DX11 Freezes CPU minilags

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Suzukinol, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

Its undriveable. I tried in some servers or offline and its a mess that with only 11 cars in Sao Paulo GP I start having some CPU microlags.

Came back to DX9 and it was all fixed.

Please fix this.

2. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

You have to fix..

1. Look in task manager or resource monitor for processes using too much CPU, and kill them.
    2. Use core parking manager to remove windows automatic cpu usage control.

3. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

Yeah I know, its not a PC problem, its just the DirectX. DX9 works perfect, DX11 works with CPU microlags and unstable fps, no matter the graphic settings I use (which is the biggest problem)

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I don't understand why some people reply to threads kicking balls elsewhere when it is being clearly said that DX9 is working OK.

ede78 and RoboCAT10 like this.
  5. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Because i had the same problem, Fine on dx9 and freezing on dx11. Core parking solved for me.

Maybe dx11 consumes more CPU?

SPASKIS likes this.
  6. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah, DX11 consumes in my experience more CPU, which in theory is a good thing as it could mean more FPS. I run DX11 fine with an overclocked i5-750 from 2009, so clearly it must be related to core parking, throttling or CPU not running at full clock.

ucfquattroguy likes this.
  7. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

In 5 years of RF2, the OC CPU or not has never had a problem.

Since DX11 V1, the CPU has a lot of difficulty.

With graphics set significantly lower than before (full hd VS 4K ... circuit detail, texture detail = high instead of full, anisotropic X8 instead of X16, time scale on "OFF" instead of X10 etc etc. etc etc ........

Nothing has changed at the OC level, cooling, parameterization and optimization windows, same cars (only ISI / S397) same track and track version (LS nordschliefe)...

Just to finish because I do not have time to write in detail :

The biggest bad news in DX11 V1 is the use of AI (low quality) that destroy the performance and especially the CPU.

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

OK. Thanks for the clarification. It makes quite a difference since it confirms the "issue". Sorry for being critic to your post.

So apparently as latest post suggest DX11 is more CPU demanding. Considering the effects I understand it shall be reviewed.

I wonder if we can assume the solution you propose as the official one. @Christopher Elliott

9. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

No problem.

10. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

Well that is certainly encouraging, as that's the exact CPU I'm currently running.

11. ceecee

ceecee Registered

I completely agree with the DX11 loss in FPS (I am losing about 20-25% against DX9).
    The CPU Parking is interesting to test, can someone link to some better info ?
    However, it would be a lot easier if forum members could list their computer specs in their profile, this would help others get a better picture in comparison to their own computer setup.

12. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

I have already tried everything: core parking, avast antivirus, ccleaner, temp files deleting, less windows 10 effects, etc...
    Its basically doing the same. No matter which settings I use in-game, I have CPU microlags and sometimes big CPU lags which make the game totally undriveable. I already tried everything: updating graphic card drivers, setting the windows 10 to high perfomance, etc...

DX9 was fine, DX11 isn't, its as easy as that. I won't never understeand how on hell I can move F1 2017 in high graphics 60 fps with 24 cars and I can't run rFactor 2 DX11 with no matter the settings I use...

Finally, this is the only game that doesn't let me to set V-Sync or Anti-Aliasing manually in the AMD software. All the things I try to change there doesn't affect rFactor 2 so I have to use the crap V-Sync and anti-aliasing system included in this game.

Embarrasing.

13. AMillward

AMillward Registered

CPU usage in DX11 has gone up since about September/October when I started having issues. (FX6300, 1050ti, 8gb RAM) as I now struggle to run a 26 car V8 Supercar grid now (fine before as I've done two long distance races 'on camera' at Adeleide and Ipswich as well as Donnington, Symmons Plains and Bathurst) and now it's touch and go as to whether or not the CPU spikes. I've yet to test on latest build although the 'set graphics card from Auto to actual card' trick seems to reduce it a little.

People need to understand that DX11 Beta is exactly that. A BETA. There's going to be issues and dropping graphics settings won't reduce CPU load.

Edit, how save is the CPU parking 'fix'? I might give it a go.

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It is not beta anymore. It is the default option.

15. AMillward

AMillward Registered

dx11.jpg
    I was recording yesterday and it still says I'm running the beta (see image), unless I'm still opted in on steam or something.

16. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Buy process lasso + cpu parking lasso.

With very strong optimisation of my computer (now an "rf2 computer" only), I don't have any fps or lag problems.

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

If you get out of betas, dx11 will be the one that will be used. When you select dx9 it appears "rfactor2 deprecated dx9 graphic engine please upgrade to dx11 "

18. AMillward

AMillward Registered

So next time I fire up my computer should I click 'opt out of betas' to ensure I'm in the latest available version? I'm at work and while steam is on my work pc (for video rendering work for the company) I don't have rf2 installed... Anymore...

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Yes. That way it will always update to latest version when it is released.

ede78 and AMillward like this.
  20. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Awesome, thanks! maybe I'll see a performance increase. You never know!