[REL] CarStat 2.3 - A Question Of Setup

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lukas Lichten, Oct 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Very nice job!

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Is it possible to pull in what type of brakes disks are used ie steel, carbon, ceramic etc...liking what you've done so far.

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

If I am not wrong, you can only specify its characteristics. Which is friction vs temperature behaviour and wear properties.

Why would you prefer knowing the compound?

It is the same as tires you can call them what you want but they will behave according to the parameters being used.

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I don't need to know what tyre compounds are, but they've been split to hard, medium, soft etc and all have their optimal operating temps, thereby giving me something to help diagnose my driving style. In the same vein I think it would be good to know what type of brakes I have...that's why I was asking if it was possible to pull that data into the app.

5. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

I am sorry, but the material out of which brakes are made is not available, these are all the stats available for brakes:
    General settings defined for all discs:
    Code:
    BrakeDuctRange=(0.0, 1.0, 1)    // brake duct range
    BrakeDuctSetting=0              // brake duct setting
    BrakeDuctDrag=(0.001)           // effect of brake duct setting on drag
    BrakeDuctLift=(0.001)           // effect of brake duct setting on lift

Code:
    RearBrakeRange=(0.30, 0.005, 61) // Rear brake balance fraction
    RearBrakeSetting=28
    BrakePressureRange=(0.60, 0.02, 21)
    BrakePressureSetting=20
    HandfrontbrakePressRange=(0.0, 0.1, 1) // enable for front brake paddles
    HandfrontbrakePressSetting=0
    HandbrakePressRange=(0.00, 0.05, 1) // Hand brake pressure. Handbrake4WDRelease represents the
    HandbrakePressSetting=0        // handbrake value where the center diff will be completely disconnected.
    Handbrake4WDRelease=2.0        // Start disconnecting at half this value, range is 0.0 (disconnect immediately with any handbrake) to 2.0 (default value, which will never even partially disconnect)

This is specified for each wheel:
    Code:
    BrakeDiscRange=(0.020, 0.000, 1) // disc thickness
    BrakeDiscSetting=0
    BrakePadRange=(0, 1, 2)        // pad type (not implemented)
    BrakePadSetting=1
    BrakeDiscInertia=2.029         // inertia per meter of thickness
    BrakeResponseCurve=(-130,265,560,1065) // Cold temperature in Celcius (where brake torque is half optimum), min temp for optimum brake torque, max temp for optimum brake torque, and overheated temperature (where brake torque is half optimum)
    BrakeWearRate=1.2e-11          // meters of wear per second at optimum temperature
    BrakeFailure=(0.0125,7.0e-4)   // average and variation in disc thickness at failure
    BrakeTorque=1401               // maximum brake torque at optimum temp
    BrakeTorqueAI=1381             // Different brake torque for AI, as they are not currently affected by cold or faded brakes
    BrakeHeating=0.00127           // heat added linearly with brake torque times wheel speed (at max disc thickness)
    BrakeCooling=(0.0176,1.47e-4)  // minimum brake cooling rate (base and per unit velocity) (at max disc thickness)
    BrakeDuctCooling=1.2e-4        // brake cooling rate per brake duct setting (at max disc thickness)
    BrakeGlow=(550,900)            // Temperature range (in Celsius) that brake glow ramps up

All data comes from the skipbarber and his hdv file from the ModDev folder of every rf2 install

6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

No problems, thanks for looking anyway.

7. Mee

Mee Registered

Nice work TheLichten! I can see CarStat is in very good hands :).

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've seen several requests for brake construction these past few days.
    Could someone perhaps make a quick chart that displays the approximate optimum heat ranges for Steel, ceramic, carbon etc? So we users have some understanding? And then to car builders...in the setup notes, could it be possible to list items like optimum brake/tire temps etc?
    thanks all

9. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

Would it be possible to also have the info on what driver aids the cars use in real life like traction control and ABS. Be good info so as you can have the cars as close to real life.

10. momoracer

momoracer Registered

This type of information should be in-game in the car selection menu instead of a sad single picture of the car (the general one I mean)

[​IMG]

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Actually information can be added (by modder/creator) in the garage setup menu (Notes). Its not the best way to show it proper, but better than nothing.

rf2_notes.jpg

Hopefully something will come with the new UI....

//Edit:
    forgot to mention, in the car tuning menu you can select "Car Specs" and allready added information are shown in "Technical Data", if they were added by the modder/creator of the mod.

rf2_notes_tuning.jpg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    SPASKIS likes this.
  12. momoracer

momoracer Registered

Well that's something, but there should be a "realistic mode" as I described here so you don't need to change your settings everytime you change your car:

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ets-you-move-from-h-to-seq.59030/#post-930419

Do rf2 devs actually browse this forum and implement suggestions?

I think it's insane that this idea hasn't been done yet.

13. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

The CarStat is a useful viewer of car features in RF2 mods. However, it could be more useful this tool if it could be a real editor....for example modifying engine power/torque like was possible with RF1 Physivs Editor.
    Just noticed anyway that actually the power value of engine in carstat is lower of 23 hp than the real one.Consequentelly, also torque values are too low respect what they should be.
    One question: tyre wear/grip etc showed are those in tgm?
    Thank you so much for Carstat

SPASKIS and Guimengo like this.
  14. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

A long time ago... over 5 months, since the last update.

And here is CarStat 2.3.0. Was the wait worth it? Let's find out!

The Real Star of the Update is the Setup Tab:
    [​IMG]

Yes, you can adjust setup values in CarStat. And not only of the Suspension, but also the Suspension
    [​IMG]

and every nearly every other setting. This is only scratching the surface and I will extend this feature in the future.
    But not only that, but you can also load your own setups into CarStat and you can save them.
    For this CarStat has now a SetupManager:
    [​IMG]

This extremely powerful tool allows you to bring order into your chaos. And if you have no chaos, then it allows you to find and copy setups way quicker then searching for the correct folder ingame, or allow you to import and export setups significantly faster then opening up the folder in Explorer.

But there is loads more, and if I would show you everything with screenshots, then this post will never end.
    So here a few honorable mentions (the full list of additions and fixes in the changelog):
    -Added more info to the General Tab, in form of Driver-Aid Weight Penalties, Vehicle Size and physics filenames
    -Introduced a set of default values, which are used as filler for incomplete mods. This data is filled in under the user digression.
    -The Settings have been moved into a dedicated options menu, which can be found in the same place as the settings were
    -Added Button to jump back to the CarStatSelector (aka Game Selector)
    -On startup CarStat will check if a new version is out and gives you the download link. You can also get the download link out of the About Window (Only if a new version is out)
    -Added Engine Wear x2 values and fuel consumption per minute estimates to the Engine Tab
    -Several Bug fixes

A Lot More:
    Code:
    2.3.0 - A Question Of Setup
    -Added Setup Creation Tap
    -Added Notification on Startup if there is a new version, with a download link
    -Added Setup Manager (Found in the toolbar under others), which allows you to search, copy, move and delete your setups
    -Added Info for Weight Penalties with driver AIDs.
    -Added Info on Wheelbase of a car
    -Added Info about the file names of the files used for cars
    -Added start up parameter -mode to allow you to open CarStat fr a certain game, without overwriting your autostart. Available options: -mode rf2, -mod rf1, -mode gtr2
    -Added Button to return to the CarStat Selector (Game selection window)
    -Added the Options menu, and moved all options there
    -Added Fuel per minute (very rough number)
    -Changed the Description of Optimum Oil Temperature
    -Made the Open Checked Car(s) button in the Vehicle Selector displaying Loading... while a car is loading.
    -Fixed the Engine Graph a bit more by implementing TorqueCurveShift and Overpressure scaling (5th rpmbase value)
    -Fixed Extra Engine Friction not refreshing the Labels correctly.
    -Fixed a potential bug of the hdv not being found
    -Fixed Fahrenheit causing exceptions when creating the brake graphs
    -Fixed a lot of mods by adding default values for missing property's
    -Fixed DW12 steering lock value being now displayed
    -Fixed boost being defined outside of the engine file (DW12)
    -Fixed Woochoo's Endurance Carset breaking the engine graph
    -Fixed Multiview not deleting the car icons out of the temporary files
    -Fixed using different Games in carstat deletes the saved Game Location (at least for rf2 to rf1/GTL, not rf1 and GTL)
    -Brought Engine Values for the BT55 a bit closer to reality, but it is still very bad

GPNeville, ADSTA, Juergen-BY and 14 others like this.
  15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Holy cow. Thanks a lot!!!!

16. VirusGR42

VirusGR42 Registered

Who knew you could fit so many usefull stuff in 7.7MB! Thanks quite a lot!

17. philrob

philrob Registered

lovely work, it just gets better, many thanks.

18. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I've only just scratched the surface but this looks like an excellent tool, thanks.

I spotted that the date sort in Setup Manager is sorting numerically, not by date (in the UK anyway):

CarStat.JPG

Also there are a couple of units that need translating for my British brain - kPa : PSI; N/mm : lbs/in

19. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

Impressive work!
    An additional thing: manually editing the .plr file it is possible to set damper units to N/m/s instead of unitless clicks, would it possible to show both at the same time in the app?

Wozza_UK and SPASKIS like this.
  20. Tamas Vargyasi

Tamas Vargyasi Registered

Whats wrong?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and still loading and loading. Nothing shows up.