Assign Received Setup Folder

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Yoeri Gijsen, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

I'd love to be able to receive people's setups in a folder of my choosing, rather than having to scroll down an endless list of tracks in alphabetical order to find where the R and therefore Received folder is located.

wrxxy likes this.
  2. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Out of curiosity, would you select a folder you'd then want to use all the time (I guess not, since you kind of end up back where you started, though I suppose at least you could name it such that it's at the top), or have it prompt/ask you when you get sent a setup (maybe not practical, you could be driving), or just throw it in the folder for the current track, which is probably where you're loading your other setup(s) from?

I just began half thinking a plugin might be able to do the last one, but now I think about it I don't think a plugin can see which folder is current.

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I would suggest to eliminate received folder and instead use the actual folder of the track in use. Much more practical IMO.

DJCruicky, Pauli Partanen and nipzon like this.
  5. lagg

lagg Registered

If we delete the received folder, do we receive the setups in the current folder?

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The suggestion was intended for S397 so that they changed the place where the received setups are stored.
    I understand that if you delete it, the game will create it again. Like if you delete the whole userdata/player folder.

lagg likes this.
  7. lagg

lagg Registered

Yes, i think the same.
    I didn't understand you well.

SPASKIS likes this.
  8. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

For my personal use, I'd create a folder named something like "1_Received" that would show on top of the folder list and work with that and have received setups store into that folder automatically.

I already do this for cars - which I prefer to filter by then by track - naming a folder "1_GT3" and storing all my GT3 setups there. For me that way I have all relevant setups bunched up.