3 main achievements that you expect the most in the next 4 months

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dadaboomda, Nov 25, 2017.

1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

You did not understand my last post :).

I do not hope for a second that the performance is BETTER than dx9. Just that it is roughly equivalent to the same graphical effects / equivalent resolution / AA is almost equivalent (difficult to know precisely at what level AA corresponds AA level 5 under dx9) / the same values of algorithms various (eg real time) etc etc. with the same car, the same circuit, at the same time with the same weather.).

In short absolutely everything of the same. The difference in FPS with almost equal visual quality on all aspects is enormous. Really huge. We can not surely realize with a recent GPU has more than 500 euros nevertheless ... still happy. What I approach (and the guy just before) the "new graphics engine" has been the opposite of a "healthy", powerful and optimized graphics engine.

As the stable and constant fluidity is a PRE-REQUISITE for a real simulation, this expectation is at once urgent and especially totally legitimate.

And because you misunderstood my message I say again :

No one here looking to have a performance better than dx9, just a performance ***roughly*** equivalent to similar visual quality.

I hope I have explained better here.

2. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

What do you mean about rendering system dx11 ?

Man, you are the FIRST guy here who wants aquaplanning... totally totally agree. With my script I have ~30% rain.... 30% of the time without a realistic "rain realroad".

lagg likes this.
  3. lagg

lagg Registered

I'm referring to a system to "paint" on the screen with DX11 (Trackmap, Deltabest, etc).
    I do'n use this plugins, but a lot of people remains in DX9 because of this

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you speaking for other people?

tpw said: "the substantial leap in performance that DX11 was supposed to bring"

That doesn't sound like what you're saying. Maybe that's what he actually meant, but you don't know that any more than I do.

5. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I thank your "critic" was for me.

6. tpw

tpw Registered

Lazza, I was probably projecting a little bit. To my mind one of the key points of the transition to DX11 should have been a performance improvement, along with VR and Post Processing. For a non trivial number of users the performance has actually suffered, with reduced framerates and stuttering and falling out of real time using the same cars/tracks/settings that gave smooth performance under DX9.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've never assumed that increased graphic demands upon a system would result in Higher framerates. Too many years of reading the beta interviews of Papyrus products that almost always claimed the fps should improve on the final release once the code was optimized. The only thing that ever improved Papyrus/Sierra Indycar/Nascar/GPLcar framerates was a better computer.

8. bwana

bwana Registered

Agree , the servers showing fake numbers turned many away even though the topic had been raised many times, ‘those’ servers did nothing to change it . Filter is hopefully part of new UI

Ari Antero likes this.
  9. stonec

stonec Registered

As long as they use the Steam matchmaker, it might not be possible to solve. Automobilista has exactly the same issue, only difference is you can see (AI) tag after AI driver name when you click on server details.

bwana likes this.
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You probably can work on something using that "AI" tag tho, just like AMS did there is Player(AI)/MaxPlayers now or something like that in their lobby

11. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Registered

I am hoping that the new UI will begin to address online. In my opinion, the ghost town online has nothing to do with "Rfactor 2 being too real or too hard" as some seem to believe. It is a clunky mess that, combined with visuals that haven't been as nice as some other games, and a relatively small number of popular and QUALITY content makes many give up before giving this game a good try. I almost gave up because I hated guessing what mod was being run, or what version of a track what being used, or worse, joining and having to dl 6 tracks just to race once. ( most of the tracks of which I had deleted due to extremely poor quality).

I think it would be in S397's best interest to host a GT3 league. It's one of the most popular series for simracers and what better way to promote your product than have an official series?

SPASKIS likes this.
  12. rer8

rer8 Registered

With more that 300 available track titles, not counting the many alternative tracks offered on the primary track, and at least half that many cars I don't think for a minute that there is a content problem considering alternative games that are currently on the market. With the quality of tracks, cars, game play, physics, weather and the upgrade to dx 11 this title is second to none. ....but! The omnipresence of terrible online programing support, not dissimilar to the earlier version (rfactor (1), continues to haunt this title like a ferocious beast.

If this title is ever to wear the crown of excellence that we want it to have, the developers must make online gaming a priority. Without mentioning other titles, I have found simple, fast ways to host a race that take only a minute or two to create, and other players join effortlessly and good racing is the result. Eyes wide open, we can only hope!

bwana likes this.
  13. pkelly

pkelly Registered

@rer8 - would you mind sharing your "simple, fast ways to host a race that take only a minute or two to create, and other players join effortlessly and good racing is the result." with others here, who are trying to do the same thing? I could sure use a tutorial like you suggest, especially if it was rF2 related. Merci.

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I understand that he has a steam license associated to the server so he can use the "old" hosting button from the launcher which was quite straightforward to use compared to the steamCMD users.

15. rer8

rer8 Registered

The fast and simple hosting is available in AC. Like rF2 I purchased it immediately while it was in it's early development phase. I have several thousand hours using rF2 and less than 40 hours using AC. Now you know my preference. It takes less than 5 minutes to build a race event for AC and I am now on my fifth day chasing setup problems with rFactor 2 "Setting up a Dedicated Server." I have actually abandoned the effort because the instructions seem incomplete in the following area. I have completed the rest of the "Guide" instructions.
    "
    Setting up Shortcuts
    Before you continue installing packages and creating events, it is worthwhile to setup a few shortcuts:
    • A shortcut to either the 32 or 64 bit version of the dedicated server to host a race. You can find those in the Bin32/Bin64 folder of the installation. Make sure to add:
      +path=".."
      at the end of the line in "Target" to ensure that the dedicated server knows how to load all your content, otherwise the shortcut won't work! So the whole line in that "Target" field should be something like this:
      "C:\rFactor2-Dedicated\Bin64\rFactor2 Dedicated.exe" +path=".."

• A shortcut to the module manager that can be used to install packages containing tracks, cars or race events. You can find it in the Bin32 folder of the installation and it's called ModMgr.exe
    • A shortcut to the package manager that can be used to create race events. It is located in the Support\Tools folder of the installation, a file called MAS2.exe.
    If someone will kindly write a CLEAR, Concise, and Complete explanation of where the target is, hopefully I will be able to enjoy hosting online races again... as it stands, my rig is currently dormant. I actually think the online race process should be contained in the developer provided game itself. Thanks Spakis, your assumptions are correct. Best regards... Randy

16. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

1. For you to stop making the same threads over and over and over again.

2. For you to stop making the same threads over and over and over again.

3. Stop pretending your a rocket scientist for NASA. It's a video game. Get over yourself.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  17. ceecee

ceecee Registered

I had my own problems setting it up without clear info but now it works.
    To answer the bold text :
    1. Make a shortcut from rFactor2 Dedicated.exe on your desktop.
    2. Right click on the shortcut and add the path in the Target window including +path=".." at the end.
    In the attached image you can see my path in blue, which is "C:\Games\rfactor2-dedicated\Bin64\rFactor2 Dedicated.exe" +path=".."
    Enjoy your game and maybe you want to install the great program rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2 to keep an eye on the cars !

Attached Files:

• DEDI.JPG
      DEDI.JPG
      File size:
      38.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  18. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I'm pretty happy with rf2 as it is, but there are a couple of things that I'm not so happy about.

1) Fix the AI wet weather pit stop bug. This was reported ages ago and makes racing the AI in the wet no fun at all. AFAIK the bug only happens when tyre wear is switched on. With the latest rain updates I would hope that this would now become a higher priority as I imagine more users will race in wet weather now.

2) It's a big one but it's not. The TV plugin created by Gerald does not work with dx11. It works fine with DX9 so you could say I should just stay with DX9 then. Problem is, with dx11 now as default, staying with DX9 may mean missing future updates, including the wet weather bug mentioned before this. You can my predicament; stay with DX9 and have access to a tv overlay but miss out on a potential bug fix. I hope a tv plugin can be made for dx11 either official or third party.

Obviously these are the two things that affect me while they may not worry anyone else. I'm pretty anxious about these things and have my fingers crossed something can be done about them, but we will see. Having seen iracings news about Ai and rain is a little interesting to me so I'll keep an eye out there too .

SPASKIS likes this.
  19. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Aqua planning is a good one,realistic gravel traps too would be great.
    Online structured series and championships.
    Weather temps effecting the tyres
    Better more detailed setup options in the garage

Rain improvements both visual and physics.
    All s307 released content to be completed,features still missing months later isn’t a good confidence builder
    A lot more official tracks and cars

20. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

1. New UI/HUD (with plugin capability)
    2. Improved computer performance and constantly improving graphics.
    3. Updated tyre model.

Seeing S397 are in the process of doing all 3, I need not worry. :)