Unable to init VR runtime: Installation Not Found (100)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by YoLolo69, Jan 8, 2018.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Computer:
    Windows 10 Home 64bits 1709 (16299.192)
    I7 3770K OC 4,4Ghz
    GPU Nvidia GTX 1080 drivers 388.71
    16GB Ram
    C:>SSD 128 for Windows and D:>HDD 1TB for all others stuffs
    Display using monitor 1920x1200 or Oculus Rift

Hi Guys, long time no see. Last time I launched Rf2 was on summer 2016... Life let me currently get back to Sim, so yeah, I'm back! :)

Today, as I saw VR and DX11 landed for the best Sim I decided to have a go. The game is set to not use any Beta version in Steam (may I have to choose one?). Verified files integrity did not fix anything.

Flat screen worked fine, no noticeable problem, it's really nice (DX11 I guess, great job!).
    Trying VR, I launched first Oculus Home (Dash Core 2.0), and then Steam, and then rF2 from Steam. Was able to change Video Setting using the launcher to try "Headset" (and also "Headset+mirror", same result).

The "Unable to init VR runtime: Installation Not Found (100)" message box appear after clicking "Single Player", and clicking Cancel or Retry do the same things : nothing. Game still running, so killing it from task manager or rebooting is needed.

As it sound as a path problem : Oculus stuffs are on my D:\Oculus and Steam are on D:\Games\Steam. I also reinstalled classic runtimes (2012/2013 x86 & 64) just in case. Other Oculus apps/games/Sim work fine.

Integrity of game files verified, and as a reminder the 2D monitor version work like a charm, so it's a VR thing as error said...

Does somebody met the same issue? What I missed here (launch order perhaps, etc.?).

Thanks for your helps! I can't wait to run it in VR :)

YoLolo

Edit : I found this : https://www.studio-397.com/2017/05/open-beta-with-directx-11-and-virtual-reality-support/ Does it still valid informations (May 2017)? That mean I need to install SteamVR too (Oh no, I have bad story with it and fps on my machine)?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  2. albert39

albert39 Registered

You must download and install in Steam the SteamVr aplication.
    And then in the rfactor2 launcher enable VR.
    Finally when you need to start rfactor you only need to open oculus launcher and then rfactor. You'll see that steamvr opens and you will have rfactor on your oculus.

YoLolo69 likes this.
  3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Mmmm ok, thanks for your answer ! I'll try this process.

Sad it's not more explicit it use SteamVR (I didn't find this information on the product page and the error is not enough clear).

Edit : SteamVR, do I have to opt to its Beta Version?

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

You should not need to

YoLolo69 likes this.