Honda Civic BTCC v1.99

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jayarrbee36, Jan 13, 2018.

1. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Well I tried lowering car specific FFB multi on G27, but that didn't change this weird behavior. As @mesfigas said it only happens in this car in RF2, but I will try other FWD race cars (also in different sims) to compare.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

yep lowering ffb strength doesn't change the effect.
    the effect is really strange its like during cornering i loose the feedback from the steering wheel.

3. Flaux

Flaux Registered

pkelly likes this.
  4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

if you have raceroom try the wttc civic in that. For me it feel in the same ball park however rf2 ffb is more over the top so to speak.. It s far too extreme although its giving the same feeling in both sims.

5. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Also the Copa Petrobrás de Marcas in AMS gives the same feeling, but in rF2 is too extreme. When i drive this Civic i usually switch on the traction control and active some centering damper in the Logitech profiler.

6. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

crap i deleted raceroom cause i was out of hdd space :(

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

pkelly likes this.
  9. Filip

Filip Registered

Can BTCC 2013 and road 2017 version be compared at all?

Daytona 675 likes this.
  10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Probably not. I posted the video because it explained how well the phenomenon.

Filip and mesfigas like this.
  11. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

No but logic states that once the limit of grip is exceeded for the tyres,the car will understeer.
    I can crank the wheel over and floor the throttle,spinning the tyres.and the car just gains more grip.
    Magic tyres ???

12. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I'm not even sure if the BTCC car has the same suspension as the road car from 2013...

I thought Spaskis video explains torquesteer and what can be done to compensate it quite well.

Edit: *g*

13. WSVR

WSVR Registered

No, all BTCC cars share a common subframe and suspension

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

yes, the frame must be a Honda, but, as we saw many years ago with Nissan, the Premera used a Judd engine badged as a Nissan.
    I suspect very little gets carried over any-more from the street car to the roadracing BTCC car. Much like Nascar of old, you started with a car bought off the showroom floor, but ended up with a stripped down shell. Now...I think only the Brand logo on the nose matches the street car.

15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Ok 1st of all thanks Spaskis........amazing explanation from the video.
    my answer start at 6.15 of the video where he starts to explain what happens when oy start cornering and you feel at your hands.
    everyone look at the video and start thinking why RF2 is magic.

SPASKIS likes this.
  16. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

Has anyone here driven a high-powered FWD car with LSD and sticky tires? What you feel in the TC Civic is fairly accurate once you consider the sticky tires and no power steering to lessen the effect. As for most road cars, there are often compromises to suspension geometry to lessen any torque steer that may otherwise be present.

17. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I only drove my own non-diff Civic Type R EP3, then one on semislicks for RCN races and the follow up FN2 with a limited slip diff.

They all had more or less torque steer. The diff made the biggest change in the newer one. It drags the steering into the corner on power. Not as hard as in rf2 but the effect is correct.

SPASKIS likes this.
  18. Filip

Filip Registered

I feel RF2 is sometimes forgiving in high slip angle situations, tires regain grip sometimes when they shouldn't due to sliding inertia?

19. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

The thing is the tyres on this car don’t lose grip to regain it,when I try to force understeer,the grip just keeps increasing.

It may just be a corruption on my end,but the experience I get from this car,both ffb and physics wise are backwards to every fwd car I drove in to and in any other sims.

20. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I'm not sure what's going on, but recent posts in this thread disappeared so I'm posting once more:
    Regarding FFB, it seems that overall it's not that bad after all(meaning still a little annoying, but otherwise pretty much accurate). However, torque steer (in particular pulling wheel to inside of a corner while accelerating) is exaggerated - at least in comparison to other sims. I wonder if any mod devs had access to real car to simulate FFB accurately.

Thanks guys for the FFB setting tips, especially @krusti - enabling full traction control (I have it disabled by default) and lowering FFB multi, helped mitigate the problem on my G27.
    Also enabling centering force in Logitech Profiler is nice hack to reduce torque steering effect, but I had to increase it significantly to eliminate it. This caused other problems like steering became too heavy overall, plus I had to remember to disable it for other cars.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    Daniele Vidimari likes this.