Tyre Temps for Camber on Motec

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jefcam, Jan 15, 2018.

1. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Sparkis when i view a whole lap in motec i get confused. Do you use motec?
    Can i send you motec log and give me some tips?

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Upload it here and let's see the feedback you get. It will be interesting to read several people advice.

Be sure you enable all logging channels. I would personally appreciate if you used DAM plugin since it is more complete than regular motec plugin and allows checking for things like FFB clipping.

3. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Was not using the DAM Plugin. Now installed the Motec Pro and DAM plugin. Will do a log file this afternoon.

SPASKIS likes this.
  4. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    SPASKIS likes this.
  5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

upload_2018-1-21_20-1-10.png
    Left tires need more camber. They are almost even for both front and rear.
    Front right only needs a little bit more and rear right is quite OK.

Mid temperatures seem a bit low but your tires have not heat up completely so you would require a longer stint in order to better adjust them.

Modify tire pressure and watch for the effect so that mid temperature lays more or less in between inner and outer. My preference is to have them slightly hotter than average.

DA and JuanP006 like this.
  6. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Just to have more clarification. On which lap? place in track? you came to such adjustments to be made.
    thanks Jef

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The relative differences between Inner Mid and Outer temperatures are quite constant throughout the stint. You can observe that in the evolution graphs to the sides of the coloured instant plot which is from lap 4 where temperatures were about to reach stable values. The blue vertical dash indicates the moment in the evolution graphs.

As I said, I never pick a specific point in the track, I judge overall behavior. I just chose a point where temperatures are close to the average ones.

8. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

Spaskis, quick question. I have been using the ""Tyre Temperature" reading instead of "Rubber Temperature". I added "Rubber Temperature" and it is very different. I assumed it was going to be closer. "Rubber Temperature" seems to be more accurate. Is this the one we all should be using to get accurate tyre temps which will allow us to set camber and tyre pressures properly?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Juan

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It is the one I use. IMO an indicator needs to be stable enough in order to be usable.
    Others might use other channels.

10. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Spaskis in motec is there a way to calculate the average temps of let say a lap. The average of Inner Middle and outer?

And apart tyre info for what it can be used else? Ride height maybe

Thanks for your help

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@jefcam You can calculate just about anything you want. You can press M and have it show you the average of the displayed graph (so showing a lap will show you the min, max, average for that lap), you can also do channel reports for laps/stints. You can create your own maths channels that are an average of specific channel values.

Also, if you want you can only show the temperature for tyres/rubber when that tyre is being used in a corner by testing against lateral g-force, so you can end up with an average cornering temperature. Generally you're only limited by your imagination, plus a little technical info and trial and error setting up the maths expressions.

12. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

Thx for the reply Spaskis. The reason I am asking is because I am experiencing the same problem described in the thread below. When using a S397 GT3 Mclaren and checking tyre temps the outer is hotter than the inside even at maximum camber, which does not make sense. But the rubber temps show a different story and those are more realistic. I know it was asked in the thread below but I did not see an answer there, do you know why tyre temp readings are not accurate?

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/tire-temperatures-out-in-0-o.58079/

13. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Where is this "rubber temperature"? I can't find it :mad:

14. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Ciao Krusti
    1. deve avere motec pro + motec plugin: DAM Plugin
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/damplugin-for-rf2.49363/

2. poi dopo l-installamento deve entrare in gioco per il-file DAMPLUGIN.ini di comparire (immagine 1)
    3. poi aprilo e cambia i settings da zero a uno. (cosi il-plugin registra molta data) (immagine 2)
    4. poi apri un lap in motec e aggungi ic-channel dei rubber temps
    jef

immagine 1:

[​IMG]

immagine 2:
    [​IMG]

immagine 3 :
    [​IMG]

JuanP006, Lazza and Daniele Vidimari like this.
  15. Phillip Macey

Phillip Macey Registered

I know I'm resurrecting an old post here.
    I was wondering if it would be possible you could send me your Project for Motec as your calculations seem so much more in-depth then mine.
    Or if there is any other templates like this.

16. jakobdylan

jakobdylan Registered

I will appreciate to get it too .thank in advance SPASKIS

17. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Depends a lot on the tire models, and none of them behave like the real world. Whats crucial with MoTec is watching the rise on three points for each tire on the turns leading onto the longest straights on most tracks. When the three point rise is close to equal you've got it for that turn.