Honda Civic BTCC v1.99

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jayarrbee36, Jan 13, 2018.

1. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

A couple of quick observations about the latest version of this car:

1. The "new tyres" mentioned in the changelog have successfully fixed the Medium compound. It now exhibits normal behaviour and is just as driveable as the Soft. Thanks very much for that, S397. :)

2. There is, however a new, thankfully much smaller issue. The Dynamics cars have lost some of their logos, must noticeably the Dunlop logo in place of the front number plate. This is especially odd as the Pirtek cars still have theirs. Perhaps this can be fixed in a future update?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SPASKIS likes this.
  2. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

You're really a good observer.

3. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Lol, comes in handy sometimes! :D
    I hope the logo thing doesn't sound like nit-picking but it's definitely wrong.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

talking of the civic is there a good skin pack out there for these? i hate the look of some of them?!

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I can pass you one in my avatar... :)

6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

i was hoping more for a pack as i find RF2 way of doing any kind of modding is a PITA!

7. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Hi,
    I'm surprised no one mentioned that something is definitely wrong with this car's FFB. Specifically steering wheel pulls to the inside of the corner instead of turning to the outside when you get understeer.
    Also, can anyone please confirm it has it has the latest QSA model (or CPM - tire contact patch model, that is already applied for Radical and Formula E)?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    patchedupdemon likes this.
  8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

handling of this car was always strange it was like broken feeling of driving and ffb
    its really hard to explain it is just undriveable for me gives me a strange feeling.
    i always had problem with this car.
    i jusr cant drive it and its the only car from rf2 that i cannot drive
    anyone else has same problem?.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I have the exact same problems as you describe,tried all of three times and unsubbed it.
    Got told it’s the diff by one bloke,but I believe something is corrupt between my side and the mod.
    Otherwise everyone would experience the backwards behaviour

10. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

The FFB of this car is very strong, you have to lower a lot the ffb multiplier (for t500rs I put 0.55 I think).
    To avoid clipping.

I use the civic for the 72 km of Targa Florio.
    I really like the FFB of civic + clio (FWD) : perhaps you are right I don't know : can @S397 (@Christopher Elliott ) can make a clarification please ? Everything is OK ?

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It has been like you described from day one. If you throttle with moderate/high steering, FFB gets reversed.

I would expect it to happen for more extreme conditions. I have a Honda CR-V and the effect is perceivable in closed turns with elevated grip typical from a parking lot with antisliding paint.

Not so much time ago someone involved with real cars said it was not realistic. I'll try to find the post.

Here you have the post
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/car-physics-modding-for-dummies.55772/

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  12. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I do not have enough opinion to draw any conclusions.

The questions of the community question me.

But damn it, we can as usual discuss for hours, without absolute certainty :

---> Can we have by S397 a clarification on the quality and "veracity" of physics of the Civic?
    @ S397

More simple more quick.

13. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yeah the fwd civic has always behaved like that. You have to lower the ffb some to not have such an aggressive torque steer. But i agree, fwd ffb in this title isn't the best. I prefer racerooms, but I'm not sure if theirs is canned ffb or what, i really don't know anymore. I just try go on feel rather than true real to life numbers. If it feels real f&%$ numbers!

mesfigas likes this.
  14. Filip

Filip Registered

Off topic: there is a similar performance car - Seat Leon Eurocup mod which I find very nice done. Its ffb is more standard.

15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i m back...
    was driving the car in lime rock...
    physis are fine just the FFb is a bit strange....
    i mean the strength of the wheel while cornering the vehicle "change" rapidly.........
    the effect of the ffb change affects the way i drive and all of a sudden i find myself at the moment that happens to think that i have somehow at the edge of the apex to MUST change the force i hold my steering wheel............
    not sure if i describe the problem well.

16. Transyt

Transyt Registered

Well, I guess you mean when you turn to a certain degree and hit the gas, the steering wheel drag you to the diraction where you turn. And when you release the throttle, the steering wheel drag you to the opposite direction where you feel is the right direction. Well, to help you understand this, you have to understand why the steering wheel automatically turns to the center when driving (when you don't hit the gas). The presence of case angle makes the forward and backward forces exerted to the wheel not in the same stright line when you turn. And when the force and counterfoce are not in the same stright line, a torque is generated. For rear wheel car, the direction of such torque always tends to pull the car back to the straight line no matter whether you hit the gas or not. But for a front wheel car, things are different. When you let the car slide, the self-aligning torque feels the same as a rear wheel car. But when you hit gas during turning, the backward friction force that the ground exerted to the front wheels become forward (becaue the front wheels give the car power to go forward). And the forward force that the car chasis excerted to the front wheesl become backward (inertia pull the wheels back). Thus totally changes the direction of the torque. So you feel the steering wheel no longer pulls back to the center, instead, it drags you to turn. I hope you understand it now.

17. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

the effect i tried to describe happens only in this car.

18. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Ok take your care mmmmm real car to the nearest roundabout/island near your home,go round it at a constant speed,then floor the throttle,see what happens,I think you will find that the car understeers to the outside,and does not gain more grip and pull you to the inside like this car does.
    Unless this car has some magic trickery Diff that defies the law of physics,then I’m sorry I can’t agree with what you said,because my real life cars just don’t do what this does.

I’ve driven my mates civic type r 2017 and even that doesn’t do what this car does,so again does this car have some magic Diff

Let’s forget about the wheel being pulled to the inside,I’m on about the car gaining grip when in fact it should lose grip

19. Transyt

Transyt Registered

Well, as far as the ffb is concerned, my statements only explained why it feels that way in RF2. But real car takes more facts into sonsidaration such as where the joints of the front wheel and the front alxe are. The farther the joints leave the wheel, the less posibility the steeling wheel drag you to turn. At certain distance, throttle while cornering will no longer gain reversed torque. In fact, the joints must be very close to the front wheel to make a difference. So we don't see such FFB in real cars. Because if you buy a car behave like this, it could scare you to shit when in dangouse situation. Also, caster angle, turning angle, the acceleration, they all make differences.

20. Filip

Filip Registered