[REL] SHQM HUD

Discussion in 'Other' started by lonestar29, Dec 25, 2017.

1. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Yes, but you need to create a rfcmp file after done editing. Search in the forums how to do.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Filip likes this.
  2. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

First of all, I really like this HUD. This was the final step that encouraged me to finally switch to DX11, thanks for that!
    I have a few remarks (using default layout):
    Hourglass
    • Yesterday I had some online races with a defined 'race time', i.e. 10 minutes. I noticed the hourglass was blank (--:--.---) instead of indicating the time left. It works in practice though, so I'm not sure what's wrong.
    • An other remark about the hourglass: it seems rather useless to indicate 'session time left' to 0.001s accurate. Indicating time left in 'seconds' (hh:mm:ss) is sufficient, the extra thousandths are a bit distracting to me.
    Fuel
    • It is possible to also include the predicted 'time left' (mm:ss), next to predicted 'laps left'? This is more useful when running timed races, instead of a number of laps.
    Thanks in advance.

3. lonestar29

lonestar29 Member

@Lenniepen
    thanks for your feedback. full agreement here with each point. Unfortunately, I am limited to using functions that S397 has made available in HUD editor. Formats are editable (as far as I can tell), and i don't really know when and how they are activated.

For the 'time remaining' function . . . I saw that it was available, and assumed it would give us the time remaining in the session, and thought that would be very useful reference to show on HUD. So I can't explain why it would not work in a timed race.
    I agree the 'time left' would be very useful, as I used that in trackmap.... but again, that specific function is not built in to HUD editor. Hopefully S397 expands on the available functions.

Similar with your question on 'format'. I agree that format of some of the data includes alot of 'insignificant' digits. Time remaining does not need 0.001s resolution... that was one of the first things I wanted to reformat.

4. Marcelo Mandaji

Marcelo Mandaji Registered

it´s possible to reset delta best time?

5. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Registered

Hi Lonestar29, an outstanding work, thank you very much ofr you efforts.
    I have one "bug" fix and one suggestion ;);)

The little bug is a debris on screen due to the layer of the HUD, here a couple of screenshots:

debris.jpg debris01.jpg

The suggestion is make the message box a little smaller, the vanilla message box is huge, and you new one is smaller but still too much big.
    In race, most of drivers dont take too much care of the message box and when you want to read it, you really read it carefully, so this element it a little smaller will do the final design of the hud much more clean.

Again thank you very much.

6. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

I got the same

7. lonestar29

lonestar29 Member

@Kyle_Katarn @wrxxy well done! I saw that smudge, but i didn't think anyone would notice. Will clean that up within next week or so.

8. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Registered

Thank you very much :)
    I see it at the first moment I get in the car :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I don't know how others don't saw it before o_Oo_Oo_O

At first sight I thought that this was just dust in the visor, but wait, rF2 don't have a visor for the pilot helmet :D

And this lead me to the next question, with this new HUDs could be done easely a visor helmet toggleable with the num 5 key (Hud with 4 states: HUD+Visor, Visor, HUD, OFF)? just a question not a request. Cheers

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  9. lonestar29

lonestar29 Member

'visor helmet' ... ? Do you mean something like this...
    upload_2018-1-11_14-27-6.png
    That could certainly be drawn into the HUD texture, but the '4-states' are not possible with current HUD editor functions. Toggle would be HUD+VISOR and OFF.
    Or you could setup a different HUD texture that would toggle VISOR(noHUD) and OFF.

10. lonestar29

lonestar29 Member

@Marcelo Mandaji
    I think the only reset comes when you exit game, and restart. (its built-in function, so I really don't know how it was intended)

11. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Registered

Yes, something like that.
    Thank for the reply and clarification ;);)

12. lonestar29

lonestar29 Member

v1.6 was loaded on Steam.

Fixed the 'splodge' (debris in lower left quadrant of screen)
    Different fonts
    Added a couple new HUD layouts

Churrinche, pascom, pantxu and 3 others like this.
  13. lonestar29

lonestar29 Member

1 year old, and over 6,800 subscribers. Wow.

14. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

It shows how poor the default hud is

ADSTA likes this.
  15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i really wish the black border of the HUD to be see through
    or at least a see through version of this hud so the ppl with small size monitors (23 inch) to feel better :)

lonestar29 likes this.
  16. lonestar29

lonestar29 Member

i agree the border might be better if it were a bit more transparent. there are some other small changes that i'd like to do, but i feel it reached a point where the benefits are minimal and not worth the effort (diminishing returns). and i fear this HUD will be obsolete when the new UI is introduced... so going to wait and see.

pkelly and mesfigas like this.
  17. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

18. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Just checking if it's possible to lower the HUD? I find it quite high when using w/ the Rift.

19. lagg

lagg Registered

If you reduce the resolution in the launcher - Video settings, you will reduce the size of the hud and it'll appear lower.
    The rF2 will continue in 1920*1080.
    This only affects the UI, HUD, etc.

20. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Thanks, just saw this now, wonder why I didn't get any 'Alert'.

I already have reso at 1280x720. Apparently even the virtual mirror is quite high... Also, the HUD shows below the mirror, not in alignment with the mirror as shown in the OP, what could be causing this?

EDIT/UPDATE: Tried 1600x900, size and position appears better. My monitor is a 2560x1440, so not sure if this has any bearing. Tried another SHQM HUD and it shows aligned with the virtual mirror (ie. mirror is in the middle), however the previous HUD VR isn't aligned, rather it appears below the VM... using CV1.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019