Oculus Rift Rfactor2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by polaco1982, Jan 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. polaco1982

polaco1982 Registered

Hello,

I m running RFACTOR 2 with my Oculus CVR1 and i dont know if this is a bug or what but if i cannot see the rear wheels of any formula 1 car, I thought it was a problem of the mod but then i checked with the formula renault 3.5 and i had the same problem.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

a lot of the older cars have the rear missing ( new ones too ? ) on some/all non replay views

car builders didn't think ahead I know )-:

3. polaco1982

polaco1982 Registered

I have checked the Formula E, and is also without the rear wheels. I dont know if i have something wrong on my configuration. This is not normal.

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

It's because you normally wouldn't see them. No point in rendering things you won't see.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  5. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Normally? Do you mean in the past? I am sure many would expect RF2 rendering things like that in a newly released paid DLC for your VR DX11 out of Beta title.

polaco1982 likes this.
  6. Coutie

I mean if you're sitting in a car, you can't see the rear wheels. Remember, the game came out way before VR was a thing, so there is no system in place for showing the rear wheels. If they started including everything in the cockpit view, this forum would be full of people complaining about performance. Maybe something like that will be added, but I really don't know. Right now, I don't believe there are a lot of VR users, so it doesn't really make sense to change how things are rendered.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Well you can turn your head in VR ;)

I mainly agree with you Coutie, it is - for the most part - pointless to include a fully rendered car when 99% of the time you're looking mainly forwards and slightly to the sides, but for the future these things do need to be considered. The McLaren 650S still has model/textures missing in the cockpit and that's pretty basic stuff to have in VR, it all adds to the experience essentially so I hope in future as long as performance levels are not compromised too much then we could have fully modelled driver viewpoints.

Mibrandt likes this.
  8. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Well you have decided to implement VR yourselves so whats your point in saying it wasnt there from the beginning? You are a VR title now per own choice so there should be a system in place for showing the rear wheels. Ppl will expect to see rear wheels when they look backwards (naturally).

[​IMG]

polaco1982 likes this.
  9. Coutie

I don't work for S397, so don't take what I say as what they say. Yes you can move your head, but drivers now are strapped in with the hans and can't really look back. If possible, it would be best to be able to make really low poly stuff for the back of the car, that you could stick into the cockpit instance.

10. polaco1982

polaco1982 Registered

So basicaly this is because 397 has not rendered the cars. I thougt it was something worng on my configuration.
    Well i think this is very important to fix by 397. i am not going to buy new content if they don`t fix it . For VR simracers this is not good. And please this is just my personal opinion.

Mibrandt likes this.
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

<cough> 1960s F1 </cough> ;)

I agree yes low poly models would suffice but personally I don't see it as a high priority item for some time yet (if ever), right now I'd prefer the cockpits to be completed as for VR that is more important than what's directly behind.

Who knows where we may end up going with VR? I foresee a future of wandering around Pit Lane and climbing into your car to go for a drive, then they'll need to be fully rendered :)

12. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I foresee a future of wandering around Pit Lane and climbing into your car to go for a drive
    You mean you haven't done that already? I was disappointed that my Rift's cable wasn't long enough to let me walk out the back of the pit garage...

Next thread: when will S397 implement hyperjump with the Touch controllers so you can wander around anywhere? :cool:

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

In AC I have many a time purely because some of those cars are sexy! :D

polaco1982 and Seven Smiles like this.
  14. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I noticed on the car I looked at that although the rear wheels were missing the suspension was there. I also experimented with setting the view position while alongside a single-seater car then sitting in my seat to go for a "sidecar" passenger ride alongside my (headless) driver.