install, and always select clean install. Up until now I've never had the slightest problem with Nvidia drivers, which was a refreshing change after 10 years of tearing my hair out flying MSFS with ATI drivers :eek:

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

There are two things in rFactor 2 which causes that radioactive clue you have in Toban
    1. Your Nvidia driver don`t work as it should.
    2. If you have only that radioactive clue in Toban you simply don`t have latest version of the track which is TobanRP_2016 version 1.1

So simple is that :eek:

14. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

I have the latest version, the last clean install was about 30 mins ago: TobanRP_2016 version 1.1 Sorry, but I'm not buying your theory with driver problems, after a clean install from vanilla Nvidia drivers two day ago ( version 390.77, release date 29.01.18, no tweaks ),how come the drivers work perfectly with absolutly everything I have on the computer, except Toban in rF2? It just doesn't make sense. I'll just put up with it, like all the other "features" in rF2...:D

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I don`t care if you buy my argument or not, you have the problem not me, and when you have latest version of Toban you have faulty driver. That radioactive clue has been reported many times in technical forums and solution to it is as I describe in post #256. This is typical user issue which is caused by the user him self who can not maintain his PC. :p
    If you still are struggling to maintain your PC and can not solve your problem, please make thread about it in technical forum section ;)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  16. Magus

Magus Registered

@GuitarTech

DDU
    is a piece of software that you run in Safe Mode that completely clears particles of your old drivers from your system. Instead of writing over drivers or using a windows uninstall, this is pretty much the standard practice for when updating drivers. It is definitely worth a shot if you have not done so already.

Just have the latest drivers ready (packed) on your PC. Get DDU and extract that to a known folder. Then start your PC in Safe Mode without networking and run the Display Driver Uninstaller.exe. I always go to the Options settings and under Nvidia Specific Options, I tick 'Remove "C:\Nvidia" drivers folders (NOT recommended). Then close that option box and run this programmed twice. Clean and do NOT restart. Then once that is complete run it Clean & restart.

Once it restarts you might want to disconnect your PC from the internet so Windows doesn't go and install drivers whilst you unpack the Nvidia drivers and install them yourself. When you install the drivers ensure you click the option, perform a clean install, and this way any Nviida profiles you may of inadvertently had will be reset.

ceecee and dadaboomda like this.
  17. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Thank's for the tuto.

But if we don't have any problems with the driver, using the normal way (use nvidia experience to update nvidia drivers), it isn't recommended to do this everytime ? In normal cases, we can trust the "normal system" ?

18. ceecee

ceecee Registered

The jury is out on that one. (and falls back on "if it is not broken, do not try to fix it).
    From a technical point of view, a clean installation using DDU in Safe Mode (in DDU menu) is advised but not obligated.
    If one has made custom settings for the video card then it is a good idea to back this up.
    In the case of AMD driver updates, one can choose a Clean Installation but DDU will always do a better job.
    Most video driver updates only contain fixes for new games but most of us do like to install a new released driver.
    Installing extra software like GeForce Experience or AMD Relive should only be done if this software is being used, otherwise they are unnecessary Windows startup programs and will use some Windows resources (not good if you are gaming).

Ari Antero likes this.
  19. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

I'm perfectly aware of what DDU is, but I haven't had to use it, thank goodness, since I had an ATI (now AMD), card, with their terrible drivers. Since I built a new gaming computer with Nvidia / Intel instead of ATI / AMD, I've never had any driver-related problems at all. I always use GeForce experience to install and always select clean install.
    Concerning my particular problem with Toban in rF2: I have DR, PC2, AMS, R3E and rF2 on my computer. I use Crew Chief and DashMeterPro. I have an SRD-9C data display. Altogether I have 6 USB devices running in the driving sims, and they all work perfectly: all my devices, all my addon tracks and liveries, EVERYTHING I have installed except Toban in rF2.
    My solution? Don't use Toban any more. I have no intention of jumping through hoops and using DDU in safe mode etc etc., because of one fictional track in one game. It just shouldn't be nessassary these days, we have 2018 and not 2008.

@Ari Antero: I see you're from Norway, and not a native english speaker. I am english, although I live in Germany. You might want to review your choice of words when replying to threads online, you come across as pretty rude and opinionated. I'll put that down to your lack of good english. Have a nice day :cool:

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Or maybe not. But if you don't try it you won't know, and no one's going to make a game that works perfectly on drivers that aren't right.

Ari Antero likes this.