My experiencie today about DX9 vs DX11

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Suzukinol, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

I am going to talk you the experience I had today.

I was participating in a 6 hours race which had 50 cars in Road Atlanta. The mod used was GT3 from Apex.

Well... first hour was a disaster because I was having a lot of lags + spikes all the time. It was undriveable and graphic settings were in lowest because I had the same problems in the test races the organization did.

All of this happened in DX11. I am normally able to run Full Graphics in DX9 with no problems.

After the first hour having these problems, I desperately gave the car to a team mate and tried comming back to DX9. My surprise was that all my problems were fixed and I could keep racing till the end with 0 lags and spikes, 0 problems.

This is a serious problem, both builds (DX9 and DX11) were with lowest settings the game allows me and with edited player.json to allow less headlights and less meters in the mirrors view but the difference was that DX9 was running perfect and DX11 wasn't.

I hope you fix these problems in the near future because they are obvious DX11 problems.

I hope this experience will make people and developers to think about this.

See you.

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

I believe everybody by know is aware that you are having problems running DX11 on your system. There is no need to keep posting this every day unless you have more detailed information about your system specifications, the configuration you use in rFactor 2 and specific tests that show your problem (accompanied by performance traces we can inspect).

Clemenca, Goanna, toebee and 3 others like this.
  3. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

I just wanted to share the experience I had today because spikes problems are bad but when it happens in a race you trained and prepared during 2 months it feels different.

I will try to post here some logs so you can investigate them

4. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

System Specifications:

Graphic Card: R9 280
    CPU: A6 overclocked to 3.5 ghz
    RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1333

Configuration in Rfactor 2: I can use high-full graphics in DX9 but in DX11 it doesn't matter if I go with minimun or not, it has lags and spikes. Going with minimun (lowest settings and 6 visible vehicles) helps a little but not too much. I also noticed that if you disable Anti-Aliasing and V-Sync, it gives me more lags and spikes which should happen exactly the opposite. Replay Off, disabled agressive threading, disabled post processing, 60 hz.

RoboCAT10 and Marcel Offermans like this.
  5. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

As @Christopher Elliott stated in the previous thread, we are investigating this. It will take some time.

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Is it not the case that your cpu is a huge bottleneck? Having a tougher job even (and necks even more) with DX11?
    Aside from the other topic where there was stated "if it runs DX9, it should run DX11 just as easily". Aside from that being very short sighted, I -with limited knowledge of pc systems- can imagine that if something is addressed in a different way; a slight problem that always was there but never was visible, now just gets (very) visible.

7. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Thank you very much for this.

8. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Do you want the server trace?

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Wishmaster This sounds like a client side problem, so I don't think a server trace will be beneficial. That would perhaps be different if many/all clients had experienced similar issues, but I don't think the OP is blaming the server at all.

10. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I would like to know if you are able to run smooth some other sims as well. The A6 is an APU built for office work, of course it struggle in gaming. It's way less powerful than my FX 6300 with which i have problems sometimes in rF2, and often with AC and PJ2. That's why i've ordered an i7 6700k (well, not exactly lol, but is impossible to drive and recording/streaming with my FX).

However, run the rF2 launcher and check if in the tab "gpu" there is your R9 280 and not the integrated one.

11. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

Yeah, I can run Assetto Corsa and F1 2017 perfectly. I also checked that I have R9 280 choosed in the rF2 launcher a lot of times.

I will try to share logs later.

12. Oskart

Oskart Registered

I had an a6 6800k at default frequency with a r9 270 and it was a mess, it couldn't run f1 2012 more than 40fps, I changed it for a i5 4570 and it worked at 130fps at ultra graphics settings.

13. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

@Suzukinol

Have you tried this ? (From another thread)
    With that, CPU will work strongly better (I experienced this, it is like day and night).

"I am not a seller from bitsum.

But try this, sure 100% that it will be strongly better :

- Buy (not free) "process lasso PRO" (1 MONTH TO REFUND, no excuse ;) :

Configure a profil

*Strongly prioritize RF2 process + rf2 high performance process + optimise virtual memory + put "bitsum performance power profile" etc etc.
    *Put the lasso process on : "normal"
    *Put all important process like system processes + overclock process + fan process etc. on "less than normal" and e/s priority to low. (etc : you will see)
    *ALL other process in very very low priority.

Sorry I am not behind the PC and it is difficult to explain in english.

Check everytime this settings when you play rf2 (important. when rf2 is loaded, come back to windows and check lasso).

- Buy CPU park lasso (1 MONTH REFUND)
    choose the profile "bitsum high performance", and let the software optimize.

Windows :
    - Optimize virtual memory (web tuto)
    - Close DEFENITELY EVERY windows services/process according to web tuto (deactivate in closing your eyes) (web tuto, "msconfig"
    - Close every other process (not drivers.... not fans/overclocking, not your wheel driver)
    - When you open rf2, close antivirus.
    - There is 2-3 register optimizations (see web tuto)
    - Very important even with SSD : uninstall (Almost) ALL software (yes yes, it is a compromise........)
    - Deactivate all (or almost) windows functionalities (configuration panel, see on the web)
    - Windows "visual effects " : ajust to obtain better performance.
    - Deactivate : allow indexing the contents of files on this drive
    - Make a windows error checking
    - Ccleaner free software
    - See web tuto : there are a LOT of folders/files to delete MANUALLY (all software that you have uninstall 5 years ago let some folders/files......
    - Delete the files from some folders like "temp" etc (you have to see a web tuto)
    - Almost all your user files, cut and copy on other drive/usb etc or delete. (documents, movies, pictures, music, et.
    - Delete all shortcuts unnecessary especially on the office and task bar.

Trust me for Lasso and refund if you want".

14. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

I can run F1 2012 100 fps ultra

15. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Something running 152% slower than a reference would show negative figures.

Ari Antero likes this.
  17. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

now look who we have here. if you nitpick, it does indeed. the I5 has much more power than the a6. and even the i5 is not a spaceshuttle in rf2.

18. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Shall I be the one to say it than? I think its all a lot of bullcrap from someone with a cpu from a century ago that wants a game like rF2, in DX11, running 200 fps with 300 AI and all settings high.

In the former topic, he didn't respond anymore and what he responded was done with: "DX9 Works perfect 50 Cars. DX11 isn't. Its not my computer. End."
    That is the way he responds to help.....
    Possible solutions handed to him are not answered to.
    Filing a bug report; not done.
    If a topic doesn't go his way; new one.
    Log; not filed.
    Running other games in 100 fps, running rF2 DX9 smooth; I don't believe it, end.

Ernie, Paul Stante, F1Aussie and 2 others like this.
  19. stonec

stonec Registered

CPU is not necessarily a bottleneck, I have plenty of headroom with Ctrl+C in-game bar using an overclocked i5-750 from 2009. But it would help if OP specified what his CPU is, there are dozens of A6 variants. And he overclocked his A6, so you have to take that into account as well.

Zeh Drei Peo and Ari Antero like this.
  20. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

Why should I buy a new CPU just because they don't know how to optimize their DX11 Build?

Motherboard = 100 - 150€
    CPU = 200 - 250€
    RAM (DDR4 only) = 80 - 100€

Total price = 380 - 500€

Really? Do I have to spend 500 euros because DX11 isn't optimized after 4 years driving rFactor 2 with no problems?

I won't buy anything because I can run Full in DX9 and I can run Assetto Corsa Ultra 80 - 100 fps... so... Its not my problem that I can run Full in DX9 and I can't run lowest in DX11. There must me some bugs or optimization problems that is making DX11 not working good in some systems and sadly it touched me.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.