Released Latest 1109 Build Updates

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

This thread will be to announce minor updates. I will update the top post whenever we release an update

LATEST

19/01/2018
    Steam Build ID 2445683
    Dedicated server SteamCMD Build ID 2441877
    • Fixed undercar ambient shadows showing on non-visible cars.
    • Fixed undercar ambient shadow glitch on some tracks.
    • Fixed rare case of abnormally low FPS on some third party WIP content.
    • Removed undercar ambient shadows in rear view mirrors when car is not rendered.
    Note: Dedicated Server does not need to be updated
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    16/01/2018
    Steam Build ID 2441875
    Dedicated server SteamCMD Build ID 2441877
    • Fixed Dedicated server CPU usage
    Important Note: Please make sure and update your SteamCMD Dedicated server by running the command again in terminal.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    15/01/2018
    Steam Build ID 2438696
    Dedicated server SteamCMD Build ID 2438698
    • Fixed join lag in multiplayer.
    • Updated language files (to avoid crashing when the LSI screen was active).
    • Fixed wipers on/off in replay.
    • Fixed rain in cockpit in MP sessions.
    • Fixed V-sync software with 'custom resolution' (Config_DX11.ini).
    • Fixed TCP Matchmaker error message in the dedicated server UI.
    • Added an all new ambient undercar shadow: more stable, reliable, and clearly visible even at night. The shadows can no longer clip through the ground, nor are they visible on the ground below a bridge when a car drives over that bridge. This new tech requires no intervention from content creators. We automatically remove the current undercar art and replace it with the new system. On subsequent updates, content creators can remove the old artwork.
    Important Note: Please make sure and update your SteamCMD Dedicated server by running the command again in terminal

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Adrianstealth, SRGP, Aceking and 24 others like this.
  2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

THIS.
    I almost cried when I read it. After almost 10 years playing rFactor series. This annoying bug has been finally addressed.

These are the type of things that can change people's perception. I am extremely impressed by latest announcements. They really are a truly declaration of intentions. My sincere congrats to everybody working for S397.

knackko, Aceking, dylbie and 14 others like this.
  3. SteveK

SteveK Registered

There is still the a bug with the new ride height values for the HUD. It shows just a static value when driving.
    When switching to AI control, the values are dynamically changing and everything work and shows the correct value. Hope this will be fixed in the next update. :)

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I never had this join lag, then decided to reinstall rF2 last week and it appeared lol hopefully it's fixed now

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I might have understood incorrectly. I understood it referred to the freeze/lag effect that those who are driving suffer when another driver enters the server.

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That's what I'm talking about, I never had this join lag till last week when I reinstalled rF2.

7. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Prior to update we had 4 servers running with total server CPU load at 70-80% . Since the update 3 servers puts CPU usage up to around 95% and trying to run the 4th kills the whole show. Currently each server is using around 28% of CPU, so does the latest sever update use more CPU than previously?

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

This is an extremely minor point but since vehicles are being updated, would the team consider assigning the different types of temporary vehicles to the appropriate cars? Currently it's always that blocky sedan while the game supports varied shapes. It would be especially helpful for karts and open-wheelers.

Ernie and bwana like this.
  9. Carr

Carr Registered

Anyone else experienced a significant performance hit with this update? I have a very noticeable drop with a 4770k and 1080.

10. Carr

Carr Registered

Can also confirm what Goanna said about server CPU usage, way too high and not maintainable at all. Was seeing 100% with only 1 server when we could run 5 prior to update.

Goanna likes this.
  11. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

Can verify similar, if not worse hit to performance than Carr.
    Pre-update - 150+ FPS
    Post-update - 15-40 FPS with mainly sitting around 22FPS
    Notice one CPU core sitting at 100%
    Does not matter whether windowed, full screen or borderless.
    Tried deleting CBASH and Shaders.
    Tried removing user data folder
    Tried verifying cache.

Amanda Santini likes this.
  12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

If performance problems are confirmed, should it be rolled back to previous build?

Can we select the old dx11/dx9 build under rF2 properties? I don't think so.

We have a championship opening event tonight and if problems are confirmed it could be a mess.

13. Depco

Depco Registered

Our server is also seeing much higher CPU usage (60%). And with no drivers on the two server instances we are running. Each instance is using 30% CPU cycles. But all 4 cores are being utilized almost equally so that is nice to see. It is not one or two cores being used only. Hope there is a fix for this as our GT3 Championship is starting its point run on Sunday and we already have enough problems without the server being overly taxed with high CPU usage.

Would a physical restart of the machine help you think? Maybe I should try.

14. stonec

stonec Registered

Server subjectively seems to use more CPU. Absolutely no difference in CPU usage or FPS in single player, my graphs look exactly the same. I suspect some of the issues are from old bugs with fullscreen not working properly unless alt-tabbed and iGPU used instead of dedicated GPU in "Auto" setting in config.

15. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Didn't help in our case....Christoper just said on discord that they are going to look at dedi CPU usage

Eddy likes this.
  16. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Why not come here and let all these people know as well

nipzon likes this.
  17. Christopher Elliott

Can you send us your full specs please and a couple of performance logs?

18. Christopher Elliott

This,
    Can those of you having performance drops please make sure your iGPU is not selected in Launcher config and also try another mode: Windowed or Borderless if using fullscreen.

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Does this mean that servers using steam CMD should be fine and the ones being affected are using steam client?

Or this is only for those having fps issues?

20. bwana

bwana Registered

Are you saying to use ‘auto ‘ rather than our own GPU ? I selected my GTX 1070 and ran 99% of everything maxed out and it ran great with 36 flat6 at Matsuka day/ night transition and intermittent rain single screen set at full screen and bottomed out at 74fps but mostly either side of 100 . Could l expect better with Auto GPU ?